Reviews for The Choice
bermellon chapter 1 . 7/5/2013
wow! Wow! Wow!
The Cybertonium Warrior chapter 1 . 5/15/2013
I'm freakin' crying now. What is it with your stories and me crying?
ThatOneFan chapter 1 . 5/23/2010
Wow, this was a in-depth show of Thunders' reluctance to fight, and why all the 'Cons are so battle hungry.

I wonder how the other members of the Trine react to TC's Journal, maybe at some point a sequel could be made for this? You have it set up and it would make an interesting read.
Archaeopteryx Feather chapter 1 . 10/13/2009
This story really gave my emotions a workout. :) I could feel with Thundercracker's tension and fear, and I felt as if I too was surrounded by darkness and evil. (shudder) I think what does it is your great descriptions of body language and how Thundercracker hides his feelings and pretends to fit in-it dramatizes the stark contrast between his perspective and everybody else's. I thought the collar and leash metaphor worked very nicely too. I felt a genuine sense of relief when Thundercracker escaped, and I liked his realization that in order to not have to be a war machine, all he had to do was to stop making war.

So, some constructive criticism... There were just too many poetic expressions in the first two paragraphs. You've got "the madness that swallowed them whole and cursed them to the fiery Pits of the Unmaker" and "the damning madness of the chaos of war and let it darken their sparks blacker than the empty abyss beyond the Quasars." There are these long chains of metaphors and poetic expressions, and while they're fine expressions on their own, if used one after the other after the other they begin to sound a bit flowery. You also use the words "madness" and variations of the word "fall" three times each in these two paragraphs, which is too much. Try to get some variety in there. :)

As for the characterization, I thought Thundercracker and Skywarp were done well. :) Starscream needs some work though I think; he's not shown to be very emotionally attached to his wingmates in the cartoon. (He frames and blackmails Thundercracker ("You putrid traitor!"), he threatens Skywarp in order to gain access to the spacebridge, he fights with Skywarp.) I just can't see him being so earnestly friendly with TC. I also don't think that Rumble would have been so mouthy towards Starscream; his insult seemed sort of forced...like he had to do it just so that Starscream could be shown to be brutal. It didn't quite seem natural somehow.

Last thing-the descriptions of the internal organs kinda drew me out of the story and made me think "Bleh." Maybe better up the rating to M?

Well, I enjoyed your story. :) Maybe someday you'll write a sequel about Starscream and Skywarp?
chaitea16 chapter 1 . 8/19/2009
You have got to read the comic All Hail Megatron.
Shizuka Taiyou chapter 1 . 8/1/2009
Interesting. I don't read that many Con fics unless they're in the fic that had a Bot as a main character or is a part main character.

C.D.
tomorrow4eva chapter 1 . 1/25/2009
Really nice! I very much enjoyed that story. I felt the flow of emotion and action followed on naturally. Very true: to stop being a war-machine, not being at war is a good first step.
Meirelle chapter 1 . 9/29/2008
This was excellent. I liked your characterizations. And I cried through half of it, but I think that's because I have PMS. But anyways- yeah. I liked it. It was awesome. :)
Deezaster chapter 1 . 9/24/2008
Epic! Sorry for my lack of speech just now. I don't know what to say but I wanted to make you know that I ejoyed the quality of your writening and the originality of it!
cmdrtekk chapter 1 . 9/22/2008
A good fleshing out of TC and an intersting 'what-if' story. Some serious time and effort put into this.

The action scene/s in the battle and after are well done as well. Not rushed but well paced and smooth.

Thank you for sharing this.
Dierdre chapter 1 . 9/21/2008
Wonderfully executed, with a heaping helping of interesting characterizations. Brava!
black dragon chapter 1 . 9/21/2008
I considered it well done and hoped you can continue on with the story. you know tell more what the other two think of him now that he has left. as for me i had the same thoughts lol but i will stop sending useless data to you and just fire my afterburners away in the earth. oh just to let you know that attack you discribed reminded me of a peregrine falcon's stoop. quite awesome if you ask me.
Carmilla DeWinter chapter 1 . 9/21/2008
This story is a rather interesting what-if, and does include a very important realization in the end, something that I've rarely found in another fic. Kudos for that.

While I think you did TC's 'voice' well, and Megatron looks pretty 'real' to me, I just don't get Skywarp. I think this is because he's talking like someone with a good education, not like a military grunt who worked himself to a better position.

Starscream, too, seems a bit too bleeding-heart and stilted, especially in his final convo with TC.

The latter bit is something that I'm sure further practice will help with. Reading dubious passages aloud helps loads, too.

On a total sidenote: I like the movie better because the 'bots don't look like humans in boxy armor.
padawanjinx chapter 1 . 9/21/2008
All I can say is... *gasp* WOW! That was a FANTASTIC story! Full of emotion, conflict, emotion, wonder, emotion, excellent description that draws the reader in... and did I mention EMOTION?

And you're right, the cartoons didnt really get to flesh out, if your pardon the expression, the characters and their interactions between each other. I think you did an excellent job of adding some 'behind the scenes' stuff that makes their cartoon personas seem more indepth. Also, I think Megatron's ideas started out as 'good intentions' as you so eloquently provided, and that he DID spiral down into madness and lets face it.. stupidity. NOtice how his schemes never seemed to work? The bots were always able to thwart him or find loopholes... not exactly "Leader of the year" material.. hehe

Thank you for posting this story!

PJ
dixiegurl13 chapter 1 . 9/21/2008
Wow. You have truly reached into the depth of a character and drawn their inner turmoil into one of the most believable fics I have read. I have always held a fascination with Thundercracker, because his beliefs were different from other 'Cons. You have captured TC's doubts perfectly. A wonderfully written piece.

As for Starscream, I agree with you on his characterization, or rather how he should be. As a suggestion, check out the story "My Madness, My Saving Sanity" by NightElfCrawler. It's a story that digs deep into Starscream's character, discussing views similar to yours. It's a good read. Great Story! Will there be a follow-up?