Reviews for Lotus
onebuttoneye chapter 46 . 3/7/2020
dammit Rachel, how do you do it? This is was SO GOOD

I love the Dawn pov- she's matured a bit and it feels fitting within this story- everyone has had to mature, get more grounded

"Dawn definitely missed being able to sprawl without having to worry about smacking someone in the face. Plus, when her bedmate kept shifting and waking at all hours, it was kind of difficult to get a good night’s sleep."

It's not surprising that Tara is not sleeping well, but hearing it from Dawn's perspective its just so sad. Luckily she has Willow arms to keep her all snuggled and safe again. That said, I was also a little surprised that Tara seemed so hesitant to define the relationship between she and Willow, especially after their lovely talk on the porch- but I guess they haven't actually said- hey, wanna be gf's again?

"There wasn’t anything to say after that, except more excited smiles and some well-earned giggles."

definitely well-earned, it's lovely to see them be giddy together- I love the Tara/ Dawn relationship so much

“What is ‘natural’?” Isis gestures with her hand rhetorically. “Osiris’ resurrection was no less natural than yours. Both of you had natural deaths, but so were your resurrections in the cosmic order of things. I have the power over fate itself, my child. My dear husband likes to forget it was I who found the pieces of him scattered across Egypt and put him back together again. In reuniting the fragments of him once more, you were able to be restored as well.”

wow yes! I LOVE this interpretation! of course it's not that simple- not even life and death. Question: if Tara was resurrected- or brought back fully- when the pieces of Osiris were pieced back together, did she only fully return when Buffy and Willow did that spell? or maybe when the three of them touched when Tara first arrived- they pulled her fully into the living world.

"Tara frowned in confusion, “So, I’m back on a technicality?” She couldn’t help but feel unsatisfied by the answer.
“No, of course not,” Isis scoffed, “I’m a god, I don’t bow to ‘technicalities’. My husband deals with Justice, which can be cold and hard. Life does enough of that on it’s own. Besides, what is ‘Just’ does not always mean it is fair. So I granted you your plea. Your death was not your choice; it so rarely is for humans. But your life, however, is what you choose it to be.”

Isis rocks. How refreshing to see a god who is just doing their thing and not obsessed with power (the cult thing) and yet knows their power and uses it well. She is so empowering for Tara and it is empowering what Tara is already- patient and wise and respectful- and Tara is granted what she wants yet hasn't asked for- I remember the part when Tara basically gives herself to Isis, not knowing the outcome trust is given freely- thank you for bringing this back.

And Tara so needs that warm motherly embrace. so sweet.

"She frowns, not knowing why she feels a little sad to have woken, but a feeling of a sublime peacefulness lingers."

this is such a truth- loss leaves us grieving, even if the time was wonderful

Tara is waking up to a Willow burrito 3

"She stands, wordlessly passes Tara, opens the fridge and hands her a cold bottle before heading back to her stool. Tara takes the seat next to her and fumbles with the lid for a moment before giving up and handing it back to Buffy, who pops the lid off effortlessly with a flick of her thumb."

There is such a familiar comfort in this exchange- these women know each other- i love it. Also, thank you for letting Tara have a beer. No matter how sweet someone is, sometimes we all just need a beer. (or a whiskey ymmv)

"Tara stops fiddling with the bottle and places it on the table, mulling the question. “I think forgiveness is a lot like love; it shouldn’t sit there like a stone.** But I don’t think it’s something we should carry, either. It’s too heavy; we have to put it down and let it go.”

Brave, wise Tara. Someone just gave me Lathe of Heaven- I cannot wait to read it!

"Buffy looks off into the distance. “That price you mentioned earlier? I think we’ve all paid it. It feels...done. I dunno why I know that, but I do. Slayer-Deep. Something else- something bigger- is most definitely going on, but this? This whole thing with you? It’s over, you’re home. For good.” Buffy raises her beer and Tara joins her as their bottles clink celebratorily. “And if not?” Buffy adds with a shrug while Tara is mid-swig, “I’ve killed gods before. One more won’t be hard.”

Tara’s surprised that the part of her that had tugged with such doubt and uncertainty is quiet. Without knowing why, Tara smells salt and ocean and finds herself believing Buffy with a steady sureness. It’s over. She takes Buffy’s hand in her own, and Tara is on firm ground***, exactly where she belongs."

Yep, they all pre-paid, no refunds. But its all starting to be worth it. Lovely, amazing work.
Missocki chapter 46 . 3/3/2020
Oh. My. Goodness.

Soooooooooooooo good. Love, loved, loved this update. This was so satisfying. Thank you!
Missocki chapter 45 . 1/28/2020
*exhales* What a relief. I was holding my breath for a while. ;)

That was amazing and makes so much sense. This is the 7th season we needed. Loved this update!
JustJane18 chapter 1 . 1/12/2020
I've been catching up on this story and wanted to let you know how much I'm enjoying it. Well written and interesting!
Missocki chapter 43 . 1/12/2020
Uuuuuuugggggghhhhh, noooooooooo

This is killing me!

Can’t wait for the next update! I hope it is soon!
Missocki chapter 42 . 12/31/2019
Argh, so good, yet so worrying.

I loved the Anya segment, and the scrappy gang. Too adorable. But dang, it is killing me watching this unravel. Great update though, and I did enjoy the look unto Xander’s mind as well. You really are so very good at conveying the gang’s personalities and motivations.

Also, HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Missocki chapter 41 . 12/11/2019
Love it! I really do appreciate the deep drive into motivations of everyone.
Missocki chapter 40 . 12/4/2019
*head explodes*
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Omg
Missocki chapter 39 . 11/21/2019
Great update, but he big meanie, giving me a cliff hanger!
I can’t wait to see what happens next, but my goodness do I love Willow’s realization of what their spell casting truly meant, squeal. I am cautiously optimistic that they will mend the bridge between them.
Missocki chapter 38 . 11/11/2019
Gods, this is the season 7 I have always wanted. Soooooo good.
Missocki chapter 37 . 11/1/2019
Oh wow. I really hope Willow is wrong about Tara’s time in the dead zone (idk what else to call it lol).

I am so curious about what happens next!
Missocki chapter 36 . 10/16/2019
I’m not crying, you are.

OMG. Soooooo good. I truly wish this how season 7 played out. EMOTIONAL GROWTH
Willow saying Tara is the sun so cute
Also, Tara said love, not loved. Squeal
Missocki chapter 35 . 10/4/2019
*Freaking out* IT’S HAPPENING WE HAVE BABY STEPS!
Missocki chapter 34 . 9/24/2019
Oh snap! It’s the scene from Conversations with Death People that they had originally planned. :$
Love it. I like that you had Tara have her own session as well. This is such a great story.
Missocki chapter 33 . 9/18/2019
Glad Buffy and Tara had that chat. It was needed to be sure. Sigh, poor Willow and Tara, so lost. Time will help I hope.
54 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »