Reviews for Soul Mate
Berserker Nightwitch chapter 1 . 1/9/2011
THANK YOU! I was getting sick of the 'Suspian 4Ever!' or Caspian-becomes-a-cheating-fickle-dog fics. Since they apparently HAD to add a romance to the movie, I thank you for bringing it back on track!
DancingintheRain131 chapter 1 . 1/9/2011
Before I give you my review you must know: I am a Suspian fan. But I am a romance girl at heart. I love happy endings and I love when everything turns out well, even if it may not in real life. Which is why I'm so surprised at my opinion of this.

This was beautifully written. While I am a hardcore fan of this pairing, I think you actually hit on a very good point. They're teenagers. A month in Narnia isn't enough to declare them soulmates.

And let me tell you: I was completely fine watching this movie, but when the kiss scene happened, I was like "Now they just have to get together. " And I was so disappointed when they didn't. If they hadn't had the freaking kiss in the first place, I would be fine.

But all in all, you were right. In my opinion. And if you didn't get the gist from all that rambling, I really liked it! :)
RhythmicalMusa chapter 1 . 12/10/2010
who is ramandu's daughter ?

she wasnt in the movie
Chari192 chapter 1 . 6/12/2010
This is absolutely wonderful! I love how you included Suspian but in the end had the Caspian/ Ramandu's Daughter pairing. I love how you didn't bash Suspian, just looked at it realistically in light of Caspian's future. In doing so, neither Susan, nor RD came across as the "bad guy" or "the other woman" as some fanfics would have it. Very well done!
Taryn Streambattle chapter 1 . 11/28/2009
Well-said!
CherylSongbow chapter 1 . 11/9/2009
Nice approach.
DawnFire and Silver Huntress chapter 1 . 11/2/2009
Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. I really like the way you made the horror that was induced by the movie take a turn and make some sense. Thank you. Caspian and Ramandu's daughter truly are soul mates, and you portrayed them beautifully.

Silver
Shadow-ofthe-Night35 chapter 1 . 7/6/2009
THANK YOU, for writing a Susan Caspian story that was NOT a SusanXCaspian story! I agree with you wholeheartedly, and while I love the movie, the flirtations and the (in)famous kiss did, as you put it, cause more problems than it was worth. Trying to sift through the endless Suspians was maddening, and though I broke down and wrote one myself (I don't fight with inspiration. It visits infrequently enough...), I could barely believe myself. So Thank you THANK you THANK YOU for giving poor Ramandu's daughter what she deserves! :D

Shadow
Fierce Queen chapter 1 . 6/24/2009
i agree with your note at the end. i like how you wrote thw story and how you explained the meaning behind Susan and Caspian's last words to eachother and the kiss. good job!

Narniachick
Lady of Stormness Mountain chapter 1 . 6/14/2009
Thank you! I was sitting at my computer nodding, smiling, and shouting my elation at actually finding a story that did not support, and indeed destroyed, the unfortunate rise of the dreaded Suspian. You are such a great writer. Everything is so vividly described and detailed. I should only be so fortunate to write something half as good as what you have deemed "not your best".

If I may, could I add this story to my newly formed community Suspian's Last Stand? It will be a collection of antiSuspian fics, but at the moment I only have three (and such stories are few and far between).

Thanks so very much,

Lady of Stormness Mountain
Siriusly Loopy chapter 1 . 4/22/2009
I think I'd like Caspian with Ramandu's daughter better if she had a name. I like Sussan and Caspian just because I like the two characters and all but I know that Caspian and Ramandu's daughter get together. There's just no romance to it because it seems that C. S. Lewis has no sense of romance adn/or action.
priscipixie chapter 1 . 1/12/2009
Thank you for providing some plausible closure to the Susan/Caspian shipping. I just hope the movie makers have some sense to follow your lead when they come out with Voyage of the Dawn Treader. (I think they will - there is no way you could reconcile it with canon in any way otherwise). Now if only you could convince the fandom.

(Does it strike you that the moviemakers are probably going to be like the Narnians - they just teased our minds by lightly dabbling with the idea. On the other hand, the fandom is like the Telmarines - can't let go of a dumb idea, no matter that Caspian's tearing his hair out in frustration that he would still be considered lovelorn for a simple adolescent infatuation. Grow up, people!)
GoldenAshes chapter 1 . 1/11/2009
Ah! Yes yes yes yes YES! Pardon me. yes. Since movie!Caspian DID flirt with Su, I'm delighted to find a fic which deals with it and reconciles it with his marriage to Ramandu's daugter - without making him a sulky little boy with bent-up passion for a girl he barely knew.

I adore that the Telmarines felt so sorry for him and kept trying to comfort him. 'His twu wuv is missing'.

Ramandu's daughter forever! Now, I am a bit of a Lucian, but I much prefer the canonical Lucians where she leaves him and he falls for Ramandu's daughter.

It's worth noting that it was three years between the meeting on the island and the wedding; a guy who would wait that long to get married would not really fall in love with Susan that fast! Flirt, yeah. Infatuation, yup. Twu wuv? Ehm, no. Terrific.
Rolletti chapter 1 . 1/2/2009
YES! I wouldn't read this at first because I thought it was a Suspian story. Then I read in your journal how it was a little trick. LOL ROFL I LOVE IT! What a great way of displaying this to the Suspian shippers. hahahaha

Rolletti (Suspian, palez)
Bardess of Avon chapter 1 . 12/28/2008

THANK YOU.

Suspian does NOT work. I watched the movie the other day with my cousins (finally; after ranting against Suspian, it's about time I saw the actual movie) and while I love the movie and I concede that the Suspian pairing works in the MOVIE, it has no place in canon. The pairing could work; if it weren't based on a book that has NO mentions of such a pairing! I mean, it just DOESN'T WORK.

So when I Googled Anti-Suspian and your profile came up, I was immediately happy that I am not the only person who seems to realize that yes, the book came before the movie and therefore is the more accurate source. I completely agree with your views on the pairing; in fact, you worded my thoughts perfectly.

In short, I love this fic and I love YOU for not loving Suspian.

*adds to favorites and feels better about the world now*