Reviews for Circular Narration
Moonltwolf chapter 1 . 12/28/2012
that is a good poem!
sakurahanaalice chapter 1 . 6/9/2008
Yeah, I know what you mean. After beating Ganondorf, or Vaait, or whoever, it's always like you never beat them. Everyone is still in fear and some people are back to their unhappy state. Although, beating Ganondorf ,or whoever, is fun. I just wish that sometimes the land of Hyrule would just stay the way you changed it.
Agla chapter 1 . 10/3/2007
They heard you.
Vladimir the Hamster chapter 1 . 7/14/2007
Wow, it really embodies MM well.

Not much words to say. The greatness needs no words.
whisperingxblue chapter 1 . 3/26/2007
two words: haunting poem.

With the short lines and quick, clockwork rhythm as well as the slightly macabre and morbid imagery/word choice, you really captured the feeling of Majorca's Mask in this poem. I look forward to reading more of your poetry.
WishIWould chapter 1 . 1/19/2007
First of all, congratulations on successfully turning a concept from a game into a poem. First of all, there are several specific lines that really hit hard - "No matter what you do for them / They won't remember you", "Do you think you saved the world this time? / You didn't. You never will" and the last stanza. I think what draws me to your writing is that you don't seem to play the game to beat it - you feel all of the joy, sorrow, and comploexities of the situations (which is how I approach it, as well). This is immensely evident in the way you write in general, but also specifically in this poem. But also, you make it seem evident that these themes are universal...It's just hard to remember that this feeling, the sort of hopelessness and exhausted feeling, is NOT the end...it's just how you feel in the middle.

...Sre my reviews too long? I like to go in depth, but I hope they don't annoy!
Zosha chapter 1 . 11/8/2005
I loved this poem and I know how you feel. It made me so mad that the people I helped never really got it. Good job.
Switchblade237 chapter 1 . 5/24/2005
You definatly have a good point there. The same thing happened to me, only with the lady being robbed in North Clocktown- what happens if I don't show up? Three days thing really bothered me, and your poem really brings that out. Kudos to you.
Sirael Lythling chapter 1 . 5/23/2005
This poem was really interesting. I think it captures the thoughts of most Zelda players at that point in the game. I kinda felt sorry for Link. Well, to sum up my feelings in a sadly nondescriptive way, that was really cool. I can almost hear it in a mocking sing-song in my head.
nn chapter 1 . 5/11/2005
yea this poem does remind me of anju and kafei. i liked the first two lines a lot as well as the last two stanzas.

majora's mask does make me feel really sad. every time the orcania brings you back in time, everything is restarted and it's as if you've never been there before. no one remembers you, even though you may know so much about them... it's sad.

your poem really captures that sadness. i like it a lot. )
Watuna chapter 1 . 11/5/2004
Wow, I really liked this! It's a very well done poem. :D

I guess I would agree, but I lost the game, before I was able to finnish it, when my family and I moved. :/
nulled chapter 1 . 10/9/2004
Wow, it's so true! What a very creative 'sudden inspiration'. I was so mad too, because Anju and Kafei are two of my most favourite characters...when I finished the task and went back three days, my brother and I were just LITERALLY gaping at the TV screen. Yeesh. Anyway, nice job on the poem. It's not like one of those corny poems at all-it's just so...true.
Gracelyn chapter 1 . 10/1/2004
Wow. I love it.

Dark, chilling and yet so appealing.
Devila1024 chapter 1 . 8/6/2004
NICE! You made it rhyme and everything... and the poem makes sense... and i could imagine helping people and not ever really permanantly helped them through life... But i accepted the fact that... THAT'S LIFE... I always say that whatever happend is meant to be happened anyway... might as well accept than keep whinning over it... I love Majora's Mask too! But i gotta say taht i love Ocarina of Time more...Anyways... The Legend of Zelda is extremely great! How do people come up with such fascinating Legends?
Lizai chapter 1 . 7/8/2004
Ugh. I see what you mean. Heroing sucks, but this whole Hero of Time thing just takes the cake. He gets seven years taken away from him, then just at the point when you would assume he'd've gotten used to it, Zelda sends him back to regain his lost time - but at the price that no one will remember him or what he did for them. What he sacrificed. That stupid princess took everything he had done and become and threw it out the window like trash.

Then, like you said, the Majora's Mask thing happens, and again, nothing he does really makes any difference. Messing with Time only seems to bring pain, and yet Link can't seem to help it.

I definitely see what you're talking about here. It sucks to be Link.