Reviews for When Madness Comes
bcbdrums chapter 1 . 2/25/2019
yikes! up the rating on this, or...or leave a trigger warning or something! i mean, it's an outstanding fic, but you've gotta warn people when you write that sort of stuff!
commanderbog chapter 1 . 3/4/2018
At the end I literally went, "...shit." This story was not what I expected, and that was GREAT. I felt like I was going a bit insane from reading this myself...wow. I mean, this was so well written...it was like going in the mind of a crazy person.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/31/2013
AWWWW
Ding chapter 1 . 3/10/2013
DUDE that's... that's is awful! How could you make Drakken (cringe) kill himself? He maybe seiko but the fact is Dr. Drakken never gives up, ever! So I'm going to have to say I don't like this story... Sorry, chow.
Ruby of Raven chapter 1 . 12/12/2011
Ugh. Depression sucks. :(

Yet, I loved the one shot! Great job!
Daki92 chapter 1 . 8/22/2011
Whoa... fucked up but deep and a good story Emotionally raw suits the description best i think
ThePrincessAppears chapter 1 . 3/22/2010
There are so many things I like about this, and then two things things I don't.

I really liked how you really made a more moderate portrayal of madness. It was refreshing to see mental illness shown in another way than 'the voices are telling me to burn everything'. I loved how subtle some of it was, and some imagery was fantastic (especially "random mental images that were filled with smothering greys streaked and violent whites.").

I just was bothered when you simply stated things. (Like, "It was empty. So empty. Like he was." or the ending.) It was just so blatant that it took away from how well you did everything else. I felt the ending could have been handled much better. I would've preferred a more open ending, but even with your conclusive one, you could've made it more stylish. I personally would've stayed within the realm of Drakken's emotions, since the rest of the story is told with every physical aspect having an emotional theme to it (the coffee cup is empty, or 'tipped over'.)

Still, you did a lot better than a lot of other people on this site. I suppose it isn't really fair to compare you, but I mean it in a nice way. I'd just prefer if you tried to be more subtle, since you write subtle very nicely.
Secret Feline chapter 1 . 2/2/2010
o.o!
Hebi R chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
Er, clinical depression rarely strikes out of nowhere like that. It also is not really considered insanity as such, though it does involve a skewed perception of the world when it actively effects the sufferer.

I hope you never experienced anything like this. In my personal experience, and that of friends of mine who have also suffered, having a concerned person around who refuses to go away can motivate the sufferer long enough for them to seek some kind of help.
D. Cole chapter 1 . 6/29/2009
Hello.

I really liked the story. It's well written and just woah. :P

I'm not good in critism if there's nothing to critisize. :D

D. Cole
Jesse Lee chapter 1 . 4/3/2009
Wow! Dark, well written, and good, in a bad sorta' way. One bit of critisism, right before the end, there should have been what looked like a turning point, where he cheered up. Usually because they (suicides) realize an escape from the pain, unless it was an impulse suicide.
RedBlueGreen chapter 1 . 10/19/2008
Reading the author's note, I have to say I hope you're alright, and just exploring this emotion in fiction.

Something I thought worked very well were the bits of normal silly KP stuff - the kitty calender, the "I hired Shego" anniversary, the whole bit about Kim's birthday - alongside Drakken's descent, until we left the light behind, like a descent in the deep ocean.

This is madness in the sense of mental illness, instead of "mad science". It's so tragic that he even knew that he should say or do something, but couldn't, that Shego was so close but far too far away. And the ending is such a blow.

Great work.
zardoz101 chapter 1 . 9/22/2008
A very emotional story. I wanted to leave a review the first time I read it, but no words came to me, it left me feeling sad. It took me three tries to even write this. Good work.
invisible4awhile chapter 1 . 9/22/2008
Oh...so sad, but good. There were so many 'if only's...if only he could have told her how he felt; if only she had not left him to himself...

Charlotte
Donteatacowman chapter 1 . 9/21/2008
Good job. Filled with emotion and one of the best insanity/death fics I've read.