Reviews for Aspirations
umbraqueen chapter 55 . 16h
I loved reading this story, it was a fresh change of pace from the ones I usually read. That being said, there were a few things that bothered me about the story. 1) Severus Snape. I understand that most people don't like him because of the constant abuse on Harry in the books, which is fair, but you have to admit that he's not THAT daft. I feel he would have realized something was going on with Harry, regardless of his hatred. You don't survive being a spy for that long without learning the skills to read people. 2) One thing that got on my nerves a little was reading the last few chapters and realizing that Harry's new government is just becoming as problematic as the old one was. Silencing those that don't agree with what you say? Sounds a bit like corruption, too much to be fair. It just bothered me immensely. Harry also grew rather arrogant towards the end and arrogance will always be a downfall. All in all though, it was a fairly good read. Thank you for posting!
tabala chapter 55 . 9/19
I very much loved your story. The only real thing I would say is thaat this was not really dark Harry and Ginny, it was more independent grey Harry and Ginny. But overall a very good story.
doubledamn chapter 1 . 9/18
I'm getting a 'page does not exist' message over on AO3 for this story. Just a heads up.
Ahh, The Simpsons. A modern Three Stooges or Abbott and Costello for sure. Your Troy McClure send-up was just precious. "You may remember me from such (films, educational videos, voiceovers, etc.) as..." ;-)
Curious about the report of Snape's review having received a majority vote of the prefects, since the stipulation for an override was 75% of the prefects plus the male and female student "Heads." While your stories are rife with annoying typos, you normally don't end up creating plotholes with them. ;-)

I'm fairly certain what you wanted to describe is a "supermajority vote," rather than a simple "majority vote" which might not (unless substantiated with the actual voting record) be enough to prove an authoritative outcome. :-(

What is the supermajority rule? Per Wikipedia, a supermajority, or a qualified majority, is a requirement for a proposal to gain a specified level of support which is greater than the threshold of one half used for majority. ... A supermajority can also be specified based on the entire membership or fixed membership rather than on those present and voting.
It's almost painful to admit that I'm enjoying this story so far. Painful because I usually can't stand "dark" stories (like your Hermione's addiction to dark magic and where that will likely lead) and because I don't normally care for Ginny pairings (though that's more to do with cannon plot and characterization, so not relevant to this AU).

That said, I'm not yet convinced that your Harry, Ginny, Neville and Luna are as dark as the story's summary suggested, even if they do let their proverbial "Slytherin Side" out to play more than usual. That's really all about cunning and ambition though (which they all have in spades) so, despite the counter examples of many members of that house, dark addiction really isn't a necessary Slytherin attribute.
AncientOak chapter 55 . 9/10
This is brilliant. I can't believe how long and well thought out this story is, I love it! A very clever take on Harry wising up to Dumbledore.
Mika the Supreme Ninja chapter 55 . 9/2
this story
MrsJMPotter chapter 16 . 8/25
Keep it up
MrsJMPotter chapter 8 . 8/24
Good story
MrsJMPotter chapter 3 . 8/24
Nice chapter. It was a great idea to use trelawney to get the note.
J-M-D-R chapter 55 . 8/3
Hey there,
I just wanted to say I enyojed reading your story. It was one of the most eloborate dark-Harry stories I've ever written. Especially the part about the gingotts goblins was really good since I hadn't seen it before. The only thing I didn't like was how the all the power Harry got sometimes got to his head. He became a bit too arrogant (I can't think of a better word) towards the end in my opinion but nevertheless I liked the story.
Take care!
~J
I feel really sorry for Bellatrix.
The Exiled Maven of Vale chapter 55 . 7/13
God damn utterly bloody brilliant, bravo and kudos to you
SortingHat chapter 21 . 7/9
Sorry that Fawkes is forced to serve DUMB ol dore. I thought Phoenixes were creatures of light? Guess I was wrong.
3,385 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »