Reviews for Slow Dancing in a Burning Room
taffanel323 chapter 4 . 11/28/2010
Love this story! So often with futurefic Blair is a society wife, so it's fun to see her accomplished and successful in her own right. I love how you write their interactions- please give us more!
penelope chapter 4 . 3/13/2010
update sooner than this please... ilove your story... it's beautiful and you discribe very good the characters... please update?
Blood Red Kiss of Death chapter 4 . 2/17/2010
*SQUEAL* I loved the flashback and Blair getting into interior design. That's awesome!

And the conditions and Chuck just being amazing. I love it!
Blood Red Kiss of Death chapter 3 . 2/17/2010
I love the flashback. And B getting into the tube with him! (and he has spare clothes! I love them as besties.)

B's good with catching Chuck and I love the initial thing. (But she didn't catch the trick. Oh, I love him.)
Guardian Izz chapter 4 . 2/17/2010
I am thrilled that you updated!

But I am slightly confused... so they were together, while she was in college, and then halth way through he cheated in her? -Just like that?

Cause honestly Chuck may be an ass but he has always been loyal and takes betrayal pretty seriously, every time he has been with another girl he never lied about it to Blair and they weren't ACTUALLY together, so he never ACTUALLY cheated on her - hurt her, yes and disappointed - absolutely... but never cheated.

And now you are saying that he suddenly just cheated on her out of the blue.

Or will you explain this in the upcomming chapters? I hope that you will cause if he just did a Nate 2.0 act on Blair, then I am not going to be able to forgive him, and I doubt Blair would either.

- He hasn't even appologised yet, so he better do that!

- AND he tries to manipulate her wihtou even trying to appoligising?

OR was it more complicated than that? I hope it was! Like a sort of Ross and Rachel break up, when they were in a fight, and on sort of "break"... so Ross slept with some nameless girl, and then Rachel found out, and couldn't look at him or trust him anymore, cause she considered him untrustworthy guy with wandering eyes...

I sit in THAT DIRECTION you are going?

I mean I suppose that I could understand. Especially if the reson for he break-up was the very fact that Chuck was jealous or insecure about Blair's actions. Like mayeb he asked her to move in with him but she said no, and on top of that she owuld be going away to Europe on exchange programe?

Or maybe, while hse was gone a for like 6 months in Europe she and Chuck became distant, cause he didn't trust her and saw pictures of her and other guys, having fun at parties, and so he cheated on her, wanting ot get even, and she came home early, and found him on the sofa in the middle or after the intercorse with some slut, and the both of them naked.

In any case, I hope he either didn't sleep with anyone else in his own appartment at all, or at the very least, they weren't in HIS BED, where no other woman but Blair has been - that is just disgusting, so the sofa oculd be a better choice... though I woudl prefer it not happening in the appartment at all, but rather her going to one of his clubs to surprise hima nd then find him doing the nasty with the slut.

It owuldbe even better if he saw her while he was going at it, and ran after her... but she ran away form him feeling complete and utter repulsion flowing through her body! UGH!

So anyway, update soon... can't wait to read more )
PattyWoods chapter 4 . 2/16/2010
i loved this chapter especially the amazing flashback,

beautifully written, well thought out,totally true to character. please continue.
BCBass chapter 4 . 2/16/2010
omg that chapter was so awesome, I loved all the banter between them and then Chuck's honest confession that he wasn't happy with how they left things off, but he understood her reasoning, and that he really just wanted her to do the project becuase she knew him so well and did such a good job with Victrola. I also love love LOVED the flashback, that is totally something Chuck Bass would do. Using the roundabout method to bring Blair to a conclusion that he had known for a while. I love that he knows her better than she knows herself, as he's told her once before ;-)
crimsonlipsivoryskin chapter 4 . 2/16/2010
"knowing him he probably just poofed in here in a circle of fire and brimstone" aw, loved it
laura34000lr chapter 4 . 2/15/2010
Loved this chapter!

Loved the way you describe Blair/Chuck's relationship, the fact that they know each other so well.

And I really like the way you write Blair's character: that she first wants to study fashion to receive her mom's approval and that she would do anything to please her.

I can't wait to read the next chapter.
D chapter 4 . 2/15/2010
loved it!
Hngauthier chapter 1 . 2/15/2010
I didn't remember this story when I first got the alert on my blackberry today - then I re-read the first chapter and I remembered how much I LOVED this story when I first read it!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE continue to write and develop this story! I can really feel that you know WHERE you want this story to go and that you have a lot planned! I can't wait - the first chapter especially made me LOVE the tension of this AU Chuck and Blair

Thanks for what you have written so far! - Heather Gauthier
Krazy4Spike chapter 4 . 2/15/2010
I had to go back and re-read this story because it has been awhile.

I like the storyline. Looking forward to the next update.
Kensley-Jackson chapter 4 . 2/15/2010