Reviews for coda in d minor
Dudly chapter 1 . 5/6/2019
this is beautiful. so well woven.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/1/2017
Good job!
tabine chapter 1 . 1/28/2017
Old fic, but still beautiful and wonderfully written — there's this melancholy aspect to it that I really adore, especially in how the snippets are so short but still manage to make such a great impact.

Lovely work, really. Thanks for sharing.
Espied7 chapter 1 . 1/2/2017
So sad. So good.
misspandalily chapter 1 . 11/2/2016
I admit, I had to read this about five times before I understood what was going on and - oh, man. This is heavy. I'm assuming that she is Neji and Tenten's daughter, and that something went horribly wrong on a mission. It brings an ache to my heart that Lee would feel so lost and forlorn without his teammates there, and even has a shrine dedicated to them. You pulled my heartstrings with this oneshot, and it was beautiful.

Thanks for sharing!
misspandalily
muumuu122 chapter 1 . 10/15/2016
Really nice :)
naash chapter 1 . 8/26/2016
Wow. I only really could confirm my suspicions till the end. It was beautiful yet tragic. And I could feel how lost the girl is.

You write beautifully.
Sapphire Luna chapter 1 . 8/20/2015
I caught on quickly but this was still a super good read
Aquarius Galuxy chapter 1 . 8/6/2015
loved this. I loved the writing style and the snippets, and the girl slowly learning who she is. I love how Lee is so hesitant about sending her to the ninja academy (but how hasn't she been in his room before?) and he hesitates so much where the Byakugan and her education is concerned. It's so powerful - Lee really drives the story here with his very human emotions. Would totally love to know how things unfolded after Neji and Tenten's daughter learns about her parentage.. (and that her teammate is actually sort of her cousin :P)
thank you for the awesome read!
monsterball chapter 1 . 7/30/2015
SO GOOD. You weave their relationships in a beautiful, subtle, complex way throughout the story, and do an excellent job at showing the characters through said relationships & the actions. By far one of the best next-gen fics that I've seen, and a scenario that would've made for a much more interesting dynamic than what happened in canon. I love the economy of this-really well done!
FruitySmell chapter 1 . 8/30/2013
Wow. Just wow. This is simply amazing. And tragically beautiful! I want to cry so badly, but I'm with people right now.
memory's marionette chapter 1 . 8/19/2013
Hi,
I loved this. I honestly think it should have more reviews and that more people should read it, because it's beautiful. Simple, yes, but nothing about Team Gai (or NejiTen) isn't, especially when it comes to their strong bonds, and it also fits with the whole feel of childhood and her young age, where everything tends to be bright and clear before the world becomes painted in all the shades of red. I like how it's Lee taking care of the girl, because I think Neji would have wanted his child to escape the seal he never could, and it's great because Team Gai has always been so close, and a lot of fics tend to forget Lee in the equation, but yours didn't and thank you for that. :)

I also adore how their daughter (and she has no name here and I think that's a great but sorrowful touch) carries on their legacy in the little ways, from drowning herself in training like them both and loving weapons like Tenten and being blind yet suddenly being able to see like Neji. That parallel was heartbreaking, and maybe even more so when I read it now, when (spoiler) Neji is already dead, and this is a plausible but cruel 'what if?'. The way Lee keeps staring over their daughter's head is just so sad, but also so true to life because she's always going to be a memento of brighter times and possibilities that never came true.

Wonderful job. :)
LonelyDreamer7 chapter 1 . 6/12/2013
Mother of fuck. Nooooooooooo! D:
Mysterious Smiles chapter 1 . 1/29/2012
Wow. Wow. Wow.

I'm guessing that the white-eyed man is Hiashi? And Neji and Tenten are dead? I honestly didn't get it until the end, but I love it.
Young Goodman Brown chapter 1 . 11/5/2011
wow. i've read other fics with a similar idea (lee watches over a nejiten child), but i think you've certainly done the best job of conveying the heartache lee must deal with everyday. very nice.