Reviews for Genshiken gets a Yuri member!
COBRASTEVE chapter 1 . 2/28
What a great job! But I'll tell ya, how you've written it begs for more chapters. It would be great if you continued it!
Kode Dekka chapter 1 . 5/20/2011
Quite a nice story, very nice. I was even able to read it in their voices, so the characterization was good as well. Good job!
Chiyo And Osaka Fan chapter 1 . 9/13/2010
Funny story and hopefully Aoki will be seen more!
Liber-T.E.A chapter 1 . 2/28/2010
It's good, funny, and has the potential to be a good story.

You should expand this.
Wheelwright chapter 1 . 1/21/2010
Good morning!

I just wonder why it took me so long to check out the section for one of my favourite manga/anime...

Your story is promising, but for some reason it appears you stopped it before really beginning. What we've got here is Madarame & Co. wondering about something and asking the Genshiken girls about it. The new member turns up and clears up part of the question in a very un-Japanese way. I'd like her to elaborate a little more, no, not in a full-blown yuri scene (I'm not into yuri at all), but perhaps in her daily life actions. Why exactly did she come to Genshiken? Why did the manga cub girls drive her out? Yuri, like yaoi, is more a mindgame than something the writers actually contemplate doing. If your OC wasn't a raging dyke the others probably would have tolerated her. Though, to be honest, being in the manga club wouldn't be fun, not with their 'editor' (I keep forgetting that git's name.).

This story might be even better if you changed it into a series of short stories, elaborating upon your own character. The way she is done here, she seems to be randomly inserted in your story - and that's a pity. She might be quite some fun in the long run.

By the way, have you ever tried to research why girls, especially Japanese girls, are into yuri and yaoi? There are some rather interesting, albeit depressing theories, which might actually bring your OC to life a little more.

Wheelwright
HappeDaez chapter 1 . 12/26/2009
huh. kinda short, but pretty interesting.