Reviews for Need Another Try
ryddlemenyx chapter 47 . 11/26/2011
This is probably one of my favorite stories on ff. I've reread it an insane amount of times and it is just as good every time.
Ashes2Dust18 chapter 47 . 2/7/2011
Huge fan of this story! Ive read it many many times( took the liberty of printing it)and honestly, its good enough to be published. keep up the awesome work!
Merciless Princess chapter 47 . 2/3/2011
I just had to review this story. I love it, I really do, and it's not your typical 'happily ever after' ending, which makes it even better. Finally, it's the best Women of the Otherworld fic I've read.
Hope Shalott chapter 47 . 7/24/2010
Okay, so I finally got round to reading the rest.

This story has been a joy to follow. You should be proud of yourself for making such a great tribute to Kelley's work. You've remained true to her characters, carefully developed the minor characters and crafted a whole set of new characters to support them and compliment them.

I've spent a while wondering just what it is about this story that I love and I fvinally understand. It's authentic. It feels like a true part of Kelley's world while never once undermining anything she's created or written.

The storyline is truly sublime and well thoughtout and the relationships between the characters, and not just Gillian and Bryce but Bryce and Savannah, Bryce and Thomas etc, are so developed that it feels so realistic.

This is a great, intelligent piece. It's just a shame that all your hard work hasn't been rewarded with more reviews but I have a feeling that may be less of a consideration to you than the joy of exploring this world.

You really seem to be *that* kind of author.

Well Done and thank you for sharing this. I really hope you write more concerning the characters of The Otherworld.
Hope Shalott chapter 38 . 5/7/2010
Am I wrong for actually kinda liking Thomas Nast? I dunno if it's because he's...consistent in his utter hatred, lol but these little moments where you see a weary old man instead of evil old boot are kind of endearing.

Plus, my Grant love in now cemented. True...fact.

Awesome. As usual.
Hope Shalott chapter 37 . 5/7/2010
Oh, I had to allow myself a moment of glee when Jeremy and Jaime made an appearence.

And Grant...I don;t know why it's took me this chapter to realise how plain awesome Grant is (maybe he was being overshadowed by Bryce, hee) Anyway, really good job on creating a character that feels so...authentic to this world.
Hope Shalott chapter 36 . 5/7/2010
God, I just adore Sean. I really do. Even in the books, he's one of my favourites.

He just the kind of character that you want to give a big hug too.

Anyway, that converstation between Gillian and her mother was long overdue and why do I feel like nothing has been resolved? Great touch and very realistic. You could almost feel Gillian's hope that this might finally resolve things between them and her disappointment when it wasn't that easy.

I love the little human touches like that.
lightbulbsms chapter 35 . 4/9/2010
So after putting it off for so long, I finally sat down and read this story and I was surprised. All I can saw is awesome work and keep it coming :D
Hope Shalott chapter 34 . 4/4/2010
I can't write an indepth review (I'm on a shared comp and have limited time) but this is mainly just to let you know that I'm still reading and loving this story.

Thanks for the updates. It was a real treat logging on and seeing so many new chapters. I'll review each chapter properly when I'm up and running on my own comp, which hopefully should be soon, but until then, keep up the great work.

x
Hope Shalott chapter 29 . 3/16/2010
Well, I'm a little late to this one (I've been offline for a while) but this was a nice treat to come back to.

I love, love, love Bryce. You've created such a wonderful character that if Kelley wrote a story about him tomorrow, I would compare her version to yours (and be very disappointed if he didn't live up to it)

Honestly, I don't know how you manage to take a such a mnor character, or not even a character at all but just a shell, and create such a relatable, real guy out of it.

The same goes for Gillian. Both are entirely unique yet the background is so solid that it still feels like part of Kelley's world.

I don't have any concrit or suggestions of how you can improve this. All I can say is keep working to this high standard and I'll keep raving about this story.

Absolutely wonderful chapter.
Hope Shalott chapter 28 . 2/2/2010
And just when I was beginning to believe it couldn't get any better. Love the descriptions of the portals and Kane's domain, and I liked the little part about Adele in the last chapter. It's little things like that which make this story feel like legit part of the series.

Can't wait to see how the meeting goes. You've got me on the edge. I'm dying to find out what's going on with these demons.

Excellent updates :-D
Hope Shalott chapter 26 . 1/28/2010
Awesome!

You do a really great job of introducing many different plot points while keeping them coherent and easy to follow. This was a real treat seeing how many chapters you updated in such a short time and I can't wait for the next lot. This is fast becoming my favourite story of yours. It has such rich characterisation and the plot is really interesting.

Look forward to seeing more :-D
Leiaaa chapter 1 . 1/27/2010
I read Bitten around this time last year, and not long afterward I discovered you were writing a Kelley Armstrong story. So, of course I was psyched, but there was a problem-I was only familiar with the wolf pack at that point.

Anyway, just last week I finished reading Frostbitten, the 10th book in the Women of the Other World series. So yeah, now I'm caught up and I can finally start reading this and know what is going on (because when I started reading the first chapter of this story-last year-I was like, 'What the crap? Who are these witches?').

I love that you're writing about the witches. Savannah and Paige are two of my favorite characters from the series-particularly Savannah. I also like Eve.

Tangent: And I'd just like to add that my least favorite character is Hope Adams (a half-demon? Who gets sexually aroused by chaos? What a nice, convenient, completely useful-not awkward-power to have. She definitely deserved to play an important part in TWO whole books. And those books? Totally aren't tedious reads. At all.), and her overly-protective beau, Carl, is my second least favorite character in the series. I know you didn't ask. I'm just saying.

Moving on...

I love that you're writing about Gillian MacArthur but featuring Savannah and Paige. Nice. Love it. Love this first chapter. Love that you write. Because, seriously, I'm running out of stuff to read. And January 2010? Worst month for book releases. Worst. Month.

Oh, and February's not looking very promising either.

So yeah, thanks for writing. Thanks for posting stories here at .
Hope Shalott chapter 23 . 1/21/2010
Oh, I need to know what happens next.

I kinda picked up on something in one of the earlier chapters and wondered of you might be heading somewhere with it. Don't wanna spoil it but you might know what I mean if I say 'magic milk?' ;-)

Loved the reactions at the table and Thomas's triade. And the little bit with Paige was a nice touch.

But anyway, I'm hooked on this and I've been dying for this update. I'm so glad to see that you're continuing this story :-D
Hope Shalott chapter 21 . 5/3/2009
Okay. I've just read this from beginning to end and I was completely hooked throughout.

The way you've set up a realistic story with enough twists and turns to keep it interesting just reminds me so much of the way Kelley writes. You have the same natural pace and rythmn that she does and since I think she's one of the most gifted writers...ever, I really hope you'll take that as a compliment.

Gillian is flawed enough to keep her interesting. I laugh at her, cringe at her and get irritated when she blames herself for things that aren't her fault but that's the beauty of the character. Her reactions are entirely believable.

And Bryce sounds like a major league hottie. I'm sure you had a lot of fun writing his character;-)

Can't wait to see what happens next. (sorry for the essay length review)