Reviews for Aviaries
Mrs. Marple Poirot chapter 1 . 1/20/2013
I love this fic!
momentsinseptember chapter 3 . 2/1/2010
I'm so sad that this is the last chapter ;-; I love it!
momentsinseptember chapter 1 . 1/31/2010
Love it. The characterization is spot on.
geekmama chapter 3 . 9/20/2009
This was a charming story! I really enjoyed it.

~ Geek Mama
Rachel452 chapter 2 . 11/23/2008
"She stared up at him for a moment in silence, something in his eyes sending her back onto the cliff in Port Royal, and she felt as if she was going to fall again, a strange sense of panic washing over her 'at the idea that this time he would not be there to catch her."

That sentence is an example of why ur stories are made up of so much WIN!
maidenfairhair chapter 3 . 11/15/2008
Ah I suddenly realized this was the third and final chapter... and almost died again. NO!

[Later, Barbossa had been marooned on an island with a pistol, one bullet, and one apple.]

Okay, I just want to give you the biggest hug for that! one apple? Could i laugh any harder?~?

[Had she come because she suspected that he might have been in danger? Had she come because he had asked her to come?

Or... or had she come because she was in need of a pretext to come... and whatever would have been in his letter she would have come...}

Exquisite reasoning here, and I definitely, definitely think she would have come! :)

[Come, meet me in Shipwreck Cove, start from the point from which we should have started. It was a good moment to start... Too late to start from then again, but it's never too late to start from today – there are so many todays, Lizzie, so many days that start with the sun rising, end with the sun setting, nights when you can't see the stars, nights when you can't see anything else but stars. Come.]

OH I will spare you my endless swooning... this is perfect, so precious and adorable and delicious and wonderful and too-good-to-be-true... I love that idea of starting again, never too late to start from today... you are a poet and a philosopher of the highest degree my dear!

[“I have a right to do what I want to do, because I want it” he whispered, breaking the kiss.]

a wonderful call-back to dead man's chest... perfect! :)

[He looked at her for a moment in silence, as if trying to decide whether he should tell her the truth or not. “'Cause all of that was easier,” he whispered at last, almost inaudibly.

Elizabeth wrinkled her forehead. “Easier than what?”

“Than this,” he said after a pause, a piece of paper appearing in front of Elizabeth's face.]

Oh my gracious... what a way with words you have! Awe sweet Jack, they are so hilarious and lovely together, this story is just delightful.

[Shadows of regret looming over the sea, gleaming in the rays of the rising sun. But she was safe from them for now, safe from everything as long as her skin was pressed against his, as long as she could hear the beating of his heart under her fingertips, as long as she could sleep with the memory of his voice chanting her name and those several words that had the power to bind a soul to a soul forever.]

Oh, an almost bittersweet ending- the beauty of your amazing words just launches this story away into a true legend, it feels so timeless, and there is still that trace of reality even though for them there is only each other...

This story is such a gift, Katie-Kate, it's a real treasure just like you! THANK YOU for this beautifully elegant and fun and sweet story, it's a work of art like all your writing!

XOXOXOXOXO
maidenfairhair chapter 2 . 11/15/2008
[She stared up at him for a moment in silence, something in his eyes sending her back onto the cliff in Port Royal, and she felt as if she was going to fall again, a strange sense of panic washing over her at the idea that this time he would not be there to catch her.

And she wondered if he would have caught her back then at all if he had known what role she would have played in his future...]

Oh, somehow methinks he would have, Lizzie! :)

[“Are you mad?” she exclaimed in a decidedly too loud tone of voice, hearing a series of whistling sounds in return. She stiffened at the noise of stumbling footsteps, not even bothering to look over her shoulder.

Jack pulled her pistol out of her belt (oh, she thought, blushing at her ridiculous assumptions), and swinging her with his other hand further away from the window fired, one of the window's bars springing free, and falling to the ground.]

OH I love it, I love it! YOu ALWAYS get just the right combination of humor and drama to your stories-

[he had looked exactly like she had always imagined him to be; he had looked like the pirate from her books, the pirate whose grand adventures she had been absorbing so greedily, wishing to be a part of them, mostly because she had been certain she could have proved to him that she would have made at least as fearsome pirate as him.]

that's amazing... amazing... and she did make a fearsome pirate, didn't she? You always know how to reference the past the right way, to build up on how perfect they are for one another. it's beautiful. :)

[What she had not expected, however, were his straightforward advances, serious or not. She could not kiss him. She could not let him kiss her. Kissing was serious. Kissing was-

His hand on her cheek brought her back to the reality, and she quickly tried to regain her composure and scold him for even-

But his lips touched hers ever so softly, that soon she found herself rather disappointed by the briefness and gentleness of the kiss, than upset that he had kissed her at all.]

Ah! I am a shrieking fangirl again! Love it love it LOVE IT! I'm so sorry I don't have anything more intelligent or intellectual to say... lol...

[It was nothing serious, after all, was it? It was just a kiss, just a kiss, nothing more.]

Your irony is out of this world amazing. It just gets better and better and better and I can barely stand it! :)

Oh Jack... I think I see where this is going... lying rogue! Hahahahaha this is my favorite thing I've read maybe ever... must continue my dear!
maidenfairhair chapter 1 . 11/15/2008
OMG OMG OMG How on EARTH did I MISS this STORY? Excuse me while I DIE of surpise and delight to find more WONDERFUL BRILLIANCE OF YOU!

Okay, this whole first bit with the letter- you are CRAZILY AMAZING, it is so witty and clever and HILARIOUS to see the letter interspersed with Elizabeth's thoughts- oh my God they are MEANT TO BE!

[“Your Dearest Majesty,”

Of course he had to mock her, even though her title was the result of his own duplicitous schemes!]

I started to quote and then realized I needed to quote the whole letter. THe pillage and plunder bit... AH I can't stop laughing!

[“Who's there?” he forced his tone to sound both disinterested and suspicious.]

You really do OWN Jack dont you?~?~! He is there in your room while you are writing, explaining exactly PERFECTLY what he would have said and thought!

[“You're not paying attention, 'Lizbeth. I said he met a lass, not he decided to ruin his life.”]

:P oh my gosh, so funny! I want a t-shirt that says that, seriously! OH JACK!

[Elizabeth stood with her hands resting on the top of the clumsy staircase she had built, her eyes fixed on the ground, hair fluttering in the mild, evening wind. He could not see her face, only her silhouette and her hair gold against the night. And suddenly he stopped wondering whether it was a good idea to write to her. She had come.]

This is so beautiful... so beautiful... it's alike an epic poem, the most amazing hint of a story of true love... like all your writing, it has such a distinct voice to it, such a magical sense of time and place and connection...

[“Luv, you must stop interpreting me every word in such a dramatic way,” Jack's voice returned to normal, as he resumed his position by the window. “I said gone, not-”]

You are truly a master, a GENIUS, at conversation! It's uncanny!

[“I got you,” whispered Jack reassuringly, keeping her hands in his through the bars, while she was hanging rather grotesquely above the ground. “No matter how it starts, in the end it's always me rescuing you, eh?” he smiled at her, but Elizabeth did not return his smile.]

AH So true! OH my god I'm reading on as fast as my little eyes will allow...
ViolaBeeB chapter 3 . 10/16/2008
Hey! I didn't realize you posted this here! I'll have to keep checking your profile so I don't miss any of your stories :)

I uberLOVE this one [...um, except that it seems she's married to Will, but I can overlook that lol]! I love the way that Jack can get under her skin...even by just writing a letter lol. And Lizzie has got just the right touch of snark towards Jack...lovely ;)

So sweet the way that they both danced around using the word "persuasion" :)

Lizzie wants Jack's dreadlocks as a broom? Too cute :) And Lizzie was going to take the Pearl and torture Jack about it? She's such a good pirate lol.

Oh, I wish Jack had sent the original letter - it was so heartfelt...but at least Lizzie finally got to see it :)

Of course, the ending was delicious ;) Can we see a lot more of these when you finish VO? Pretty please :)
c'est l'amour chapter 3 . 10/4/2008
Your prose is perfect. I completely loved this ]
captain-kat-sparrow chapter 3 . 9/25/2008
Wonderful story! Great work, loved it :D
Addicted to Jack chapter 3 . 9/24/2008
What a wonderful ending...Oh,I'm melting now...

Please rite some more one shots or two shots ot three(or more)shots! Fantastic!
Addicted to Jack chapter 2 . 9/24/2008
Wow!Great continuation! I loved the kiss scene...awsomeness...

Just like Lizzie I don't know what's going on.I guess the third part will show
Addicted to Jack chapter 1 . 9/24/2008
Amazing first chapter!Jack's letter was so absolutely Jack!Even without his signature she would have known who wrote it,lol!

And I'm glad that she did go to check what was going on, even though she suspected it was all a trick!
Lakritzwolf chapter 3 . 9/24/2008
Flashing colours... indeed, I could almost see them *sigh*

Oh how sweet... Jack, the old rascal, and Lizzie, the fiery soul... a match made in... hm. Surely not in heaven. Surely not in hell.

A match made... in the diamond-strewn darkness of a starlit caribbean night.

Well done, luv!