Reviews for Light Fingers
hermonine chapter 16 . 10/23/2009
nice story
NiRi's Narrations chapter 16 . 9/7/2009
I like to post my reviews from MEFA at an archive for the author.

An original look at life in Minas Tirith after the War and after Aragorn has become king. Among the poor, the orphans left behind, many are left to fend for themselves. The story follows one small family's attempts to survive and an encounter that changes everything. Vivid descriptions, moving emotions, the reader is swept up in Ivoreth's tale and her attempts to save and protect her younger brother and sister. Terrible circumstances lead Ivoreth down a road that forks when she meets an unlikely rescuer in Elladan. Learning to trust is not easy, but in the end, the peredhel manages to get behind Ivoreth's walls and she finds that life can be so much more than she ever expected. A new life, new clothes, a new family. Ivoreth even gets to meet King Elessar and Queen Arwen! Her life is never the same after her encounter, and never again will she need to live in the drains of Minas Tirith.

Ivoreth's tale is a moving experience the reader cannot get enough of. Told completely from Ivoreth's point of view, the reader is swept into the tale and cannot help but be moved emotionally by the hardships Ivoreth and her siblings face. The reader cannot help but fear, doubt and even hope alongside her as she faces challenge after challenge, the ultimate of which is can she ever learn to trust again. A beautiful story!
102352 chapter 16 . 6/8/2009
This story is really good!

Good job!
Larner chapter 16 . 6/6/2009
Excellently written, and very much a delight. It is too realistic a possibility, perhaps, and shows many of the problems Aragorn would have had to have overcome to bring peace to his new realm. And I've ALWAYS loved stories of Aragorn dispensing proper justice! Thank you for this!
Larner chapter 15 . 6/6/2009
A wonderful meeting, but I'm certain he's right about the trip! Poor thing! But she'll love the sights along the way!
Larner chapter 14 . 6/6/2009
Excellent! Yes, excellent! Horrible that such things have been done to innocents, but at least now they will no longer continue!

And Garlain will know the justice he deserves, as will those who took part in the abuse.
Larner chapter 13 . 6/6/2009
I do hope Aragorn does a great deal to stop these ill-begotten guards and so on from continuing on with these activities! And I find myself wondering if that WAS Daren!
Larner chapter 12 . 6/6/2009
It does sound as if Aragorn needs to do a thorough purging of the Guards! Aargh!
Larner chapter 11 . 6/6/2009
She is learning rather a lot all at once! Now, to see whether Garlain ends up before the judges! I rather hope so, really.
Larner chapter 10 . 6/6/2009
She's awakened the King to one of the worse details of his new home he'd not been aware of as yet. Now, to retrieve Daren!
Larner chapter 9 . 6/6/2009
And wait until she realizes who his sister is-and that the last child to play in Rivendell's halls was the king!
Larner chapter 8 . 6/6/2009
Ah, a cliffhanger! Wonderful that she's meeting an elleth. Now to learn why.
Larner chapter 7 . 6/6/2009
One more bit of openness, one step closer to Daren's return.

And perhaps there will be more comfort for those who dwell in the sewers and cisterns, and who must learn the luxury of trust.
Larner chapter 6 . 6/6/2009
A lovely healing moment, one she needs desperately. Now, to find her brother, too.
Larner chapter 5 . 6/5/2009
Oh, I doubt that Aragorn is that much better a healer than is Elladan, but being fully a Man has perhaps more luck healing other Men.
165 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »