Reviews for Dies Irae
Sarahbarr17 chapter 5 . 10/25/2008
Thank goodness a cure was found! I was very anxious!

By the way, I am impressed that you research your fics so well.

Sarah x
demeter d chapter 5 . 10/25/2008
You did keep the suspense level high right up to the end! You know, your darwisa uses similar techniques to Aragorn himself. She uses a combination of natural herbs and calling on a higher power. I very much enjoyed their joining together to reach Aragorn. Faramir's best qualities do seem to come from his elven heritage.
slef chapter 5 . 10/25/2008
What a relief! :) Beautifully written, gripping tale! Well done and thanks for sharing :D
Siriusly Loopy chapter 5 . 10/24/2008
:D This is cute! I like Zafirah. She's pretty cool.
acacia59601 chapter 5 . 10/24/2008
Wonderful chapter and a wonderful story! As always, I'm very impressed!
JuliaAurelia chapter 5 . 10/24/2008
Yay for all involved, our Aragorn lives! Excellent ending for a very good story!
Virtuella chapter 5 . 10/24/2008
Ah, well done. I had feared after the previous chapter that with the arrival of this darwisa it would all resolve too easily. But Arwen and Faramir needing to establish a spiritual link with Aragorn was a cleevr twist, and a believable one. Good story!
Lady-Roisin chapter 5 . 10/24/2008
I absolutely LOVE the touch at the end of Arwen recieving the necklace. I was wondering what happened to it. I love how you ended it by saying another twenty four hours, reflecting back on the challenge theme of 24. It really and truly did feel like an episode of "24" to me. Loved it!
black4minister chapter 4 . 10/23/2008
another fantastic chapter, and i apologise for not reviewing the loast one, i missed it. i can't wait to see what happens next, update soon!
Silivren Tinu chapter 4 . 10/18/2008
I really like the darwisa. ;-) At first I feared she would not be willing to help, but luckily it seems she is a good person and capable of seeing a man for what he is, and not just as an old enemy of her people. I loved how Arwen took command in the end - without Arwen and Faramir's quick and decisive actions, Aragorn would have surely been lost. :)
Raksha The Demon chapter 4 . 10/17/2008
Enter the Darwisa; and she does not disappoint! Zafirah and Arwen bookend the chapter nicely; two strong and determined women exercising authority and coming together in the saving of Aragorn.
Raksha The Demon chapter 3 . 10/17/2008
Oh, I like Adiva; one very sensible woman; and her husband obviously appreciates her.

I love Faramir's descent to the picturesque and slightly sinister "Coiled Serpent" - excellent buildup to the mysterious darwisa.
Annawen Ereiniel chapter 4 . 10/17/2008

Thanks for another wonderful chapter. I was hoping this would be the one where Aragorn's crisis is resolved, but, on second thought, continuing suspense is good too! Just please don't drag it out too long...I'm on the edge of my seat waiting to see what happens. Content-wise, I was most emotionally moved in this section by the immense strength with which you imbue Arwen at the end of the chapter, and also by Zafirah's response to Aban's fear of her, which is (as I read it) somewhere between bitter and accepting that that's the way things are: people always fear difference and that which they do not understand (even when that fear is unfounded), and yet when they think the "other" will benefit them in some way, they will not shrink from trying to take advantage. That's a powerful ideological message packed into a very small space, one that invites a little moment of profound reflection from readers in the midst of all the action geared towards saving the King. Well done, as usual, and I look forward to the next update.
Stoneage Woman chapter 4 . 10/17/2008
This was great! I laughed out loud when the guard didn't recognize Faramir, and everyone was like 'what happened to your face?' I liked Zafirah, she has presence and personality. Arwen was my favorite though, her bitterness and sorrow, completely in-character given what we know of what happened to her after Aragorn died. Well done, as always!
mit chapter 4 . 10/16/2008
your fics are always so good

but i miss the scripture references you usually write for your other fics
71 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »