Reviews for A New Frontier
ChristyWIX chapter 26 . 7/4
That was a great time for them to make love again, for their anniversary. Funny that Edward got squirted. At least they had finished and more importantly, Evelyn woke up just then hungry. Fun scene, Well, it was a good thing that Bella felt the need to get over to Carlisle and Esme's house a day early, wasn't it? Yes, intuition runs strong in their bunch. Very good timing indeed. It was lovely that Edward assumed the position and got right behind Esme, helping her through it. And, Bella helped Esme in the very same way Angela did for Bella. I hope both women can help Angela, when the time comes. Very sweet Christmas for them all.
ChristyWIX chapter 25 . 7/4
Little Evelyn Grace. I like it. It was sweet how Bonnie reacted to Evelyn. There are other ways that Bella could relieve Edward. It doesn't have to be sex. I'm sure her hand would be really appreciated. I like that Anglea is wanting to move up closer and begin a homestead. I wonder if Ben was speaking to Edward about how to get started? It would be lovely for all three children to grow up closely together. As I'm sure both Angela and Bella will have more. I'm hoping for Esme and Carlisle's sake, it's one and done, at their age. At that age these days, sure pop them out but, back then, no. Too dangerous.
ChristyWIX chapter 24 . 7/4
Imagine the hell women went through back then. No induced labor when it had gotten past time to birth. No meds for the mother's during birth or afterwards. Did they even have the knowledge to stitch up the mom if she tore? What if it was breech? Or, what if they needed a c-section? All of the things that the doctor's today can easily get the mother through, none of it was available to them then. I imagine a lot of women died in childbirth. Such a scary thing. Carlisle and his U bench. Love it! Very ingenious of him. They had a little girl, awwww. So we've got an Elizabeth. Wonder what they'll nickname her? Or, will they use the full name for it? Or, would Esme rather use Elizabeth, as she was her sister? Hmmmm.
ChristyWIX chapter 23 . 7/4
This was quite fun. I loved hearing from them all. So cute. I like Daisy Bell much better than Ophelia. Rose was definitely very much a Rose. I loved that Alice said to Jasper that she's not ready for that and he merely nodded. Too cute. Again, very fun chapter.
ChristyWIX chapter 22 . 7/4
That was a very fun chapter to read. I loved how excited Angela was to get to help out. Ben was almost as excited to have his excited wife gone for a few days. Too funny. Bonnie and Tyler just made a crap load of money off of Edward and Carlisle with getting this last bit of stock all ready. Truly a wonderful thing about that feather mattress. Let's just make sure she doesn't birth the baby on it now. It'll be best if she opts for the hay one, with all those fluids. I had wondered aloud to my husband at the beginning of their trip back home, how long a cows pregnancy was, and then she had her calf. I'm glad that Bella got to see it happen. Especially since she almost saw the making of it when she brought Rose to Emmett, hehehe. Should be anytime now for Bella. With all the cows aff to auction, the house finished and them all moved in, aside from the few chores around the barn with the hens, the new calf, Alice, Jasper, Rose and Emmett, Edward should be able to enjoy sometime alone with just Bella and the baby. Angela and Bella having their dreams come true this way,,has been wonderful to read. Angela is such a treat too. She's so kind and very helpful.
ChristyWIX chapter 21 . 7/4
Reading the part in Carlisle's point of view, crushed me. That poor man. That said, I'm so glad that Esme is okay and that the baby seems to still be growing within her. Phew. I'm not sure that Bella has a few weeks left with those types of pains and that stomach tightening up the way it is. Let's just hope that Angela makes it in time,,at the very least. Edward can do many things but, helping Bella birth a baby may be his limit.
ChristyWIX chapter 20 . 7/4
Wow, such progress on the house already. I imagine that Edward did it all by himself the first time, as Carlisle and Esme didn't come out until he'd been settled for a while. So, I imagine Edward helped with everything, when building Carlisle and Esme's home. At least they are returning the favor. That would be awfully cruel of you to give Carlisle and especially Esme hope of a child, just to rip it away from them. I really hope she and the baby are okay. Goodness.
ChristyWIX chapter 19 . 7/4
A week and a half? That was too short of a time to get the cattle to auction. And, they finished up early, stopped to get lumber and dropped it off already? Okay. Again, thankfully Jake was around. Poor guy took the brunt of it all but, he did manage to get Bella the time she needed to kill the cat. Scary. I'm glad that Jake may end up being fine. Hopefully. I'm happy they made more than expected in the cattle run. That's fantastic news. Wonder how jealous Rose is going to get, when it's time for Emmett to do his job for the year? Eek!
ChristyWIX chapter 18 . 7/4
I'm glad that Edward's arm healed and that he's back to his fully operational self. Bella eating in the morning seemed to have helped with the nausea. I don't think all will be safe on the homefront. Otherwise, you would've never taught Bella to shoot . . . and I think Jake will come to a bit of a rescue of some sort. These cattle runs usually took six weeks to two months. So, I hope all goes fine for them so that they are not detained even longer. I also hope that Bella takes to sleeping with Esme in her bed downstairs, in lieu of going up and down that ladder pregnant. Especially with how clumsy she is.
ChristyWIX chapter 17 . 7/4
At least they've had a great herd this season and will get quite a bit of money at auction. At least it's looking that way. They've got to be extremely careful with whom they choose to help build with them. Some of the men back then were nothing but trouble. What a surprise for Esme and Carlisle. I think that is wonderful. At least they know I something were to happen to them, they have Bella and Edward to care for their child. And, that goes the same for the reverse. Hopefully, they'll be able to get it all done before Bella has their wee one.
ChristyWIX chapter 16 . 7/4
I'm so glad they're okay. Good thing Esme just knew something was wrong and insisted that Carlisle go. So scary. I've no doubt that Esme and Carlisle would've taken Bella in if Edward didn't make it but, I'm very glad he did. So sad that their home is gone. They were talking of building onto the existing one for some upgrades. This now will be a complete rebuild. Maybe they can use the plans that Carlisle used on his own home? And, the fire didn't spread and get the barn so, that's good. Better yet, it didn't get any of the animals. I hope that wasn't the last of Jake. I think he'd make a good pet, as he's certainly proven his loyalty.
ChristyWIX chapter 15 . 7/4
Wow, thank goodness for Jake, as he was able to notify Edward of Bella's peril. He managed to get her out but, now he didn't get out. Since Carlisle and Edward are in this ranching together, I hope he was out herding at the same time Edward was and saw him take off towards his home. He would've known of the stragglers too, so hopefully he followed and can save Edward . . . or, Jake can grab Edward by the foot and drag him out? Yikes!
ChristyWIX chapter 14 . 7/4
Oh wow, she learned a very important ranch thing in this chapter. How to ride a horse. So important and I'm quite surprised it took him this long to teach her. I would've thought it should be one of the very first things to learn. It is kind of cute how Bella is with all the animals . . . sort of Snow White-ish. Well, except for the hell hens. However, she's even mastered those. Her poor butt is going to be sore but, she'll get used to it eventually. Why did I know that Edward would want to shoot at Jake? I guessed that correctly. However, he really had no dea that Bella was still feeding him and that they've become friendly. I have a feeling Edward won't be too happy about that, since he specifically told her not to, with the wolves. Eek!
ChristyWIX chapter 13 . 7/4
I love that she is writing in her journal. That letter from Edward was quite sweet. I was so surprised that Angela was already there! That was fantastic! The way they ran to each other and hugged so fiercely was wonderful. She was already knew and was writing Ben just after Bella moved. I wonder how they met each other? Really wonderful. Wonder what that dream is about, with Edward and Bella by the river. I wonder if it means that they run down there for safety of some sort and have to separate briefly? Perhaps they are walking there when he has to take his herd to market? I'm sure it isn't as foreboding as she imagined it to be when she had it in the train. Loved that she learned, and rather quickly, how to shoot that rifle. Which again, makes me wonder when she'll have to protect herself in that way. Yikes!
ChristyWIX chapter 12 . 7/4
What a fantastic chapter! I loved how good Bella is with all the animals. Was it wrong of me to want Jake to get one of the hens? She did say in an earlier chapter that they probably had one too many. Loved how excited Alice was to see Bella . . . and her excitement at being groomed with a bow. Too fun. Then grooming Rose to take her to Emmett . . . so fun. Emmett coming out prancing and doing his thing. So funny. Her realizing they were about to have sex and scampering away, was so funny. I loved that she was able to help Jake and I do hope he comes around again . . . without his pack though. Hopefully, Edward won't shoot him. Eek!
2,410 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »