Reviews for A New Frontier
ChristyWIX chapter 9 . 7/4
I think the Sheriff should press charges, whether Bella wanted to or not. Now that she hasn't, they get out the next day, free to do it all over again to another poor unsuspecting woman. That is the importance of pressing charges. So, there is a Ben, and he is quite something, too. Hopefully, we can get Angela out here for him. That is if town didn't scare Bella away permanently. Thank goodness he saw them corner her into the alley. I shudder to think if he hadn't seen it taking place.
ChristyWIX chapter 8 . 7/4
What a beautiful chapter. The trip into town spent getting to know each other. The shopping was really fun to read, because you can tell he really wants to spoi her. I loved that she was able to get the instrument for him, with how little money she had. That was very generous of Bonnie. Very sweet of Edward to be making her a desk and getting her implements for writing. It would be lovely if there is a really nice Ben in town that needs a wife. How wonderful would it be if Bella could get Angela away from St. Louis as well . . . and the bonus of her being so much closer to her. I'm guessing she fainted and isn't shot. That would make the most sense.
ChristyWIX chapter 7 . 7/4
Awwww, what a sweet chapter. I'm glad Esme gave Edward that advice, as he needed the slightest push. So funny that Bella threw the feed to the hens in disgust while walking by . . . I don't blame her, there evil. Loved that she had the heart to heart with Rose. She seemed more amenable to Bella this go round and Bella was very successful in milking her. Yay! Loved that they felt more comfortable with one another, enough to make love again. Very sweet scene.
ChristyWIX chapter 6 . 7/4
Was sad to see that Bella was still having problems with the hens but, happy she figured a way around it. Smart woman. Loved the welcome that Esme and Carlisle bestowed uponBella. I didn't expect anything less but, it was still quite lovely to read. How wonderful that Esme is going to help Bella learn the ways of a home. That knowledge is gold, I tell you. Especially back then. Otherwise, they'd be eating that hard tack crap all the time. Blech. So very kind of her to give Edward a list of what to pick up too. As neither of them would know what they'd need.
ChristyWIX chapter 5 . 7/4
Well, it was quite interesting that the girls of the farm, with the exception of Alice, hated Bella and gave her nothing but grief. The boys on the farm were really quite friendly. Especially Emmett. Emmett loved Bella. He even played with her. As for your hens, Jessie Jessica, Lulu Lauren and Tattie Tanya, is my best guess.
ChristyWIX chapter 4 . 7/4
What a sweet meeting. He was beyond thrilled at her beauty. Moshe was beyond thrilled about her cowboy. I now realize what the misrepresentations were in Mrs. Cope's original post. Her age and that she can take care of a home. Then of course, the hint that she was pure, when we knew what happened. It was such a good scene when she was telling him everything. Both her agony and fear coming across in her view, then his reactions in his view. Very well done. I'm glad he saw past it, because it certainly wasn't something she wanted, as she was beyond desperate. That despicable man knew that and took advantage of the young woman. Disgusting. I liked that their passion exploded. It was a little shocking that Edward waited for his bride. Most men, throughout the years, didn't wait. Especially in the area where he was living. Of course, he was rather far from the city, where one would find that sort of company.
ChristyWIX chapter 3 . 7/4
It was so effing hard to travel back then. Even worse before they had the trains. We tend to forget that in our day-to-day lives now. It's good to be reminded with stories like these occasionally. Reminds us to be more grateful that we have things like planes, Skype and Face Time.
ChristyWIX chapter 2 . 7/3
They had great correspondence between the two of them. All the time that passed, waiting, goodness. She didn't lie in her description of herself. She hasn't been married, she's pretty, she's looking to move out there. I don't understand where the summary comes into play. I imagine it will have something to do with her not being a virgin, due to that vile creature. She could tell him the truth, he may not like it but, once he knows her, he'll see just how destitute she was. Plus, back then, women could've lost their hymens horseback riding. Looking forward to more of these two. They seem like they'll be quite happy, once he gets over whatever makes him angry in the first place. He sent away for a bride, he can't be too picky.
ChristyWIX chapter 1 . 7/3
Poor Bella. How awful. To be so downtrodden and then taken advantage of in the very worst way possible. What a scum Mike is. I truly and thoroughly hope she isn't pregnant. To have that constant reminder over your head of a horrific event. No, that would be horrid.
readicted chapter 27 . 6/28
Wow, what a lovely, heartfelt conclusion. I enjoyed your story and the epilogue was a tear-jerker for sure, but also quite wonderful.
readicted chapter 13 . 6/27
Their Christmas gifts to each other were such thoughtful gifts. Edward's Valentine's Day letter was so lovely. I anticipated Angela making a reappearance, but that she and sheriff Cheney were acquainted all along seems very implausible, especially since Bella shared her plans to travel there with Angela. Still great that she is there. I'm so glad that Edward agreed to teach Bella to shoot. I was concerned that she would be left defenseless in his absence.
readicted chapter 2 . 6/26
I'm anxiously excited for these two. I'm just nervous that something awful is about to befall 's. Swam before she can get on that train. Fingers crossed. Oh, and referring back to chapter one, can I tell you how skeeved I was that Mike Newton did what he did without regard to Ms. Swan's hygiene. I mean, she'd been living as a street urchin for a couple of weeks. She complained about his breath smelling of liquor and tobacco and all I could think about was how could his breath possibly rival the smell of hers or of her body. Yuk. Then he feed her and didn't have her wash first, nor did she was after. Good grief, I am thankful for plumbing. I can't imagine the hardships of our sisters from back then had to endure.
readicted chapter 1 . 6/26
Hmm, don't know if you are still around or read your reviews, but I wanted to say that I'm looking forward to reading this fic. The first chapter was good and I got a kick out of the way you've managed to incorporate the other characters into Edward's homestead family.
Twilight gdma chapter 27 . 4/30
Beautifully story, I enjoyed it very much. Thank you. As I read I could vision everything you wrote about. Looking forward to reading more of your stories.
dianscot chapter 4 . 4/4
Look forward to how B adjusts
2,408 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »