Reviews for Resurrection, Part II, Death of a Mathematician
Leonora Chris chapter 1 . 7/13/2018
Oh, the angst... Again!
Anjion chapter 1 . 9/25/2016
Do you did it. You actually killed Charlie. Wow. I absolutely loved this! Part 3, here I come!
Fractal Moonshine chapter 1 . 12/31/2012
"Okay. Wait until I - tell Larry. I've got - a launch story to rival his."

That is so Charlie!

"I should have - waited," Charlie said, the words faint, broken by quick gasps for air. "Wanted to see - if you – were okay. I'm sorry – please don't – be angry. Tell Dad – and Amita -,' he stopped for a moment, overcome by emotion, "I love them – love you, too -,"

"No." It came out strangled, agonized, and then Don spoke more loudly. "NO!" He whirled on his heel, ignoring the desperate cry of his name behind him, and burst through the door.

So completely realistic of how Don reacts. It was clear to me that his NO! was not a rejection of Charlie's affection, but an attempt to take control of the situation, and also clear why Charlie would interpret it as rejection.

"Say it," he pleaded. "Just once. I need – to hear you – say it."

Don looked down at him, shaking his head in denial, but the desperate look on Charlie's face brought him to his senses, and he fought to speak over the pain. 'Have I really never told him?'

This says so much about the parameters of their relationship.

On to read part 3. You never shy away from high-voltage emotional situations.
thisaccountisinactivelosiento chapter 1 . 7/24/2010
*Please see review for Part I*

That's really all I can say right now. I'm too much at a loss for words. *gestures tearfully to Serialgal* Dammit, you did it again.

Raylie
Adri1577 chapter 1 . 8/28/2009
Really good. I loved it. You have a great way of describing emotions.

Great work!

Thank you.
Edna Pests chapter 1 . 11/4/2008
Dang it. I think the bit that hurt the most for me was when Don left for a second, and Charlie called after him.
Linda chapter 1 . 10/14/2008
Serialgal, you are just TOO good. You've brought me to tears on this one too, more so than on the last one. Goodness, if this keeps up I'm going to have to put a water-proof cover over the keyboard to make it through the last part :)

On to the Part I!
Denouement Intrusion chapter 1 . 10/10/2008
Took me a while to calm down enough to write this. Damn near impossible to read it was so sad. I was just torn up reading the segment where Don has to go to Charlie and try to comfort him while he is dying. And then Charlie is begging him to say "I love you" out loud - surely Don has said this at SOME point but this just reduced me to a babbling insensible wreck.

Really liked the way this mirrored the first story in some of the passages about the funeral and interment.

So, not sure what could be next. Alan's demise, reuniting him with his sons and Margaret? Title would seem to suggest otherwise but... Well, I'll just go and read it. But if you've left us to our broken hearts I won't be too happy...
MikiNare chapter 1 . 9/25/2008
Okay, before I read this I was tempted to place a bottle of Jack D beside me to help me great through it. Haha. I love Charlie. I didn't think I'd be able to read about him dying...

It was so sad, but again so so good. I knew it was coming, but when he actually died...It was heart-breaking!

You know you are talented when you can get readers to read about their favourite character dying!
devon99 chapter 1 . 9/19/2008
Wow...and I thought Death of an Agent was sad.

For some reason, maybe 'cause Im such a Charlie girl, this just broke me..completely. The hospital scenes were wonderfully written, felt so raw and emotional.

Lovely work, and nice parallels between the two fics as well.
printandpolish chapter 1 . 9/19/2008
This is just amazing - it's like a study of "what if" - what if that first case had been this instead of that? And the writing is beautiful. I can't imagine how it all comes together ... well, wait. I kind of can. I'll let you know if I'm right. :-)
Patty chapter 1 . 9/19/2008
For once, SG, you've left me speechless. I don't know what to say other than the impact

of this story on my emotions is tremendous. After my tears were sorta under control, I

wanted to start throwing things.

Fictional or not, Charlie's death is just not right. I think I could accept it more if

he'd been targeted but fate put him in harm's way quite by accident, just because he wanted

to be near his big brother. too sad to even contemplate.

There's so many things in the story that affected me but I do want to mention the small

role Colby played. I had read somewhere previously about PBI and when you wrote about

Colby's troubled expression at the scene, I realized once again what hell soldiers endure

serving their country. That's neither here nor there in regards to your story but I wanted

to tell you it was a nice touch.

I think you've made us suffer enough in these two installments. Now, restore our hope in

Resurrection, Part 3.

You're simply fabulous, girl!
masondixon chapter 1 . 9/18/2008
Got my review interrupted so I am back again. It was very difficult reading about Charlie dying. I don't think I will do so again. In my mind- and my heart- that character always lives on and, though he can be whumped freely, he always recovers. So it was very hard to read when he didn't. Fortunately this was a short piece. And the third part holds a good promise that things will be better and both Charlie and Don will be fine. I hope. I look forward to tomorrow.
masondixon chapter 1 . 9/18/2008
Well, I forced myself to read this part. I noticed right away the first paragraph was the same as in the first part of the story. Beautifully written.
Sharon chapter 1 . 9/18/2008
Reading the story last night was sad but, considering Don's occupation, I had a certain amount of acceptance. The thought of him dying in the line of duty is something always in the back of my mind. This one is much, much more difficult to read no doubt because you don't expect a mathematician to die such a violent death.

I like the parallel use of some of the lines in both stories. It ties them together even more firmly in my mind.

It's likely Don would struggle more with Charlie's death because he buries his emotions and doesn't have a good outlet for those intense feelings. I also suspect he'd have survivor's guilt in addition to the traditional feelings of guilt about involving Charlie "in his world".

I'm looking forward to Part I to see how you tie these together.