Reviews for The Mystery of Conan Edogawa
Wragziez chapter 10 . 2/20
Really enjoyed reading this, thank you for sharing such a wonderful story!
Angel chapter 6 . 2/6
For the trick, I thought it was Professor Agasa. That way Heiji doesn't have to hide an accent.
Switchlolly007 chapter 10 . 1/25
I love it!... I like that you gave Ran the chance to prove herself :D and their interaction in the end is cute...
Infatuation with books chapter 10 . 1/9
While I don't really review for stories, I found that this one warranted such action. I love how in depth the story was. Not only because of the obvious research that went into it (which must have been a lot of time-consuming work and I can also tell in your author notes that you actually checked your information) but because of the depth of thinking of all the characters. Commonly when a story is written and it involves a thinking process the main character goes through, the author will give in depth answers but not go to the extent of questioning those answers. It is awesome that you not only self-evaluated the characters but also yourself. I also found myself re-thinking how I felt about Ran needing or not-needing to know about Shinichi's situation. It was wonderful that you can get your readers to actually reflect on themselves and what they would do (and feel) in such a situation. If you ever do read this I want to say thank you for your effort of checking information and also going through the difficulty of questioning your own answers which not many people do.
Guest chapter 10 . 10/31/2016
I love it so much! :D :D :D ( o )
Akihiro1997 chapter 10 . 10/9/2016
A very well thought out story. And very fitting to the source material. The only major criticism I have is about names. It was a little awkward to see the accurate Japanese honorifics, and even the occasional Japanese exclamation, yet have the names appearing in the American order with given name first. The only other comments i had were about your portrayal of Hattori (in the anime, at least, he is always trying to get Conan to tell Ran the truth, so him being so gung ho to protedt the secret seemed a little odd to me; I actually would have expected his and Agasa's reactions to be reversed, with Agasa vehemently denying it while Hattori takes a "I won't help you, but I won't get into your way" stance, as Agasa has always held the attitude that Ran must never know while Hattori has repeatedly pushed for Conan to reveal himself to her). But even with those things in mind, I truly enjoyed the fanfic. It kept me riveted from beginning to end, and left me wanting more. I want to see the foreshadowed conversation when Haibara takes Ran up on her offer and finally confides in her. I want to see how the other people who knew about Conan react to Ran finally being brought into the fold. I want to see how Conan acts in his next encounter with the Black Organization now that Ran is aware of (most of) the situation. I want to see how Ran reacts to her first encounter with the Black Organization now that she knows. I know you wrote this much earlier in the series than the current episodes, but there isn't really anything that grounds it to a specific point in the series either, so I would also like to see you include newer characters like Sera and Bourbon in the sequel you said you're planning. All things together, I am eager for the sequel. I hope you write it soon! Great job!
blackkyu chapter 10 . 8/28/2016
...so cute!
shugokage chapter 10 . 8/5/2016
Truly amazing job on this story!
misuky7 chapter 10 . 8/2/2016
This was a marvelous story, simple marvelous. I loved how Ran double checked everything she thought instead of going off like she normally would have done. It was wonderful, one of my favorites. :3
Pikanet128 chapter 9 . 6/22/2016
Love how at one point ran was going down the same line of thinking that Conan(I can't spell his other name) did
And almost did not tell him so he would not worry
As that's one of the reasons he did not tell her

Was really well done in the
Is the truth right? Regard
Pikanet128 chapter 10 . 6/22/2016
I'm at a loss for words
I love this
If ran was more like this in canon
I would actually be more invested in her character
I mean it goes
She is proven wrong
And recently it's seems she either given up or has figured it out all ready and either does not say anything or does not want to say anything till she can prove it or is waiting to be told

I feel the way you have portrayed ran is closer to her acual character than canon gives her credit for anymore

It would be really fun if at the end
If we ever get there
(I hope the author pre writes the ending if this is going to go as long as possible
Don't want to never know the end)
We find out that she figured it out a while ago

I really want that sequel but I'm guessing your not going to get to it
Based on how long it's been
Guest chapter 10 . 6/13/2016
ah!
gosh, i want this to be canon so badly! its so well written! i love seeing ran get to interact w shinichi knowinng its him! its funny and its beautiful!

and like... ur right about conan telling very few people everything. and it sucks that ran has to try harder to keep the secret bc she lives w him. bc honestly, agasa and heiji slip up /alllll the tiiiiiime/ but it doesnt matter as much bc they dont see him as often

and i liked the mystery at the end. and im sort of glad kogorou got to solve it.
im gonna be crying forever at stuff like "you grim reaper of doom" and "there's gotta be string around here, there's always string." i have /yelled/ about all the string in this anime, to my friends, in detail. there's always string!

and i like how ran is now noticing all the other susp things now that she knows. like how sketch sleeping kogorou (and talking ran) actually is, and how he always looks so grave when hes thinkinng hard.

anyway, this is beautiful, and thanks for sharing it!
Guest chapter 9 . 6/13/2016
*weeping a little and applauding*
im rly caught up in the ending of that chpater rn but theres a couple other things i liked

i like how u sort of observed about how shinichi's changed as a person, and how he's become more used to pretending/comfortable as conan as time has gone on

and when they went to the house, i was like "wow, this really is sad. all those memories that have to be sort of... boxed away."

and those sherlock and watson parallels! i die! some of it has to be on purpose by the writer of dc, but like... i feel like u took it a little further, with how watson was someone humble, very important to sherlock and very smart and tough in their own right...
i just... boy, i cry
Guest chapter 8 . 6/13/2016
this is so very rough
i really like ran's characterization in this fic. how her inner narration goes, with the words she uses, the way she thinks, her feelings about all this... its ran, but kind of more of her than we generally get to see in the show.
Guest chapter 7 . 6/13/2016
ur right... shinichi is literally just drugging people every time there's a mystery... it sounds bad when u say it, but like... thats exactly what it is.
also, gosh, im sort of mad that sonoko and mouri just /pretend/ they solve mysteries and brag and shit, bc thats super dumb, but whats the alternative, really? let everyone else know there's something weird going on with you?
also, i really appreciate kazuha. she's good. she's a good friend.
and i know that mouri's probably never gonna do this, but sometimes i entertain the thought that he'll eventually stop going to secluded places when conan asks him to bc that kid is always the last person he's with when he passes out