Reviews for Reunion
kirallie chapter 1 . 5/5/2009
Good work! You're not the only one wondering why the buried Dean there.
bhoney chapter 1 . 10/27/2008
Okay, I just realized that although I read this shortly after the S4 premiere, and loved it, I never left you a review. I am rectifying that now. :)

This fic really comforted me after the premiere, which I liked, but which also left me unsettled on a few things. You did a great job of addressing those and making me feel better. In particular, I liked your explanations as to why Ruby and Sam were sharing a room, and why Sam started using his powers despite Dean's final request not to. Both made me feel a LOT better about things. Loved Sam threatening Ruby when she threatened Bobby.

The first part, where Dean is dead and Sam and Bobby are burying him, was just heartbreaking. I really liked Sam's reasoning for not taking Dean back to Lawrence, that was something I'd wondered about. Really you did a great job of working in those things we did know-Dean's burial site, Sam's refusal to burn his body, Dean's change of clothes, Sam and Ruby rooming together, the amulet, Sam using his powers, etc.-and giving explanation, without it seeming forced or contrived.

I loved Sam quoting from Lamentations. Very apt. And I SO wish we could've seen the graveside scene you wrote on the show. I would've loved to see Sam tell Dean all he meant to him. You wrote it beautifully-it's just how it should have been. And loved Sam's reasoning for keeping the amulet.

I also really liked the description you gave of Sam using his powers, showing how they worked. That was very cool. Sam's daily ritual with the amulet, the reunion scene, all very well done. So in character, I could actually picture this all happening on-screen. You did a stunning job of mixing fanfic with the episode seamlessly. Really fantastic work. I hope to see another story from you soon. I'm favoriting this one.
skag trendy chapter 1 . 9/30/2008
I promised myself that I wasn't going to read any season 4 fics just yet, 'cos S4 won't be aired over here for a while...but seeing as you were the author I couldn't resist.

Loved it. Very heartbreaking.

Kind regards,

ST.x.
Selah25 chapter 1 . 9/30/2008
excellent story from sam's pov. you captured his mental state very well. like you, i too wonder why they picked that area for dean's burial. great story.
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 9/29/2008
I read this story after the season premiere and really loved your missing scenes. You did an excellent job with Sam thoughts.

I had typed up a review which never went through, along with others from that date. (Don't you just love computers sometimes, though usually it is one of my cats helping me type that causes the problem.)

Anyway as I was reading your story again, just wanted to say thanks for sharing it with us.

Until next time, take care.
ukfan101 chapter 1 . 9/28/2008
I liked it...it will be very interesting to see what Sam was up to in those months...really liked the bit when Sam took teh amulet off of Dean and what he promised him...good job
hpsupernaturalfan chapter 1 . 9/24/2008
Very heartbreaking. Good but so was the episode.
Tari Roo chapter 1 . 9/22/2008
I really liked the Lamentations quote - very appropriate. Nice POV for Sam.
Muffy Morrigan chapter 1 . 9/22/2008
Awesomeness incarnate. Perfect, lovely, beautiful, in character-your scene flowed so seamlessly into Kripke's it wasn't even noticeable. Just perfect.

Five Impalas, freshly waxed, lovingly detailed cruising down the highway with BOTH Winchesters.
Vanessa Sgroi chapter 1 . 9/22/2008
Wow-you had me sobbing during the part where they buried Dean. Even knowing what was coming based on the premiere, I could not stop the tears.

Thank you so much for this lovely tag.
sergeantmicky chapter 1 . 9/22/2008
That was really, really good. The part in which Sam buried Dean actually made me tear up - really well written. I also liked the scene with Ruby and Sam in the motel room - it did a good job of bridging the gap, an idea of what could have happened in the time we didn't see. And I thought it was really well done. Great job! :)
Llywela chapter 1 . 9/21/2008
Hi, this is a lovely story - such an awesome episode, setting up so much more potential awesomeness for the rest of the season. This is a great exploration of some of the themes introduced in the episode.

I feel I should point out one tiny detail, though - you comment in the story on Sam recognising Dean's burial outfit when he turns up at the hotel. In fact, Dean has already changed out of his burial clothes before going to find Sam at the hotel, and is wearing clothes borrowed from Bobby at that point.

Thanks again for the story.
TraSan chapter 1 . 9/21/2008
Oh, I couldn't agree more. We needed a bit more Sam and Dean in this episode!

Thank you for filling in some Sam perspective on this one. Wonderful, wonderful tag.

I'd agree - it looked to me like Sam and Ruby were roomies or she was there a LOT, but not, uh - an intimate relationship. Could be wrong, but it didn't look that way to me (at least after we found out who she was).

LOL - before that, I thought he was coping - Dean-style. Hot sex and cold beer. Hee.

Back to your story, I love that you gave us the after Dean died to his burial bit. I don't think it would have detracted from the, WTH has Sam been up to for four months mystery and it would have been nice to see.

All in all - great fic!

And for the record, I did like the episode, but with VERY rare exception, I always do. Hee. Not the right person to ask, I guess.

Thanks for writing and filling in the missing pieces.
PADavis chapter 1 . 9/21/2008
I would have loved to have seen this in the show - but then Kripke gave us more than I had hoped with both a Dean and Bobby reunion and a angstly Dean and Sam. Loved the premiere. And was just boucing around when I saw a new post from you. Excellent.

Now if someone could explain why Ruby was totally not surprised to see Dean at the door, and how Sam, given the biggest shock of his life, could lie so convincingly to Dean and Bobby as to pretend he didn't know her name. I like the 'roomies' rather than lovers, because really ew, but how Sam could hide Ruby from Dean right then is beyond me.

Phoebe
ncarlson80 chapter 1 . 9/21/2008
Great job with this. There should have been more Sam/Dean in the ep. Like someone else mentioned there were more scenes between Dean and Bobby then Dean and Sam. I thought it would have taken Sam a lot longer to accept Dean then it did. Hopefully in future

episodes we'll get to see what Sam went through all the months Dean was in hell - how he and Ruby hooked up.

Speaking of Ruby. I love how you wrote her and Sam as roomies. I know some people are thinking other things (myself included). Which I hope aren't happening between them. That would be wrong on so many levels.

LR was an amazing episode. If the rest of the season is anything like this first ep it's gonna rock. Thanks for writing Sam's POV :)
45 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »