Reviews for You Can't Spell Slaughter Without Laughter
Isabella95 chapter 36 . 8/21
Wow! This story was incredible, you truely impress me. I think this story has actuallu helped me understand Harley a bit better too, even though she's not here in the story.
I look froward to reading the sequel :) ...starting right now!
Bone App the Teeth chapter 35 . 4/18
I don't know how anyone could have hated on this, the Joker was on point so much, and I loved the development of the relationship and how you explored the plot. AuGh it was so good! Just everything! You make me want to write a story! But now- to the sequel!
I swear all your OC does is cry.
Daisy chapter 32 . 2/12
Great chapter and story so far and your author's note at the end was enlightening and interesting to read. I am not a writer so my reviews don't always offer constructive criticism. I just know when I like a story that I consider well written and captivating. Yours fits that criteria, in my opinion. Now I'm off to finish the story!
Anna10473 chapter 5 . 2/7
Ooh! I love this story! So she has been transported to Gotham somehow? Your story is so original and engrossing and I am glad I found it through another author's favorite stories post. I can't believe I somehow missed this! I also like that your story is finished and that there is a sequel to look forward to! I hope you're still writing!
Anna10473 chapter 1 . 2/6
I just started reading your story and it's really unique and interesting. Can't wait to read more!
thexredxrose chapter 36 . 1/22
Easily the best Joker fanfic I have ever read. You are amazing! I have so much admiration for your commitment, that you kept with your story for so long and saw it through...more than I have ever done!

I love how accurately you wrote his character. You kept him remorseless...never sentimental about Jess, or anything else.

Great work. I would read this again :)
zare.downey.okumura chapter 15 . 10/18/2015
This is too much, omg that "does this mean we're friends" kiss was AH i love it, it's so amazing. Can she just admit she likes him already and give in. I mean I know that the Joker in this point is only lustful and interested but I need her to give in to him already hahah
fearofpainteddevils chapter 35 . 7/17/2015
I waited until I finished this story to leave a review:

I am blown away! This is such an amazing story by an even more amazing author. I enjoyed reading every single chapter. I really liked Jess's character. You wrote her exceptionally well. I liked her more and more through every chapter. She did have quite a big mouth on her though, never really knowing when to keep her mouth shut but she learned over time, well not completely. She's always so confident to speak her mind. It made me like her immediately. She reminded me of myself actually :D I know that some people kept telling you that she seemed Mary Sue-ish and kept asking why she kept crying so much. I think that made so her much more real and human.

Your portrayal of the Joker was phenomenal and spot on! I tip my hat to you my good lady! He's such a ruthless character and the way you wrote him was so good. He can be cruel but I never really imagined him to be a caring and affectionate person. You brought that side out of him every now and then which was nice. It seemed Jess was the only person he could let mask down with which I thought was quite sweet. Even though he was so possessive over her and told her he owns her - because Joker ALWAYS gets what Joker wants - it was nice to see another side to him. I also thoroughly enjoyed the romance blossoming between Joker and Jess. She started off hating him but further on she began to see everything from his perspective. The only thing that annoyed me a bit were her endless questions. It was always "why, why why?". I always thought that the Joker never had any reasons for what he did, because heck, he's the Joker and he does whatever he wants but this story made me realize that it was always Gotham. Gotham, Gotham, Gotham. He wanted to exploit the city for all it was worth to show its true colors. He had such a need to hold the city in his hand and watch it destroy itself.

Don't even get me started on the rest of the Lucky 20. I fell in love with every single one of them. They each had SUCH character to them. My personal favorites were Blake, Jackson, Laurence, Keith, Drew, Josh, Austin and Billy. I liked Austin and Billy until they turned into jerks I loved everyone else. You wrote in one of the chapters that you had the back stories for all of the Lucky 20. I am very interested in finding those out. Also, do you have the descriptions of all the Lucky 20? I want to know what each one looks like :) Send me a PM please.

Huge props to you for this brilliant story. I was happy to find out there was a sequel to this and have started reading it. I will leave a review for the chapters already written asap! You are a very talented writer.

abbeypop chapter 16 . 5/21/2015
This chapter was gold. High Jess is my new sprit animal, I loved it!
abbeypop chapter 11 . 5/21/2015
Gahhhh your story actually makes me squeal! I love it! Good work and I loveeeeeee how the Joker is speaking French that's fucking cool it fits him so well, I love how you put your own twist on him. I'm starting to fall in love with this story!
Aint It Fun chapter 35 . 5/1/2015

I've been waiting until I finished the entire story to review and now I'm just at a loss for words. BRAVO TO seriously...I wish I could tell you how many Joker stories I read through, abandoning most of them, before I found yours. And I am so glad I did. So so glad! Up until this, every story I tried was the same. A girl gets kidnapped by the Joker. He beats her up a little, but then they fall in love and suddenly he's a normal person. Which always made me so mad because it's the Joker! The most infamous villain in the DC world. He doesn't buy flowers for girls or write poetry or take them out on fancy dates.

Yours was not cliche. It was as realistic as it could be for the type of world the Joker exists in. I found Jess's actions believable, especially her slow change from resentment towards the Joker to a twisted, unhealthy sort of passion and eventually love. You also did a fantastic job of keeping the Joker in character. Every step of the way, he acted the way I expected him to but he still surprised me with how unpredictable he was, if that makes sense.

Your writing in general was amazing. Very fluid and poetic at many parts.

I don't know if you get on here often or are still writing, but I wanted to let you know what a fantastic story this was. I know there is an unfinished sequel that I'll be moving on to, just to get my Jesster/Joker fix while I still can. Hope you're out there still writing, whether it's Joker related or not! You're very talented!
andersonbt92 chapter 36 . 12/8/2014
I finished your FanFiction yesterday and I absolutely loved it! Thank you for writing such an enjoyable piece! I thought that the idea was creative and interesting! I also loved the dynamic between Jess and the Joker, Bravo! I am excited to read the sequel, though looking at the reviews I am worried that it has been abandoned :(
andersonbt92 chapter 9 . 12/7/2014
I'll give your theatre references a stab (haha, pun):
Donkey Mask- Midsummer Night's Dream
Noose - Phantom of the Opera (This is the only one I could think of, it might not be right)
Razors - Sweeney Todd

Were there any ones I missed?

Also, I just realized that Jess and all the other goons totally know the secret identity of Batman. She knows that Harvey will turn into Two-Face, so why wouldn't she know that Bruce Wayne is Batman! Wouldn't that throw quite the wrench in the plot if they spilled the beans!
andersonbt92 chapter 1 . 12/7/2014
Ohh my! This is awesome! I think that this is the best intro to a fanfiction I have read in a long time, maybe ever! I have to say, I am very excited to see where this goes, it seems like you have created a very original story! I never review on the first chapter, I usually wait to gush at the end. However, your intro is worthy of separate praise! I enjoyed the disjointed meter, if you were attempting to write free-flowing thoughts, the message was well received! Thank you for writing and taking the time to share this with us! :)