Reviews for Not Meant to Be
Cute! c:
kataragurl27 chapter 1 . 10/1/2011
i like it
Harry Potterfan girl22 chapter 1 . 8/6/2011
I read this about a year ago and was so touched by the emotion behind Zuko's pain. You wrote it out so beautifully, that while I was listening to the song "The Last Agni Kai" this came across my mind. And i finally found it again. )

This is probably one of my favorite, wordless one shots I've read in a long time!
Magical Meerkat chapter 1 . 2/25/2009
Ah that was beautifully done loved it :)
Anise Nalci chapter 1 . 11/26/2008
Aw, angst!Zuko. Love it. Sadness.
Clockwork Mockingbird chapter 1 . 10/7/2008
Aw... yeah, I was still hopeing for a Zutara moment as well. Mai's cool and all, but Zutara is better by far. Meep!
Aralys chapter 1 . 10/4/2008
Beautiful T-T just beautiful.
ssmile26 chapter 1 . 9/30/2008
"It was in Katara’s own best interests that she never know how he felt about her. She would be safe and happy and loved, and not accosted because the man who loved her had nearly helped the Fire Nation destroy the world.

Whether she cared for him or not, Zuko did not know. But he loved her enough to want better for her than anything he could ever hope to give."

Argh, stupid noble men and their stupid/noble deeds that are nearly death of them!

Lovely one shot! :)
FaeBreeze chapter 1 . 9/24/2008
Oh that is so sad, good writing though.
Pepipanda chapter 1 . 9/24/2008
Nice job. I've started sort of collecting various versions of this scene, and I'm adding this one to the list.

I like how you described Azula's personality and madness. It felt right.

Just the way you worded everything was good. I can't really explain it. Maybe it reminds me of how I write... I'm not sure, but I really liked it.

Aw. Zuko has always liked Katara. That's sweet, especially since he has seen her as purity and goodness. Something, I think, he needed in his life.

When you describe the lightning strike, I can easily relate it to how I saw things go in canon. It was pretty scary. I mean, you see Zuko go down, sort of twitching, with electricity coursing through him. It looked a lot worse than when Azula struck Aang, which makes me wonder why it didn't kill Zuko...

Ah, helplessness. Yeah, I think a lot of the Avatar characters would really have a hard time with that one. Especially Zuko and Toph, for whom fighting through things seems to be pretty much the only way to do anything. They are trying to be very self-reliant and so this need to be looked after by others and to be unable to do anything when they are in danger...

A kind of sad ending when Zuko decides that Katara is better off not knowing that he loves her, but I guess it makes sense.

Great job!

Pepipanda
De ProFundis chapter 1 . 9/23/2008
I loved it.

Zutara is one of my favorite couples of all time.
WanderingChild96 chapter 1 . 9/23/2008
That was such a beautiful story, especially the last few lines. I can tell you put a lot of thought into it, because it shows! I didn't see any big mistakes; maybe 1 typo, but that was it. Great job!
kittenwings chapter 1 . 9/23/2008
i loved this fic! you did well on portrayal his thoughts and such

to do such a thing for someone must mean something! :D
sparky-poo chapter 1 . 9/22/2008
I love this. Zuko's inner thoughts were thoughtfully written.

I love Zutara, I really, really do. And even if Zuko will take a lightning for any of his friends (at least, that's what's most people talked about) I think he has a soft spot for Katara. Either as a friend, maybe a sister, or as something more.

Thank you for sharing!