Reviews for Rules of Water
partlysunny chapter 1 . 9/2/2013
Great story! The characterization is spot on, out really have a talent of getting right inside a character. Well done!
Anneka Neko chapter 1 . 11/15/2009
:D Amazing! The flow of the story is confusing and jumpy (in the good way, of course), but, while some writers get lost in the confusion, you maintain a thread that's almost (but, importantly, not quite) linear throughout the sections. You got Barbossa's pattern of speech down well, as well as Tia Dalma's- no small feat. Also loved the way you wrote Tia Dalma as Calypso (she seems to get lost in her human form in a lot of fics), and Calypso as not just a goddess of the sea, but AS the sea. It worked beautifully.

I think my favorite part, though, was Barbossa's relationship with Jack. The whole time, I kept thinking that it sounded slashy, but then deciding that you weren't going there- and then you did! :D And the way you wrote that kiss! Even setting all fangirling aside for a moment, it was still incredible! Far more descriptive and reflective of their characters than the usual "Barbossa's eyes widened as he felt Jack's lips brush his gently," or whatever. That section worked especially well. Something about the wild, crazy abandon of the place, what with the dancers, the drugs and the confusion of the language barrier, works really well with the overall deep, insightful tone of the whole piece. Definitely a fav fic!
GreenBird chapter 1 . 12/17/2008
Fantastic work. I really enjoyed it.
ef chapter 1 . 11/22/2008
it's too bad things don't turn out as they ought to, or you would be made to bear the title of "celebrated".
Nandinha Shinomori chapter 1 . 9/23/2008
Amazing fanfic.

I'm a huge fan of your writing style. It wraps us and keeps our atention until the very end. And in addition you have fabulous characterization and create really well thought story lines.

I could try to say what was my favorite part, but I guess I loved it as a whole, from Barbossa dying to all dialogues between him and Jack and, of course, the great end with Calypso bringing him back.

Thanks for writing this and I'm sorry for any grotesc english mistake I might have made now.

It's surely going to favs.