Reviews for Know This by Heart
Queen Serenity chapter 1 . 1/15
Very well-written. Bravo.
ohmyfish chapter 1 . 8/3/2013
Great plot, captivating storyline, but you have some issues with spelling. Example: loose instead of lose.
Myne Comix Meg chapter 1 . 1/8/2013
I really love how Rachel was victorious even tot he last with her strong spirit and forgiving acceptance of her fate.
I especially love how gentle you made Joker just before the very end. The descriptions of his voice and touch of her cheek, spot on. Got me right here *points to heart*.

Thanks again,
Meg
Guest chapter 1 . 1/5/2013
Joker kills with knives and stories and bomb and laughter. Rachel kills with kindness.
Beautiful story. I loved every juicy bit of it.
Thank you!

Meg
lightsthatguideus chapter 1 . 8/2/2012
excellent story! Very nice tone with the Joker.
ItsNatalie chapter 1 . 7/7/2012
The last couple of sentences were well written. So good
Cathy chapter 1 . 11/20/2010
Wow. This made me cry. Rachel was such a good person that i would really have liked that he would have done or said something to soothe her. Maybe he did.
Hinata245 chapter 1 . 7/28/2010
0.0 That was one of the deepest things I've ever read...ever.
UglyTruth chapter 1 . 7/8/2010
This definitely has that certain something that keeps you glued to the words until they end. I liked the flashback versions of his scars, especially the one where he encounters the thugs who get creeped out by his insane antics. I've been searching for a bit for a story that shows what the Joker did with Rachel/Dent when he had them abducted. Yours is absolutely perfect in all aspects. This was really high up on the scale of creativity! Thanks for sharing it :)
the true elec chapter 1 . 3/5/2010
This was a great look into the Joker's mind. It makes so much sense that he'd change the story for the person.
StupidGord chapter 1 . 2/6/2010
Aw, so sad! Poor Rachel. This was so insightful :)
ThisLifeCouldBeTheLast chapter 1 . 1/14/2010
Wow, you certainly captured the feel of "Dark Knight" perfectly! I enjoyed the written speech exaggeration that is characteristic of the Joker's speech patterns(if that made sense...). It felt so gritty and real, almost like watching the film with an additional scene. And your last line just added the proverbial cheery on top. Great!
FinalFallenFantasy chapter 1 . 1/3/2010
Oh wow. Nice touch there at the end; Rachel's a good guy really. I'd say good girl but it sounds mildly perverted so... Anyway, I liked all of the different versions of his story - they were very well-written, as was the rest .
Admiral Arlani chapter 1 . 12/25/2009
Wow.. That was impressive.

I'm not even sure what to say, I mean, I love the Joker, but I never thought of him having a set of stories to tell to a certain person, like a recipe, or something. Very, very nice.

I applaud your knowledge of a crazy person's mind :P
Paisley Daze chapter 1 . 12/9/2009
This just absolutely blew me away. It's the kind of story, and writing, that makes another writer, like me, just want to hold up their hands and say "I give up!" If I can't write something like this, then why bother? Had the same reaction after reading Rice for the first time. You have raised the bar too high! This is poetic, atmospheric, hypnotizing ... just a few adjectives that come to mind. But, I will carry on, creating my humble little stories because, as you probably know, it's a compulsion, an addiction.

I had a physical reaction reading this fic, much like the one I had watching DK. I was so drawn to, and mesmerized by, the Joker while at the same time, terrified. It's like you want to reach out and touch him and all the wounds but you know he would bite your hand off and laugh at your pain. That's a difficult reaction to conjure with words but you nailed it. The man inside the monster, so alluring yet so out of reach.

Thanks for a marvelous, wondrous read and an example that I can show my non-fanfiction reading friends to say "See? See this? There IS great literature in fanfiction."