Reviews for Midnight of the Heart
Sunder the Gold chapter 2 . 9/23/2008
Ah-HAHA! Superfast mammal shapeshift! She really is a Yuuno/Fate crossblend! *wipes tear from eye* Oh, that was genius.

Anyway, permit me to laugh in vindication, because I totally called it. I'm especially happy, because this is my most prefered possible resolution of the Ship Tease. I'm just glad the writers paired up Chrono and Amy, because otherwise... But Nanoha was just friendly with Chrono, anyway - it was Yuuno she bonded with, and Fate she sought out.

Before this fic, I had also noticed how Vivio blends the appearances of Nanoha's two busom buddies. Her hair is even a medium between their two different shades of blonde, neither so dark as Yuuno's or so golden as Fate's. This is physical proof it would be a crying shame if Nanoha had to go without either of her loves.

Though, you leave me a little cold with the "don't kiss ferrets/boy ferrets" exchange. I'd prefer some sign of hope that the two will learn to love each other, but I guess however much they already respect and like each other, the idea (and feelings) will have to take time. Hell, it certainly didn’t occur to any of the three of them for several years.

But with them as an example, will the idea appeal to Caro, Erio, and Lutecia?

I admit, perhaps because I'd originally favored Yuunoha, I never saw Fate/Nano as _Yuuno's_ reason for virtual disappearing before (the writers, yes, but not Yuuno), and it makes perfect sense in retrospect. (There were other reasons, of course, like how he didn't have parental consent to enlist at age 9 like they did -– he didn’t even have permission to join the library.)

Does this mean he'll finally enlist and _get a Device_, so that he can take to the field with his... wives (and eventually his daughter) when they get assigned to dangerous missions? Please say it's so. Rings like Shamal's would be perfect –- ring form for standard, pendulum form assists his scrying magic by dousing, full drive is a gauntlet... (Yes, I've thought about this before.)

However, come on. When she asked "How did you find me?" he had the PERFECT comeback line and you didn't use it: "I'm a _Scryer_. It's my _name_."

As for honorifics... Nanoha, being Japanese, of course uses suffixes for everyone, since it's part of her heritage. But Fate and Yuuno are Mid-Childian, and I don't think they use honorifics, just as their names aren't Japanese at all (Yuuno the Euno car). Fate never uses one with Nanoha -– Yuuno might have used "Nanoha-san" a few times, but I think he either stopped on his own or she told him to. I don’t think they’d use another culture's honorifics for each other unless they picked up Nanoha's habits. Though only after some time after something like this would Yuuno ever refer to Fate with "-chan."

I’ll send an e-mail pointing out grammatical errors. Later. I really should be writing my essay-
ToumaSan chapter 2 . 9/23/2008
O_O Holy...three parents and I personally don't like Yuuno in any relationship between Nanoha and Fate but it's nice change (I guess...). XDD Vivio fails Sonic Form and she has 3 parents!Nanoha really has to pick though...And it's complete! T_T Well I'll leave that to you I'm just a bit confused about Nanoha's for keeping to your schedule and I guess write more NanoFate fics?
RadiantBeam chapter 2 . 9/23/2008

Fate/Nanoha/Yuuno?

COUNT ME IN, BABY!

Seriously, if the series didn't go one way those three were bound to end up together at some point. And from reading this chapter, especially the Yuuno/Fate interaction, I do think the two of them are capable of making it work. Of course, whether or not they do all depends on you, doesn't it?

...

Still, that's a pretty sweet looking family Vivio's got right now. Two mamas and a papa.

And Vivio as a hedgehog? This I've GOT to see. Maybe she should try changing into a ferret...

Update soon, please!
Kode Dekka chapter 2 . 9/23/2008
so far awesome and Nanoha harem? (Ok maybe I should lay off the school days for a bit XD)
SpicyTofu chapter 2 . 9/23/2008
of all the...POLYGAMY? I...I...dont know whether to laugh or cry at this point. I did not see that one coming. you've eaten my soul... .
SpicyTofu chapter 1 . 9/22/2008
damn...you have no idea how much I've been waiting for some Fate-Nanoha-Yuuno angst!

Ahh, no I'm dying cause I really wanna know what happens.I really didn't see the, "call Yuuno's name" coming, dang it! ANGST Masterfully written btw, I'll be biting my nails to the nub until you update xd!
Sunder the Gold chapter 1 . 9/21/2008
...Oh, is that all it was, Fate?

She assumes she's second in Nanoha's heart, but was she? It probably never occurred to her that Nanoha might be calling out for Yuuno because he wasn't there with the TWO of them. Why call out for Fate when Fate isn't the one missing from the bed?

Now, if Nanoha had a habit of crying out Yuuno's name in a moment of passion, then it would be a different story. But I rather suspect that she has occassionally had a habit of the opposite in her time with Yuuno.

I wonder how big the pink blast of doom will have to be to clear things up this time? And will there be a need for green chains?, because I've missed Yuuno's presence on the battlefield.

Anyway, I'm delighted to see you contributing to this fandom as well, Dezo. And I encourage my fellow readers to check out Dezo's other works - especially his GrimGrimoire fics, if girl/girl is what your particular draw.
RadiantBeam chapter 1 . 9/21/2008
I've got to put you on my Favorites list. To date, I'm falling madly in love with everything you write for the fandoms I like.

On that note, you just keep breaking my heart, don't you? I liked Yuuno/Nanoha AND Fate/Nanoha, to be honest, but in the end NanoFate won out... and I hate to see them both hurting as much as they obviously are. But I have faith in you! Even if right now everything is really heartbreaking to read, I still believe you can turn it around!

...

... You CAN turn it around, right? Please?

I'll keep an eye out for KnS, too. And this is going on my Favorites. .~

Update soon!
deymian chapter 1 . 9/21/2008
PLS DONT MAKE THIS A ONESHOT! i beg of you!

it has a good plot and i will be waiting patiently for the next chapter...that means ill sit in a corner and wait for your update while rocking back and forth...

Im kidding ;D... but please update:P
martinskii chapter 1 . 9/21/2008
-Ouch-. That ending was -harsh-. This isn't a one-shot right? There's more...RIGHT? D:
Arendellez chapter 1 . 9/20/2008
First of all welcome to Nanoha fanfic world!

We have a few angst writers.

This is a good start and I can't wait the next chapter!

Kudos to you!
Kode Dekka chapter 1 . 9/20/2008
that was epic keep it up.
ToumaSan chapter 1 . 9/20/2008
I love this fic...I also love your KnM fic. Keep going! I need to know what happens! T-T I'll give you a cookie if ya update? XD
NanoFate.us chapter 1 . 9/20/2008
I was reluctantly to reading this fic since you added “some yuunoha” in the description, but I gave it I try since it was NanoFate and I like angst if it finally come out to a good final.

I don’t know if I’m rejecting reading this first chapter, it’s very well written and it’s good to have an author like you around here, so congratulations for achieving something this good in your first try in Nanoha’s section. But the “Yuuno-papa” thing and the last quote about Nanoha calling Yuuno’s name just broke my heart. Does it mean that Nanoha doesn’t really love her Fate-chan? ;_; I hope I’m wrong, and I hope that somehow you can bring us a good end to Nanoha and Fate. Our favorite blonde is suffering too much, I don’t think I would able to stand a bad end for them considering that this chapter already broke my heart ;_;… but don’t misunderstand me, I love angst, but when it comes to NanoFate I don’t like bad end too much, or at least I don’t like them when it’s something like “I love someone else”, especially when it comes to this genre… So I wonder if it should be better if I stop reading this fic now…?

Stupid Fate.

Stupid Nanoha.

Stupid Souma.

You shouldn’t have ended this chapter in this part… update soon please ;_;

Cuídate y sigue sonriendo )
Arkeus chapter 1 . 9/20/2008
Duh!

Leftovers from Yuuno the ferret?
31 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »