Reviews for Power of the Pen: The Amateur Mendicant Society
Azolean chapter 5 . 7/24/2012
Again, I love the way you flip perspectives, styles, and so much more so fast in these that it is a wonderfully fresh way to enjoy a story. I applaud your creativity in these.
WelcomeToTheAsylum chapter 6 . 3/5/2010
Hey, I liked this story too, particularly Lord Rust. We all love TP.
Stutley Constable chapter 3 . 9/15/2009
No time to finish this now but I wish there was. Excelent job. I will be back for more.
Jennifer Wilson chapter 1 . 1/12/2009
Interesting, but could use a few more sparks. I forgot which story does this come from. I thought the hideout was a luxurious room in a warehouse?
Chewing Gum chapter 6 . 1/12/2009
Gah, you have no idea how much love I have for this format. It's almost Snicket-esque. There must be a topic to inspire you to write more! Perhaps a retirement fic? Events preceding Final Bow? An original idea!

Also, if I ever get the inspiration/motivation to do a short piece in this style, would you take me to court over it...?
AmatorLinguae chapter 5 . 1/11/2009
*happily drowns in fluff sea* Good fluff is very good indeed. And this was good. Though I shudder to think of just how Holmes might beat Watson's senses back into him!
KCS chapter 6 . 1/11/2009
*Pfftt*

Gee, you're a horrible person for having a life outside of the internet. *dies of shock*

Srsly.

I am glad to see this, though! Your writing is always snappily humorous with that healthy shot of fluff as well; my favorite recipe. :)

Maybe you could consider a drabble series? They're fairly short and easyish to write...*hint hint*...I know where you can find a few 100-prompt tables...*further hint and poke*...
KCS chapter 5 . 1/11/2009
"Watson, that will never happen to you, because I give you my word of honour that as long as I am alive I will always be there to talk you back to your senses, or beat them back into you if necessary. I anticipate requiring your company for my cases for a long time to come; I have no intention of losing you to such delusions anytime soon."

*SQUEE*

*dives into Sea of Fluffs*

WELCOME BACK! (for however long that is...) :D
Pompey chapter 2 . 9/22/2008
Heavens! A man with a limp and a cigarette case that says "JW"? If I didn't know better I might think Watson had something to do with this!
Volume-Of-A-book chapter 3 . 9/21/2008
Very interesting indeed! can't wait to see how it turns out. I love the different points of view in the diaries!
FoggyKnight chapter 3 . 9/19/2008
Lol...Holmes still has that tendency not to want to reveal anything about his deductions, even in his journal apparently...

"going down towards where the mud on his trousers dictates we should go..." can it get any more vague?
FoggyKnight chapter 2 . 9/19/2008
If it wasn't for the last note, I'd start to suspect Mycroft and Watson having a hand in this...though the identities of the other three, if that was the case, remain problematic...
Amelia McDermid chapter 3 . 9/19/2008
good so far, keep it up
KCS chapter 3 . 9/19/2008
Woot! I love this format - and such an intriguing business! If I weren't dead on my feet I'd be looking to try to solve it, but I'll be lazy and just wait for the next excellent chapter. :)
Velvet Green chapter 3 . 9/19/2008
Oh, I like this! Love the relationships between the Scotland Yarders, and Mycroft's involvement is fun - I'm interested in seeing what he's got to do with everything!