Reviews for The Spare
May a Chance chapter 1 . 8/4/2014
Poor Cedric... He didn't have to die. If only, if only, if only those two were a little smarter, a little quicker. Cedric... Alive. Voldemort... In Albania.
tarablackthorn chapter 1 . 5/17/2012
This is an excellent, well-written story that accomplishes the seemingly impossible: It gives a happy ending to the far-too-young death of Cedric Diggory. I've not come across a story like this before, where we see not only Cedric's death but his rebirth and the beginnings of his afterlife, told from his point of view no less. ("End of the Line" by shewhoguards, which a previous reviewer mentioned, is another well-written story whose King's Cross setting is mildly reminiscent of this one's, but the similarity ends there; Cedric doesn't appear in it, either.)

Some great moments: Cedric remembering his first kiss with Cho in the moments before his death; goading Voldemort as he battles Harry; the conversation with Dumbledore; boarding the train.

The characterization and dialogue here is wonderfully believable, and I really like that Cho and Cedric get (or they will eventually get) their happily-ever-after, which is quite another fanfiction rarity.

My favorite passage: I knew love. The thought thundered through his head as that green spark of silent death sliced across the dark and overgrown graveyard. And that will have to be enough.

Great job!
Avi689 chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
I really love your take on Cedric. Complicated- and yet uncomplicated- hinting at the ephemerality of time and yet allowing itself to indicate the presence of Fred.

Harlequin Love chapter 1 . 5/22/2011
Great new perspective on Cedric and, surprisingly for me, Cho Chang. I suppose its because it was sort of in the point of view of Harry but Cho and Cedric's romance didn't seem all that real. But this fic, it blindsided me with their bittersweet situation and gave depth to Cedric's limited character in the series.

tl;dr: I loved the fic. :]
hypercell chapter 1 . 7/1/2009
There was a really good story, with a life after death thing, with King's Cross...I don't remember who it is by, but It is called "End of the Line" It was good.

I really liked this story.
AerynBlack chapter 1 . 4/4/2009
This is an incredibly well written story. I liked reading about those familiar, significant events from Cedric's perspective. It's thoughtful, moving and a fitting tribute to Cedric. I'm glad he is content in the end. Great job!
thestartling chapter 1 . 12/17/2008
Do me a favor and write for a living.

This was amazing.
michelleoldfanfic chapter 1 . 9/23/2008
wow that was amazing

seriously

i loved it so much
JBean210 chapter 1 . 9/21/2008
A very, VERY good read. Well done!