Reviews for Serenity, Nevada
Saul Good chapter 17 . 8/7/2014
This is gold. You do good work bro. Plot was tightly written, characterizations were on point, dialogue read naturally and the setting you used was perfect. I'm glad to have gone through your profile. Cheers
shyd1 chapter 17 . 1/24/2014
Cute and engaging!
HannaSun chapter 17 . 6/30/2013
I think you did a bang-up job on the story and I really liked the way it all came out in the end. Good choice on the characters you decided to use from Buffy, no obvious ones, but it really worked.

There are some small inconsistencies when you've seen Season 5 from Angel, but from what you explained in your author's note it doesn't really matter.

Jules
HannaSun chapter 13 . 6/30/2013
I really like your mixing and mashing of the two worlds. You definitely made it work. Working with different POV's and switching the narrative to suit the speaker gives it a lot of identity.

Jules
Mierke chapter 17 . 2/13/2012
The hardest thing about crossovers is to get both the sets of characters right. While you only use Oz as a Buffy-character, you use him well and I loved the little references to the Sunnydale folk which all rang true. The Firefly characters are great – I love River’s characterization, which is almost impossible to get right. Her being a Slayer seems to be so logical and the way this story is centred around her makes it a wonderful tale. I think this is the first time in which I read a fanfic for which the Firefly characters were snagged out of their Serenity, but it works surprisingly well to have them on Earth.

Thank you for writing this story!
physicsteach chapter 17 . 11/13/2011
This is an extraordinary story, one of the best pieces of fan-fiction I've ever read. You re-create the characters from iFirefly/i brilliantly, both in capturing their personalities and relationship and the rather more exotic task of placing them in a contemporary setting. Phenomenally well-done.

The structure and pacing of the story are flawless. You had enough background and banter to make the characters and setting come alive while still providing a fast-moving and engrossing plot. The wrapping up of the loose ends in the last chapter worked really well, and the scene with the Tams looking at the pre-dawn nightscape is downright eloquent.

I'm glad I found this, and I hope an out-of-the-blue review so long after you've finished it returns a little of the joy reading your work gave me.
SeanHicks4 chapter 17 . 8/25/2011
Awesome story
BlueEyedBrigadier chapter 17 . 7/20/2011
Gotta say, Christina K...while Buffy/Firefly crossovers are fairly prevalent in fanfic circles, you really managed to take the crossover pairing and run with it. I am especially impressed with how you slotted the Big Damn Heroes into suitable civil service jobs for the Serenity NV town govt. without having to drastically change the basic characters :D

Great job!
JoySPC chapter 17 . 6/22/2011
I love this story! The voices are perfect and the way everything melds is wonderful. And Wash didn't die! Thank you so much!
Perri Smith chapter 17 . 3/8/2011
We worked on this so long ago, I keep forgetting it's finished. And then I went and reread it and didn't remember a thing, so I got to totally enjoy it all over again. You still rock, Kiks! (And I still think using Harmony was pure evil...)
QueenoftheSlayers chapter 17 . 2/25/2011
This was great and I love how you tied everything together. It flowed very well and the writing was great!
Harlyn chapter 17 . 4/5/2010
This was just fantastic! Oz has always been my favorite from BTVS, and everyone else was perfectly in character.
CalliopeMused chapter 17 . 4/3/2010
I loved this! It's very hard to bring characters to Serenity, but I've never seen a story that had the sense to bring Serenity back to the other characters' world. Oz was a great addition, Book-as-watcher made a whole lot of sense, and everyone fit together perfectly. Great story
LastScorpion chapter 17 . 1/30/2010
What a wonderful story! I loved the way you did the action and all the characters!
SailorNeo chapter 17 . 1/19/2010
This was a KILLER story (no pun intended). I really enjoyed your view of the crew of Serenity as small town people. I especially enjoyed your use of Glory as the reason for River's madness. Truly an amazing story!