Reviews for Elegy for a Paragod
RACONNER chapter 1 . 9/11/2014
That was... well, powerful doesn't even begin to describe it. I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. I think that the world must be a much sadder place without him.
Oddly enough, I am listening to a song that seems to fit this story. It's called "What Makes You Cry?" By a young girl named Chloe Channell. IT's on Youtube. But I was, I am touched by this story. In fact, I cried as I read it.
I think God that I have never lost a partner in 25 years as a C.F.R., NREMT-B, EMD(911), and other positions. I'm not sure that I could have handled it.
But thank you for this one, MG. If you're as good a Paragod as you are a writer, then you have found your true calling. God Bless You.

Robert
Guest chapter 1 . 3/5/2013
I'm so sorry for your loss :(

*Sniff, sniff* You are really good at writing emotional stories. Please, write more...
Harmony Goldstar chapter 1 . 11/20/2012
Wow. I'm so sorry, I can't even begin to imagine your pain. This was a really good story, especially the poem. I hope writing about your friend helped!
Cutter12 chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
A beautiful tribute to your friend. I believe there is a very special place in heaven for the true heroes of this world. Pax
McKaySnark chapter 1 . 10/3/2010
This story literally had me in tears. I'm so sorry for your loss. I know it was a couple of years ago, but I'm sorry that you went through this. I too, live in southern KY - actually Clay County.

Thank you for sharing such a big part of yourself. This truly is beautiful. Thank you.
Showfan06 chapter 1 . 2/2/2009
Wow. I don't even know where to begin, but wow. Amazing work. I could really feel the emotions in this. That poem was beautiful. May your friend rest in peace.
Thaena chapter 1 . 10/31/2008
My paramedic friend told me that 50 rescue personal die each year, most on scene. We all agree that's 50 too many. Here in Indy we just lost a paramedic and a crime lab tech in an accident on the hwy as they were headed home from work. We all mourn together.
Debbie5 chapter 1 . 10/21/2008
This was a fine tribute to your friend. As I was reading it I thought of the tribute Third Shift gave to one of their firefighter/paramedics in NYC. The fire boats using their hoses arced water high above the harbor in front of the Statue of Liberty.

Grief goes through many stages and many different forms. I hope you shared the poem with your fellow paramedics - it may help them grieve better, too.
skyefire chapter 1 . 9/20/2008
that was a very good tribute you wrote for your friend.
Rooster13 chapter 1 . 9/20/2008
How beautiful and sad. I'm sure if the boys could talk to you they would tell you to use them as your voice and release any time.
ShadoeMedic chapter 1 . 9/20/2008
OK, I am sobbing right now as well. I remember when we lost 2 firefighters in a fire. It was one of the hardest things I've ever had to go thru. They were friends of mine. I hope this helped you get thru losing Chris.

Be well lady,