Reviews for A New Frontier
ChristyWIX chapter 20 . 7/4/2016
Wow, such progress on the house already. I imagine that Edward did it all by himself the first time, as Carlisle and Esme didn't come out until he'd been settled for a while. So, I imagine Edward helped with everything, when building Carlisle and Esme's home. At least they are returning the favor. That would be awfully cruel of you to give Carlisle and especially Esme hope of a child, just to rip it away from them. I really hope she and the baby are okay. Goodness.
ChristyWIX chapter 19 . 7/4/2016
A week and a half? That was too short of a time to get the cattle to auction. And, they finished up early, stopped to get lumber and dropped it off already? Okay. Again, thankfully Jake was around. Poor guy took the brunt of it all but, he did manage to get Bella the time she needed to kill the cat. Scary. I'm glad that Jake may end up being fine. Hopefully. I'm happy they made more than expected in the cattle run. That's fantastic news. Wonder how jealous Rose is going to get, when it's time for Emmett to do his job for the year? Eek!
ChristyWIX chapter 18 . 7/4/2016
I'm glad that Edward's arm healed and that he's back to his fully operational self. Bella eating in the morning seemed to have helped with the nausea. I don't think all will be safe on the homefront. Otherwise, you would've never taught Bella to shoot . . . and I think Jake will come to a bit of a rescue of some sort. These cattle runs usually took six weeks to two months. So, I hope all goes fine for them so that they are not detained even longer. I also hope that Bella takes to sleeping with Esme in her bed downstairs, in lieu of going up and down that ladder pregnant. Especially with how clumsy she is.
ChristyWIX chapter 17 . 7/4/2016
At least they've had a great herd this season and will get quite a bit of money at auction. At least it's looking that way. They've got to be extremely careful with whom they choose to help build with them. Some of the men back then were nothing but trouble. What a surprise for Esme and Carlisle. I think that is wonderful. At least they know I something were to happen to them, they have Bella and Edward to care for their child. And, that goes the same for the reverse. Hopefully, they'll be able to get it all done before Bella has their wee one.
ChristyWIX chapter 16 . 7/4/2016
I'm so glad they're okay. Good thing Esme just knew something was wrong and insisted that Carlisle go. So scary. I've no doubt that Esme and Carlisle would've taken Bella in if Edward didn't make it but, I'm very glad he did. So sad that their home is gone. They were talking of building onto the existing one for some upgrades. This now will be a complete rebuild. Maybe they can use the plans that Carlisle used on his own home? And, the fire didn't spread and get the barn so, that's good. Better yet, it didn't get any of the animals. I hope that wasn't the last of Jake. I think he'd make a good pet, as he's certainly proven his loyalty.
ChristyWIX chapter 15 . 7/4/2016
Wow, thank goodness for Jake, as he was able to notify Edward of Bella's peril. He managed to get her out but, now he didn't get out. Since Carlisle and Edward are in this ranching together, I hope he was out herding at the same time Edward was and saw him take off towards his home. He would've known of the stragglers too, so hopefully he followed and can save Edward . . . or, Jake can grab Edward by the foot and drag him out? Yikes!
ChristyWIX chapter 14 . 7/4/2016
Oh wow, she learned a very important ranch thing in this chapter. How to ride a horse. So important and I'm quite surprised it took him this long to teach her. I would've thought it should be one of the very first things to learn. It is kind of cute how Bella is with all the animals . . . sort of Snow White-ish. Well, except for the hell hens. However, she's even mastered those. Her poor butt is going to be sore but, she'll get used to it eventually. Why did I know that Edward would want to shoot at Jake? I guessed that correctly. However, he really had no dea that Bella was still feeding him and that they've become friendly. I have a feeling Edward won't be too happy about that, since he specifically told her not to, with the wolves. Eek!
ChristyWIX chapter 13 . 7/4/2016
I love that she is writing in her journal. That letter from Edward was quite sweet. I was so surprised that Angela was already there! That was fantastic! The way they ran to each other and hugged so fiercely was wonderful. She was already knew and was writing Ben just after Bella moved. I wonder how they met each other? Really wonderful. Wonder what that dream is about, with Edward and Bella by the river. I wonder if it means that they run down there for safety of some sort and have to separate briefly? Perhaps they are walking there when he has to take his herd to market? I'm sure it isn't as foreboding as she imagined it to be when she had it in the train. Loved that she learned, and rather quickly, how to shoot that rifle. Which again, makes me wonder when she'll have to protect herself in that way. Yikes!
ChristyWIX chapter 12 . 7/4/2016
What a fantastic chapter! I loved how good Bella is with all the animals. Was it wrong of me to want Jake to get one of the hens? She did say in an earlier chapter that they probably had one too many. Loved how excited Alice was to see Bella . . . and her excitement at being groomed with a bow. Too fun. Then grooming Rose to take her to Emmett . . . so fun. Emmett coming out prancing and doing his thing. So funny. Her realizing they were about to have sex and scampering away, was so funny. I loved that she was able to help Jake and I do hope he comes around again . . . without his pack though. Hopefully, Edward won't shoot him. Eek!
ChristyWIX chapter 11 . 7/4/2016
What a wonderful Christmas. Spent with family, with a lovely supper. The gifts went over so very well. How sweet of Bella to show Esme how far she'd come, with what she's been teaching her, with that doll. Loved the spices from Esme, as that was a perfect gift. The desk sounded gorgeous. I'm so glad that Edward knew how to play the dulcimer. I think Bella may be right about Emmett. Maybe they should let Rose and him play together, every once in a while. Although, they may get pregnant. Perhaps, the Cullen's would like a milk calf? Or, they may end up with another bull?
ChristyWIX chapter 10 . 7/4/2016
That really was a very sweet chapter. Shes come so far with the hens and Rose. Taking care of all of the animals. Getting them fed and milked. I loved that she's already got the butter making down pat. Loved that Edward taught her how to direct the horses, as that may be something she may need to do later, without his help. If he knock himself out or something, she'll be able to get them both to Carlisle quickly. I love the Esme and Bella scenes, as she really learning and so very grateful for all the help. I do wonder if she's had her period since being with Mike . . . I hope that she had two since Mike. With the fainting over the blood and the stomach turning over the gutting of the fish, I just wonder if it was just that on both and not her being pregnant with that ass' baby. That would be awful. Edward deserves it to be his, if that is the case, not Mike's.
ChristyWIX chapter 9 . 7/4/2016
I think the Sheriff should press charges, whether Bella wanted to or not. Now that she hasn't, they get out the next day, free to do it all over again to another poor unsuspecting woman. That is the importance of pressing charges. So, there is a Ben, and he is quite something, too. Hopefully, we can get Angela out here for him. That is if town didn't scare Bella away permanently. Thank goodness he saw them corner her into the alley. I shudder to think if he hadn't seen it taking place.
ChristyWIX chapter 8 . 7/4/2016
What a beautiful chapter. The trip into town spent getting to know each other. The shopping was really fun to read, because you can tell he really wants to spoi her. I loved that she was able to get the instrument for him, with how little money she had. That was very generous of Bonnie. Very sweet of Edward to be making her a desk and getting her implements for writing. It would be lovely if there is a really nice Ben in town that needs a wife. How wonderful would it be if Bella could get Angela away from St. Louis as well . . . and the bonus of her being so much closer to her. I'm guessing she fainted and isn't shot. That would make the most sense.
ChristyWIX chapter 7 . 7/4/2016
Awwww, what a sweet chapter. I'm glad Esme gave Edward that advice, as he needed the slightest push. So funny that Bella threw the feed to the hens in disgust while walking by . . . I don't blame her, there evil. Loved that she had the heart to heart with Rose. She seemed more amenable to Bella this go round and Bella was very successful in milking her. Yay! Loved that they felt more comfortable with one another, enough to make love again. Very sweet scene.
ChristyWIX chapter 6 . 7/4/2016
Was sad to see that Bella was still having problems with the hens but, happy she figured a way around it. Smart woman. Loved the welcome that Esme and Carlisle bestowed uponBella. I didn't expect anything less but, it was still quite lovely to read. How wonderful that Esme is going to help Bella learn the ways of a home. That knowledge is gold, I tell you. Especially back then. Otherwise, they'd be eating that hard tack crap all the time. Blech. So very kind of her to give Edward a list of what to pick up too. As neither of them would know what they'd need.
2,419 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »