Reviews for Ghosts of Arbiter's Grounds
Makokam chapter 1 . 8/15/2013
Well this was interesting. I don't normally like things like the addition of the good ghosts, but for the sake of this story they were completely justified.
I very much liked Link and Midna's characterizations and reactions to everything.
The only real criticism I have would be to differentiate the flashback from the rest of the story somehow. Perhaps make it all itallic or something.

Very well done.

Makokam out.
smellofthewild chapter 1 . 7/11/2013
That last sentence was like twisting a knife in my heart.
Meavsy chapter 1 . 1/15/2013
It's been years since I played through this part, I don't even remember if I ever beat it before I lost my original copy. When I pick up the the game again I wont be able to think of anything other than this amazing little ficlet.

The reviewer before me was right, it does make make far too much sense.

Amazing story, I absolutely loved it.
Quill and Blade chapter 1 . 12/23/2012
...oh god...I remember reading this one-shot long ago, but could not find it again...but after that first reading, I found I could no longer go through the Arbiter's Grounds without feeling a bit sick, because it makes far too much sense...

And has anyone ever thought about what the name of the place means? "Arbiter's Grounds" - arbitrary - without rime or reason, unrestrained, a whim, random - and the arbitrary slaughter of the entire Gerudo race, for a crime they did not commit...
Guest chapter 1 . 10/14/2012
ahem HOLLY FUCKING GOD IN HEVAN THAT IS DARK NO IT FUCKING GRIMDARK
UltraScrub666 chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
Wonderful.
Twilight Okami chapter 1 . 4/18/2012
Well, that was quite an interesting concept based on the Arbiter Grounds. But your concept actually works. After all, the prison was built in the Gerudo Desert, and no one knows what happened to the Gerudo. Perhaps the Arbiter Grounds is a remodelled version of the Spirit Temple in OOT? Once again, you have a great depth in the Zelda series :D!
Insane. Certifiably chapter 1 . 10/17/2011
I have chills now. I will never be able to look at Arbiter's Grounds the same ever again.

Looking back through the story, I see the little clues you left throughout, like when the little girl told her sisters to go back to sleep. The little girl was just that last touch that made it all the more chilling and heart-wrenching.

This is the hidden side of Hyrule's history.

Beautifully done.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/15/2011
creepy when you listen to the music of the dungeon w/ it.
BlueHeavensAngel chapter 1 . 6/7/2011
Wow. What a chilling story. It seems like it could be a plausible situation too. Who know the bloody past of Hyrule. It's never explained in depth except for Ganon's past. Nice work.
DamionKenley117 chapter 1 . 2/15/2011
What a fascinatingly horrid idea. I almost wish they'd do a LoZ game that's this dark. Maybe even make Ganondorf out to NOT be the bad guy every time. I mean...what are the odds of the same Triforce piece ALWAYS going to the same guy?

Not to mention it would be a freaking HUGE surprise when people play it. After God only knows how many games with him as the villain.
Eternal Nocturne chapter 1 . 10/20/2010
Great story. I honestly don't think the Gerudo were killed here, though... Since a giant statue of the Goddess of the Sand/Desert Colossus was built into one of the rooms, and she was who the Gerudo worshiped.

But this was very, very well written! I loved the revelation at the end. Very creepy. :D
Imgonenowgoodbye12345 chapter 1 . 8/27/2010
Beautifully written, just beautiful. I think ff-net messed with formatting so you'll have to find some way to get breaks between sections back because it messed with the transitions, but, man...
Spiritual Stone chapter 1 . 8/16/2010
Holy CRAP that didn't occur to me at all.

This was awesome, and so very sad. (;_;)
TheGunSlinger82 chapter 1 . 8/10/2010
Arbiters grounds always made me feel kinda... Idk strange, it reminded me of sum of the old courthouses where ppl were hanged. Good story.