Reviews for The Song of Eternity
The Highwaywoman chapter 87 . 11/6/2004
Holy shiznit! This story is so cool. I didn't think I'd like a cross-over of X-Men and FF7 at first. I really couldn't comprehend it. But hell, it grew on me. And the fact that you could merge them together so beautifully is just awesome. The whole story is so original and I think it's something you should be proud of... all... 87 chapters of it. ;) Cool story. I can't wait to read more work from you.
Verdot chapter 84 . 11/5/2004
Damn. This is beautifully complex. Just beautiful. What a crossover...I'm really impressed. And a Vin/Elena? Why didn't I think of that...

~Cendrillo
The Highwaywoman chapter 80 . 11/27/2003
yes aeris, calm vincent down... he's so angsty and his blood pressure must be high... still good. keep writing... one more chapter left, or much more than that? oh well. it's an amazing story...
The Highwaywoman chapter 78 . 11/1/2003
Ick. I hate Apocalypse. He's always like "ARGH, puny human. I am evil. Hahahahaha." Dumbass... but I like Mr. Sinister... :sigh: Oh well. Keep writing. This rules.
The Highwaywoman chapter 76 . 10/11/2003
Vincent drunk? Never thought I'd see that... But hell, he's still cool. I hope Elena chases after him so he doesn't trip and fall on his face or something stupid like that... Sober up, Vin. :glomp: Keep writing, you.
The Highwaywoman chapter 72 . 9/10/2003
How you came up with this just baffles me. _ I love Vincent... You give him good lines too. Which is good, cuz in the game he says all the obvious stuff... Mr. Obvious Man. Keep writing for Vin.
Hungry Sheol chapter 68 . 6/2/2003
Cole-Starmore, heh, ultimate power high.

Write On.
The Highwaywoman chapter 58 . 4/16/2003
Yay, you threw the Cajun in there later! It's still lookin' good...
The Highwaywoman chapter 55 . 4/9/2003
story is still looking beautiful. i'm surprised at how well you combined x-men and final fantasy 7. not many people can do that well without putting it in the humor category...
Lord Cirenmas chapter 51 . 4/3/2003
Great Story!
giggleplex chapter 34 . 2/12/2003
Hmm. I just thought it was kind of queer when such unique power (I mean come on; your Vincent character you spent SO much time leveling up with, that also has the knights of the round materia in his back pocket, has to be the strongest being, right?) would be completely overrun by an unknown guy who came from a miserable little planet that will probably end up destroying itself soon. Nuclear war . . . *coughBushcough* . . . I'm getting rediculously off topic, aren't I? *sigh*

Again, you seem to have this very well thought out, so your plan seems fine for it's purpose. I suppose a person who has always proven himself with a reliably magnificent imagination should be able to handle it.

I hope to see you later, back from wherever it is you're going for a "week or so"! *blows kisses*
bouncingsoul chapter 33 . 2/11/2003
The only characters that are really incredibly powerful right now are the Travis Starmore character and Garland/Sephiroth. Vincent and the others are as kick ass as they always were, but will meet their match soon.

Now...in regards to the Travis Starmore/Keep/Deke/whoever else he becomes character and his relationship with Garland.

Starmore is unique in the entire universe. By having his power he is one in a hundred million. By being able to use the power he is one in a hundred billion. By surviving the power and being able to use it again and again, he is a singularity. Much the same with the Garland entity that will recurr throughout the cantos. Techno-WEAPONs that take over hosts and prepare to battle an incredibly powerful 'human' are not normal.

Anyway, he is the most powerful being in the universe. No buts about it. The Garland incarnates are a very close second though, especially with taking over Sephiroth and other powerful hosts. I don't want to say too much, but eventually there is one combination that is too strong for Starmore.

But on Starmore's psyche, he is borderline insane. Imagine having the power and experiances he has had. He has nearly died (or actually died, however you want to look at it) THREE times already. He is obsessed with hunting down and killing Garland wherever he appears. This causes him to lay low until the time is right, then attack. This will eventually cause the near destruction of Earth (again) and the deaths of trillions of people who get in his way.

Eventually he will lose all but a miniscule, microscopic bit of his power and be equivalent to someone of Cloud, Vincent, etc's power. But that's just when the fun starts.

He is the main recurring character in the series, but others who will return are:

Nathan Starmore-Canto 7 and up

Vincent Valentine/Chaos-Cantos 3, 5 and up

Fiona/Kuja- every now and then until their souls fade away

Garland's WEAPONs will be dead by the end of canto 6...kinda

He will be a 'normal' (not impossibly powerful) 'human' by the end of canto 8 when he dies for the 5th time.

Anyway, this is a huge bit of plot spoiling, but it has to make you hungry for more, right? So I'm gonna get back to work, maybe throw up another verse tomorrow after ROTC. I think each canto will average out to about 10 verses, since canto five will very quickly run short on characters...
giggleplex chapter 33 . 2/11/2003
Nice. Thanks for the info! Looks good The only thing you might want to check out, is the problem of making your OC(s) a little TOO macho. Rather than making them inhuman and incredibly powerful as to bring awe into the story, why don't you at LEAST lower their magnificence down to the level of the legendary warriors who saved the world from certain evil.

Just a suggestion, it may improve what you already have, but then again, it may not. I was also given the impression that your "keep" character was actually already introduced (quite thoroughly in fact) previously _~ , who has already proven himself "macho-ly unstoppable".
The Highwaywoman chapter 32 . 2/9/2003
this is still great... i've read the earlier chapters a while ago... hope you keep it up :)
Bouncing Soul chapter 2 . 2/9/2003
In response to the question by giggleplex:

I\'m not currently planning on going into depth about the FF8 world, but it will be touched upon in a later canto. Currently the run-down on what I plan on doing for canots are:

, The Forsaken Realm

Return of Sephiroth

Destruction of Earth

Incarnates

7.A New Start

Apocalypse

I think I missed on in there somewhere and I have an idea for the 9th one as well.