Reviews for Dead Bolt
Laptop Newbie chapter 1 . 3/11/2012
Neatly packaged one-shot. I actually thought something was going to happen but nothing happening was not unsatisfying, bit of the contrary. Duo's personality changed a little too fast I thought. Maybe dragging it out longer would make Duo's sudden 180 turn more plausible. You probably intended for the meeting to be brief anyway. Heero would be a little OOC inviting Duo and having some hardcore sex for no reason. I actually like it better when their relationship is not as intimate, as in the beginning of the anime/manga. I would have liked a bit about the weather/time (chilly night I'm hoping?) Once again, very neat, friendly little fic, don't know if you can get any further but nice.
Kanarah J chapter 1 . 12/30/2008
I enjoyed this fic! Nicely done! Though I expected Heero to let him in, the fact that he didn't gave the fic a sort of interesting ambiguity. I also liked how you wrote Duo. In a lot of fics, I see his characterization based only on his silliness and quirkyness. Here, you portrayed him not only as such, but also a skilled pilot, one worthy of Heero's recognition. Very nicely done.
Wanderer-Brown-Sheep chapter 1 . 10/26/2008
I don't think you botched them, I think you captured fine.
Chain Mell chapter 1 . 10/22/2008
Um... okay... tut...well...

I liked it. It just ended quite... abruptly...

Overall it was good.
nalamacleod chapter 1 . 9/22/2008
Duo was really creepy. I think I'd behave like Heero and close the door on him too.
Modified Tam chapter 1 . 9/22/2008
i have one suggestion. the line, about Duo's eyes, not the color, but what they reflect. a direct retelling of what Heero sees could be exchanged into a bit more subtle, abstract, but vivid almost-definition, or maybe a comparison, without the actual comparing.

it would keep the somberness of the whole piece, without interrupting its flow with this almost-possibility of alikeness between them. the tension; it tints everything with a tangible surreality.

other than that line, i'm definitely glad to see you back (?)

p.s. how's the four S moving?
snowdragonct chapter 1 . 9/21/2008
Lovely stuff! Nice tension-and I truly love a "dangerous" Duo. Heero's no fool, and not gonna let his guard down around someone capable of the kind of violence Duo is.

As for the eye color...

If you go to the OFFICIAL Gundam Wing site and read the character descriptions...Duo's eyes are cobalt blue. Heero's are Prussian blue...Trowa's green, Quatre's aquamarine, and Wufei's black, I think, or brown.

The only one with purple is, sadly, Relena-whose eyes are called "lavender."

So, technically all the folks making Duo's eyes violet or amethyst are a bit inaccurate. But in the interest of peace, I always call them indigo-which is used as a synonym for cobalt blue at times. But its place in the rainbow suggests it's nearer violet.

The bottom line is, since this is fan FICTION, anyone can pretty much play fast and loose with little details like eye color! Chalk it up to artistic license!