Reviews for The Very Best Thing
otkcp chapter 6 . 1/19/2014
Severus deserves some happiness and love, Amelia is good for him.
theHuntress101 chapter 22 . 8/20/2013
Thanks for the recipes! Great story too.
Illyria934 chapter 9 . 8/16/2013
Normally I don't review finished stories until I have reached the last chapter but I just wanted to tell you how much I love this story so far! I knew from the beginning that Amelia would die but it still left me feeling very sad. But now I'm so very excited to meet their daughter. Well done, I love your writing!
Haruchan-chan chapter 22 . 6/28/2013
Loved this story.
saiyasith1 chapter 22 . 4/14/2013
Wonderful interactions and lovely ending for Sev and Arista. Great job bringing happiness to our favorite potions master! Can't wait to see what's next in this series...
sandy days chapter 1 . 1/31/2013
So your post-chapter A/N, combined with story info says this story is early 1981 yes? Then why do you have Snape lamenting their death as if it had already happened?
And he's very OOC, getting along so easily with this woman (who sounds like she looks like a Lily clone) when, after very recently becoming a spy, he should be much more paranoid than he is, even if mystical magical instinct senses are telling him she's okay. He also seems far less defensive than he is in canon, willingly - even eagerly - accepting advice from a literal stranger.
Also, Snape's dialogue is too American. I don't know how else to explain it, but some of the phrases, idioms and general tone isn't very Snape, let alone British. Severus Snape is a(n at least) outwardly cold man with very precise diction and a wide ranging vocabulary. None of this comes across at all. He feels like an ordinary teenager from some American show. In other words: not Severus Snape.
tigerlily124 chapter 22 . 12/30/2012
Highest praise to you for this excellent addition to a great set of stories!
tigerlily124 chapter 21 . 12/30/2012
Loved the combined casting. Great job!
tigerlily124 chapter 20 . 12/30/2012
One of your best chapters yet!
tigerlily124 chapter 19 . 12/30/2012
Loved this! Especially Sev laughing at the end.
tigerlily124 chapter 18 . 12/30/2012
Looking forward to the Marsh Slug being put in her place. Thanks!
tigerlily124 chapter 17 . 12/30/2012
Awww kitty! I'm a sucker for cute cats. Nicely done!
tigerlily124 chapter 16 . 12/30/2012
Nicely done. The chapter worked well.
tigerlily124 chapter 15 . 12/30/2012
Oh, I loved this. Nice to see Amelia again, but sad. Thanks!
tigerlily124 chapter 14 . 12/30/2012
Ooh! Exciting! Loved this!