Reviews for The Mystery of Conan Edogawa
galvatron chapter 10 . 12h
great story
thegirlwhoflies chapter 10 . 10/9
Cute! :D
More than anything else the last chapter cemented my opinion of this as an incredibly true to source piece of work. That mystery could have been in any chapter of Conan. Well bloody done.
Antiyonder chapter 1 . 9/17
"Somehow, Conan managed to convince her that she was talking nonsense. And that was the heart of the problem. If it had been Shinichi in her place (she ignored the paradox of Shinichi trying to prove Conan was himself), he wouldn't give up just because of a few roadblocks."

Yep. Especially when you really examine how the first "Ran is trying to prove that Conan and Shinichi is one in the same" was resolved.

I mean if Ran from time to time can humor the idea of a drug that can literally turn a teenager back into a kid, then creating a device to emulate/change a voice isn't really that implausible.

Couple that with the fact that "Shinichi" (who as Ran even noticed sounded like an old man) happen to call right as she was trying to confirm that the boy right in front of her was him.

Not airtight evidence of course, but something to give her a plausible reason not to back down on her suspicion.
AlexCephon chapter 10 . 8/15
This is actually a really nice fic.
Leena anzn chapter 10 . 7/28
This is the best story for DC I've ever read ... keep on the good work , I'm better than that in comments but I stayed up all night reading this story and I'm so tired sorry ... it was worth staying up all the night thanks !
comwiz chapter 10 . 6/9
Good story. Kind of refreshing to find Ran be actually able to solve a case herself...
Good
Wragziez chapter 10 . 2/20
Really enjoyed reading this, thank you for sharing such a wonderful story!
Angel chapter 6 . 2/6
For the trick, I thought it was Professor Agasa. That way Heiji doesn't have to hide an accent.
Switchlolly007 chapter 10 . 1/25
I love it!... I like that you gave Ran the chance to prove herself :D and their interaction in the end is cute...
Infatuation with books chapter 10 . 1/9
While I don't really review for stories, I found that this one warranted such action. I love how in depth the story was. Not only because of the obvious research that went into it (which must have been a lot of time-consuming work and I can also tell in your author notes that you actually checked your information) but because of the depth of thinking of all the characters. Commonly when a story is written and it involves a thinking process the main character goes through, the author will give in depth answers but not go to the extent of questioning those answers. It is awesome that you not only self-evaluated the characters but also yourself. I also found myself re-thinking how I felt about Ran needing or not-needing to know about Shinichi's situation. It was wonderful that you can get your readers to actually reflect on themselves and what they would do (and feel) in such a situation. If you ever do read this I want to say thank you for your effort of checking information and also going through the difficulty of questioning your own answers which not many people do.
Guest chapter 10 . 10/31/2016
I love it so much! :D :D :D ( o )
Akihiro1997 chapter 10 . 10/9/2016
A very well thought out story. And very fitting to the source material. The only major criticism I have is about names. It was a little awkward to see the accurate Japanese honorifics, and even the occasional Japanese exclamation, yet have the names appearing in the American order with given name first. The only other comments i had were about your portrayal of Hattori (in the anime, at least, he is always trying to get Conan to tell Ran the truth, so him being so gung ho to protedt the secret seemed a little odd to me; I actually would have expected his and Agasa's reactions to be reversed, with Agasa vehemently denying it while Hattori takes a "I won't help you, but I won't get into your way" stance, as Agasa has always held the attitude that Ran must never know while Hattori has repeatedly pushed for Conan to reveal himself to her). But even with those things in mind, I truly enjoyed the fanfic. It kept me riveted from beginning to end, and left me wanting more. I want to see the foreshadowed conversation when Haibara takes Ran up on her offer and finally confides in her. I want to see how the other people who knew about Conan react to Ran finally being brought into the fold. I want to see how Conan acts in his next encounter with the Black Organization now that Ran is aware of (most of) the situation. I want to see how Ran reacts to her first encounter with the Black Organization now that she knows. I know you wrote this much earlier in the series than the current episodes, but there isn't really anything that grounds it to a specific point in the series either, so I would also like to see you include newer characters like Sera and Bourbon in the sequel you said you're planning. All things together, I am eager for the sequel. I hope you write it soon! Great job!
blackkyu chapter 10 . 8/28/2016