Reviews for Hidden Candy
Masato Nakajima chapter 20 . 11/7/2013
Guess you've moved on, since it's been almost exactly four years since your last update, not sure if you will receive this, but what the heck.
It wasn't until recently that I started watching Lucky Star, due to the enormous amount of anime out there, I read your story in two sittings, and think it is absolutely beautiful, you are a very talented writer.
If you take away the the anime base, all it would need is character backgrounds and it could stand on its own as a wonderful short story for anyone who likes yuri but doesn't watch anime.
Another thing I love is how you brought this story to life, it felt like this was actually happening, for example I was mad at how sneaky Yui san, and literally cheered when Sojiro san confessed to taking the batteries out of her tape recorder but hiding his real motive for doing it.
But the ending broke my heart, I like to think that true love can overcome all obstacles, and use my own imagination to finish the story, something like Sojiro san was saving the money from Kanatas life insurance for something special for Konata, like a three month trip abroad after graduation, and upon returning with a fresh outlook and a steely resolve to prove to Nanako that they are meant to be together forever.
Nanako relents when she sees that although Konata has grown emotionally (not physically, she will always be the petite flat chested girl come woman) and wiser from her trip she will always be the little otaku that she fell in love with, Konata moves in with her former sensei now lover attends college graduates first in her class thanks to the tutelage and desire to make Nanako happy and proud, and becomes a famous anime writer using the name Kanata Izumi to honor her mother.
Because of Nanakos love of teaching Konata pays for and encourages Nanako to get her doctorate so she can have any teaching job she wants.
I know its crap compared to your story but I couldn't help myself. :D
I hope with your talent that you've become a published writer.
Dawn over a Lilly chapter 20 . 12/22/2012
Stoping with one chapter to go!

But to be honest even though you said that there would be one more chapter and stopped on the 20 it felt like a ending to me.

Over all beautiful story, truly and honestly.
Dragxon chapter 7 . 8/2/2012
at tsukasa's "dark fantasy" i laughed for 4 minutes and 36 seconds straight... yeah someone actually timed it :\
Dragxon chapter 4 . 8/2/2012
i laughed so hard and so much at this chapter that i 1. fell off my chair 2. my "mom" thought i was having a seizure 3. got weird looks all day. you are awesome
Dragxon chapter 3 . 8/2/2012
at the end of this chapter all i could think was "YES YES YES!" dude you are an awesome writer
Cunning Linguist chapter 20 . 4/30/2012
Ah, but why is it always the good stories that wind up languishing for years! We can only hope you return some day.
PinaPoe chapter 20 . 2/17/2012
Ack... I really really wish you had finished this. This story is awesome.
Naruhodou Wright MEGA LM chapter 1 . 2/26/2011
Is Teh first time than i read a Kuroi x Konata FF, and should say, i love it!

I hope than i can read complete the story ºwº
Aki chapter 20 . 2/9/2011
Excellent! More please!
Shigure Haven chapter 20 . 1/9/2011
Incredibly tragic. You almost have me in tears, man.

But, it's also partly because it's so well written. You have a few spelling and grammar errors here and there, but nothing too huge. You also know how to stir emotion up in the reader, which is great.

But hey, don't leave this story unfinished! I'm expecting one more chapter, like you said. Please update soon.
truemasterhaseo chapter 20 . 6/23/2010
Extremely well written.

Absolutely horrible ending.
funvince chapter 20 . 4/11/2010
I hope to find out how this ends one day. I personally think there's a lot of unnecessary drama here. It's not like Konata and Kuroi are married. If in the future the two drift apart or Konata becomes a different person or whatever then they can break up. But I suppose relationships are messy and illogical and Kuroi can't help feel liking she does.

I wonder if Yui will feel like it's her fault when the two break up. I'm hoping for a happy ending but I'm sure the ending will be good to read either way.
funvince chapter 19 . 4/11/2010
Hmm, Kuroi's concern makes sense but I would like to point out that many people stay with their first loves for life and probably don't feel like they're being deprived of something. But I can see how Kuroi would think otherwise.

This chapter made me understand Yui better. It makes sense that she's going to all this trouble for her own peace of mind and having a bit of insurance. It was also good to see that she was feeling conflicted over this and that she doesn't seriously think that Kuroi's some kind of predator.

I especially enjoyed the talks between Kuroi and Yui. They acted like adults and friends who don't approve of what the other's doing but aren't going to let a disagreement ruin their friendship. I respected Yui for confronting Kuroi first and not just running off to the nearest police station.
funvince chapter 18 . 4/11/2010
I honestly don't understand Yui's problem with this. It can't just be the age gap. My parents are 10 years apart in age and while I understand that a difference between a 40 and 30 is somewhat different than a gap between a 28 and an 18, I don't see how that is a *legal* problem.

Is it the student-teacher thing? I mean, I can see how Yui would be concerned about how a teacher would be less reluctant to date students in the future, possibly ones who aren't 18 years old, because of her relationship with Konata but Kuroi hasn't done anything like that yet and the police can't act based what a person might do at some point in the distant future.

I get that Yui's just looking out for Konata but it's hard for me to sympathize when I don't get the motivation. Maybe it's a cultural thing, but if Konata's own father is fine with it then I don't see how it's any of Yui's business. Her approval is irrelevant unless there is some actual illegality that's not going to disappear by graduation anyway.

I must say that your story is really gripping if it makes me so emotional about the relationship of fictional characters. Good job!
funvince chapter 6 . 4/10/2010
I was a bit wary about reading about a Konata-Kuroi relationship because I could see how someone would just think here are two immature otaku so let's just throw them together! But I'm glad I decided to read this story because you're handling this teacher-student relationship in a gradual and realistic fashion. Even if they're both adults, there will inevitably be conflicts created by the age gap and life experiences and it's good that you're not shying away from those.

What I really like is that all of the important people in Konata's life has discovered the secret. Having them run around lying and hiding things would make it seem like they were doing something wrong. And it's much more interesting to see how friends and family would react to this unorthodox relationship. So far I think you have all the reactions down perfectly. Of course Miyuki and Kagami would have concerns as they are the practical ones in the group but they also have enough loyalty and trust to let Konata make her own decisions.