Reviews for Whispering Pines: A Blue Castle Fanfic
Kate chapter 2 . 12/17/2012
I'm meeeeellltiiiiiiing!
Kate chapter 1 . 12/17/2012
You had me at "Through the watches of the night." Now I'm going to read the rest of it.
honorablebede chapter 2 . 8/20/2011
Very well written

Blue Castle is one of my favourite books, and it is nice to see a fan fiction that treats it so well and authentically
2lulu2 chapter 2 . 5/14/2011
hi again! sorry, i figured you would want to hear from me again after my last review and i did like parts of this chapter too. i wasn't expecting it to be quite so vivid and i'm not really into that, so sorry i skimmed some of it. you're right though, it is definitely AU and would have changed the rest of the book-that's what mostly suprised me. it was an interesting interpretation though. when i read the book, i assumed that they did consumate their marriage right away because i assumed part of valancy's desire to live life was to be a wife in all the meanings of that role. i imagine they would have had some kind of discussion before though: barney telling her it wasn't necessary and he didn't expect it, valancy saying she wanted it, barney making sure she was ok with it in light of the fact that he doesn't love her, the whole awkwardness of that entire experience, etc. the scene you wrote makes sense in my head after barney gets her from her mother's house and tells her that he realized he does love her. after the train scare and all that. anyway, thank you again for writing!
2lulu2 chapter 1 . 5/14/2011
wow, just wow! i just finished reading the blue castle about an hour ago and decided to look for fanfiction on it and this was beautiful! it sounds like the same 'voice' i was reading in the book, and i love that you kept that feel going. i can't wait to read the next chapter!
ReaderinthePNW chapter 2 . 11/15/2010
I thought that this was fabulous, because how can you not wonder when the two of them consummated their relationship? So curious! This was a marvelous answer! Bravo!

-Tara
Enigmaticrose4 chapter 2 . 7/7/2010
I like this, I believe you stayed true to L.M.'s style and this book is my absolute FAVORITE. I've read it through and then flipped it over and read it again. I believe the consummated it early on. If I remember correctly there's one line where Valency says something referencing it. I don't have the book with me at this moment so I can't look, or I would be sure.

But again: This is really good!
SeaOideas chapter 1 . 3/29/2010
Either the author hasn't written the 'blue' parts or the disclaimer should be erased. This is well written, pulls you in and even if you haven't read The Blue Castle, you will find enjoyment in the truth to English romance the author presents. When do we see the balance of the evening?
Thranduilas chapter 2 . 3/20/2010
A very sweet, beautifully written, realistic account of a young woman's "first time," and true to LM Montgomery's style. Well done!
tipica adolescente chapter 1 . 12/3/2009
thanks for writing a TBC lemon :)
pagangoat chapter 2 . 10/15/2009
Very nice! I love the book, it's LMMs best, I think. This was a great addition, something that Lucy would never have written, but you can't help but wonder about while you read Valancy's story. Thanks!
Virgrin chapter 1 . 8/13/2009
omg

i love you

this is my dream come true, a tbc fic and a romantic/sexy one

you rock my socks

great job
EnChAnTeD-kOrEaN chapter 2 . 5/25/2009
I enjoyed this story! A lot more explicit than Montgomery would ever be, but emotionally compelling nonetheless. Nicely done!
Mariagoner chapter 2 . 4/15/2009
This was wonderfully sweet and I'm so happy to see Valancy and Barney get the consummation they deserve. Great job!
TheGirlWithaCrazyCat chapter 2 . 4/9/2009
Absolutely fantastic. I usually don't read lemons, but this wasen't just about the 'making love' scenes. It had true romance, a kind of old classic love, and that showed(well for me) when Valancy ran out to see Barney. Great job!