Reviews for In Our Bedroom After The War
airichan623 chapter 1 . 6/1
D'aww...I love cute Maiko. Zutara may be the relationship where bring out the best extremes in each other, but Maiko is the TRUE relationship of balance. She cools him down when he gets too emotional, he lets her show emotion and be passionate without judgement. You're awesome.
CrystalIceLover chapter 1 . 9/5/2014
Aww, this was absolutely adorable. Mai and Zuko are so cute. I love it.
artephile chapter 1 . 6/29/2012
Beautiful! It is perfectly like Zuko to burden himself and hoard all the world's worries, and it is so like Mai to be there to relieve him. How I wish The Promise touched upon that like you did instead of getting Mai to leave him as a solution.
it's simply me chapter 1 . 5/28/2012
That was sweet. I liked this; just a simple little helpful talk in the night. :) (And finally something well-written, too)
Cali chapter 1 . 5/26/2011
That was so sweet! Both of them felt very realistic and in character. I loved it!
Kimberly T chapter 1 . 2/26/2011
This is a fantastic character piece! I can just see it happening, all of it... Very, very well done!
Jcatgrl chapter 1 . 2/19/2011
Eeee! I loved this so much! Zuko definitely needs Mai's level-headedness to keep him on track, without freaking out, and you showed that wonderfully here! Oh, hey, one other thing, do you mind if I use Mai's little speech starting "Mai brushed a lock of hair back from his forehead..." as my own personal canon and use it in my stories? It's just so clever and interesting, but I understand completely if you don't want me to.
BundleofContradictions chapter 1 . 11/14/2010
That was great. Well written, full of wonderful little details. It addressed what I was thinking when I watched Zuko's cornation in the finale "Isn't he still too youg and inexperienced to run a country? Wouldn't it have been better for everyone if Iroh had accepted the title instead?"

I love the details you put in of Mai describing how Zuko's fist year as firelord had been. Dragons in the city, educationsl reform, getting rid of propaganda, planting trees and helping refugees! Thats a great start! I'd vote for the guy! :D

Thanks for putting this Zuko fangirl's mind at ease and writing a beautiful Maiko piece!
angrymermaids chapter 1 . 10/14/2010
This warms my cockles every time I read it-and I can't seem to stop reading it! I like how you've made the postwar situation realistic (Zuko can't trust what's left of the old regime, some people aren't happy about the changes, he's incredibly stressed out) but optimistic, which is a nice change from all the dark, angsty postwar fic I've been reading lately. Your Zuko, as always, is impeccable.

IOTR chapter 1 . 9/1/2010
I love how you shed some perspective on how hard Zuko's role is after the war. The show kind of glosses over that (seeing as it's targeted towards kids) but we all know running a country and trying to fix generations of bloodshed is not an easy thing.

Lovely characterization, great job. :)
mandy347m chapter 1 . 8/31/2010
Wow, I just took a look at my favorites page, and I've got nine stories by you listed there, this one included! :)
DelightingYouAlways chapter 1 . 8/31/2010
This is nicely thought out. When the war ended there were endless problems that had to be resolved throughout the nations. Ending the war was just the tip of the iceberg of the wrongs that had to be righted. This seems much more fitting than the gang having time to drink tea in Ba sing se.

Beautifully written too. : )
AntarcticLight chapter 1 . 5/27/2010
Aww, I had added this to my fav's a long time ago and just re-read it. I still love it and was suprised that I hadn't reviewed. Nice story. It was interesting that he chose to be away from the palace to think and in her house none the less. I also liked the fact that his handwrighting isn't that neat... I love details.
Moonlit Eyes chapter 1 . 2/24/2010
I'll admit, I only read this because the title is the same as a song by my favorite band. But I absolutely love the way your write Zuko and have read a couple other of you Avatar fics just to get more. Keep it up!
bloodydisaster chapter 1 . 12/31/2009
great story. You've managed to write cute Maiko without OOCness, we don't have enough of that.

I also like that Zuko was still apoligizing to the warden for not coming after Mai.