Reviews for The Very Best Thing
Sk chapter 1 . 5/1
I came back to re-read this (and well all) of your stories after a couple years. I hoped you would have ventured back into Harry Potter but alas, sadly not. Still, I'll re-read any of these Harry Potter stories that you have written. Until (or if) New ones are posted, I'll be finishing this series off!
rony.zaslavsky chapter 15 . 11/22/2016
That was disappointing.
rony.zaslavsky chapter 14 . 11/22/2016
The writing is excellent, but the prophecy is nowhere near cryptic enough.
Bewitchedgal chapter 7 . 9/5/2016
I am crying as I read this chapter-you described by late father when you were talking about the dog and Severus-dad sounded like he did not like pets but he was so good to them and any pets we had loved him to pieces. Thanks for the warm but sad memories
TimeyWimeyBadWolf chapter 2 . 8/21/2016
Usually OCs aren't my thing, but this is looking promising.
Lena Lennox chapter 4 . 4/27/2016
Isn't there some rule somewhere that Sev isn't allowed to have this much fluff and love in his life? Pretty sure there is lol
witherwings1972 chapter 22 . 11/27/2015
Hi. totally loved this story. Thought fire flash and all the characters were excellent.
otkcp chapter 6 . 1/19/2014
Severus deserves some happiness and love, Amelia is good for him.
theHuntress101 chapter 22 . 8/20/2013
Thanks for the recipes! Great story too.
Illyria934 chapter 9 . 8/16/2013
Normally I don't review finished stories until I have reached the last chapter but I just wanted to tell you how much I love this story so far! I knew from the beginning that Amelia would die but it still left me feeling very sad. But now I'm so very excited to meet their daughter. Well done, I love your writing!
Haruchan-chan chapter 22 . 6/28/2013
Loved this story.
saiyasith1 chapter 22 . 4/14/2013
Wonderful interactions and lovely ending for Sev and Arista. Great job bringing happiness to our favorite potions master! Can't wait to see what's next in this series...
sandy days chapter 1 . 1/31/2013
So your post-chapter A/N, combined with story info says this story is early 1981 yes? Then why do you have Snape lamenting their death as if it had already happened?
And he's very OOC, getting along so easily with this woman (who sounds like she looks like a Lily clone) when, after very recently becoming a spy, he should be much more paranoid than he is, even if mystical magical instinct senses are telling him she's okay. He also seems far less defensive than he is in canon, willingly - even eagerly - accepting advice from a literal stranger.
Also, Snape's dialogue is too American. I don't know how else to explain it, but some of the phrases, idioms and general tone isn't very Snape, let alone British. Severus Snape is a(n at least) outwardly cold man with very precise diction and a wide ranging vocabulary. None of this comes across at all. He feels like an ordinary teenager from some American show. In other words: not Severus Snape.
tigerlily124 chapter 22 . 12/30/2012
Highest praise to you for this excellent addition to a great set of stories!
tigerlily124 chapter 21 . 12/30/2012
Loved the combined casting. Great job!