Reviews for Breathing
Salty Q chapter 1 . 9/22/2008
"dry amusement that Sam had the foresight to bury him with a lighter in his fist." This may seem like a strange idea, but Sam actually would, seeing as how he planned on doing everything within his power to bring Dean back-and to bring him back in his body, which is why Dean wasn't salt and burned. :)

"The scream hurt, burned. All the nerves in his bone-dry throat sprang alive and he choked, coughed." I, like you, was immensely impressed by the fact that the writers thought to make Dean's voice raspy because of lack of use. When he first screamed, I was like, "YES! They know whats UP!" Haha.

"The heat of the sun at his neck, the soft whisper of the wind over his skin…it was like feeling every tiny thing for the very first time. An overload of sensation. He rolled over, closing his eyes against the glare of the sun. Just breathing." I LOVE the idea of Dean feeling as if he is experiencing everything for the first time, because that's how it would feel to come back, I believe.

Cerri, Cerri, Cerri, I say it much too often, but AWSUM JOB, GIRL! I know I say it a lot but I hope it doesn't lose impact because I mean it every time. :)

-peace-

~ Salty Q
Benigma chapter 1 . 9/21/2008
Very vivid description of such a horrible experience for Dean. Loved the line, "Who knew that dirt and grass and dead leaves, even his own fresh sweat, could smell so damned good?"

Good job!