Reviews for Baptism
Guest chapter 11 . 12/27/2013
It's Admiral ZHAO, and your story can be very dialogue heavy in places that sort of ruins the chapter, you need more scenery rather than a giant chunk of dialogue then ending with: chuckled Iroh, for example.
MoonDarkWolf chapter 1 . 9/14/2013
Oh my goodness, that was amazing! I was totally stunned when Katara wasthe bad guy, but wow. She is ruthless. I never thought I would say this, but I actually felt bad for Azula for a little while there. A little while. Amazing!
Tenages chapter 32 . 1/19/2012
"Huh. Okay. So.

I read this. And. The beginning was amazing. Seriously amazing. Great, nearly heartbreaking. Love the description and the immediateness of it all. Wonderful.

But, as it went on, and on, and on, the Katara/Azula/Ursa fight seemed to become stranger and stranger. Previous injuries seemed to be forgotten (Katara's injured eye? Azula's burns from Ursa's initial attack? The lightning strike on Ursa?) and over and over there seemed to be a 'this is my ultimate attack!' sort of thing, that kept being overtopped. It was intense and the writing is excellent, but it becomes repetitive, and I started to lose my suspension of disbelief."

SO MUCH THIS. This reviewer is absolutely right. In the beginning it was a great story. Than you went off the this Ursa tangent and it completely took over the story. And it became, quite frankly, shit. It dragged on and on, and on with no end. The flashbacks, rather than revealing motivations were just drawn out and irritating. The fight was just completely ludicrous. It wasn't epic, or amazing. It was overly drawn out ridiculously over the top and melodramatic, and just plain bad. Not to mention the idea that Ursa has that much power, is, quite honestly, fucking stupid. You said it yourself "Ursa took over the story accidentally." I don't know how you justified it "the characters writing themselves" or the "story directing itself", but to be frank all of those are cheap and easy bullshit copouts for what was extremely shitty plotting and writing.

You started out with a brilliant idea and well written story. You then utterly destroyed it more effectively than an atom bomb could have.
ElDragonRojoX chapter 32 . 9/29/2011
i have only one thing to say WOOOW
TwistedJabberjays chapter 32 . 6/14/2011
Hm, the rate of Azula's recovery is a little unbelievable...but you're an amazing author! Keep it up.

TwistedJabberjays chapter 19 . 6/13/2011
Ouch...

TwistedJabberjays chapter 12 . 6/13/2011
Whoa...I did NOT see that coming.

Great fic!

Turkey in a suit chapter 25 . 2/5/2011
Any ending which favours Azula
Turkey in a suit chapter 32 . 2/5/2011
Awww, please don't kill Azula. I'm not sure why but she

is my favorite character.
Necrovore chapter 32 . 1/1/2011
Never read a story quite like this before, I look forward to reading future chapters.
Shadow Wasserson chapter 32 . 12/12/2010
Huh. Okay. So.

Other notes:

I think your view on Ursa is different and refreshing. All too often she is portrayed as kind of an ultimate good, which is clearly untrue. HOWEVER! I think she might be a little too 'ultimate evil!' near the end here. It seems off, for her. And how is it that she can ignore pain?

Loved the bit with Aang being a spirit, and the discussions of what a soul is. Very nice. I'd like to see more of that.

The extended, multi-chapter flashback was a bit hard to believe. Was Azula really that insightful and sophisticated in language at age 5?

I love your Iroh, and his interaction with Ursa. Will we get to see how he died?

Also, this may be just my taste, but the talk of 'hell' that is pervading the most recent chapters seems a bit off in an asian-mythology world.

What the heck happened to Ty Lee and Mai and Zuko?
anon chapter 32 . 11/20/2010
Please update soon.
Pokethat chapter 32 . 8/19/2010
One word: Uber

Nice job, I hope you update soon, I cant wait to see how this turns out!
Kiihau chapter 32 . 8/9/2010
I like this fic, I really do. It's just that 20 chapters in I've got to ask myself, why are we on the SAME scene? I mean that's kind ridiculous. And like that you made Ursa different from her usual portrayal, but she's kinda crazy-powerful (that's the point I suppose) and I really do think if she had WHITE fire she would've used from the get go. After all,, she is suicidal. I think your world-building of the customs and rituals of everything is fantastic though. I just think the fight has gone on too long now, and Azula and Katara would have seriously have died or be rendered unable to fight by the severity of injuries by now.
Ann chapter 32 . 5/11/2010
So, how many more chapters are there before Azula gathers enough spirit energy for a Kamehameha, and Katara gathers the last of the Dragonballs to make her wish? Because that's what this story has turned into - the same overly long, way-too-drawn out battles that I'd expect in something like Dragonball Z. I'm not even reading all of it anymore - I wait until you've updated 3 or 4 chapters, and skip to the end one immediately, only to see the fight's barely progressed from the last chapter I've read. Please, for the love of whatever diety you like, GET ON WITH IT. Have someone win the fight, PLEASE. I don't even care who wins at this point!