Reviews for Solid as Stone
Miniver chapter 3 . 5/17/2009
Interesting to see this view of the Long Winter as beginning in no special way. It makes the start of it almost more frightening; the Narnians who were away from the center of events would be clueless and unprepared at first, and later it would be too late to do anything. The epilogue is extremely foreboding. I'm glad you're continuing with this story.
Crossover Dreamer chapter 2 . 3/21/2009
I like the idea of hearing stories from various Narnians who were turned into stone. I also like how the dryad is dictating what Jasper is saying. Hmm. "Restless" and "loyal." I believe the word that Jasper is looking for is "active." I think that works.

Please update soon!
Sarai chapter 2 . 12/22/2008
Nice start.
All The Pretty Horses chapter 2 . 12/3/2008
Great job. It flows well and has just the right depth and emotion. Very well written. Please, update soon. I'm very interested.
LittleOtter chapter 2 . 12/3/2008
Wow, nicely done! (As always, of course) ;) ...trying to figure out what to comment on first...

I really like how you've... formatted this, for lack of a better word. I like how you used the third-person sections to show how hard telling the story is for Jasper - that doesn't come out so much in the part where he's actually talking. And Jasper's voice is great - conversational AND eloquent (and familiar too, lol). That's got to be a hard balance to maintain.

Awesome follow-up to the first chapter! I'm excited to see where this goes! :)
BabyBeaver chapter 2 . 12/3/2008
Again, awesome job! I'm really looking forward to reading more. Keep up the great writing. Jasper's story is intriguing... :)
pinkkittykat8 chapter 2 . 12/3/2008
Very interesting. Update soon!

I can tell by your writing that you're a much older and more serious type of person. It's a good change from the rest of the stories here at fanfiction.
Swanwhite2 chapter 2 . 12/3/2008
This is really great! I love the interaction between Jasper and the dryad. His hesitancy to tell his story his more than I would have imagined but I suppose being turned to stone never really seemed like such a horific event to me because of Aslan. More like falling asleep.

I like Jasper's way of speaking and I look forward to see where this goes. Keep up the good work.
elecktrum chapter 1 . 10/2/2008
Thanks for the shout out, Petra. This is a great start and I'm very much looking forward to seeing where it goes. Keep it coming!
Siberian Christmas chapter 1 . 9/30/2008
The potential is amazing! The determination thrilling! Jaspar himself is like a rock in his resolve to write this story down. Wow, what a gem! I nearly cried at the end of the prologue; just the prologue!

The depth to which you go is wonderful. I like to see more than just the shallow retelling of events we already know. To plunge down beneath the stony crust of these "countless others" is a treat, albiet a frightening one.

Keep it up, Petraverd!
Violamom chapter 1 . 9/26/2008
Oh, this is a lovely start, and a great premise! (Hurrah for extra fuzzy plot bunnies!) I can really feel his determination to endure the pain and discomfort for the sake of recording history, that others to come might know and learn. He has displayed his courage right there, before even a word of that history is told by you, and that is a great beginning to a worthy story! I eagerly await the coming tale.

God bless you! :-)
WiseQueen chapter 1 . 9/26/2008
I like this beginning! It's something that hasn't been written about much, I don't think - but it's an interesting concept, and I look forward to the rest of it.

"We are survivors, trying to cope with the memories of our past."

"We may be pained by these memories. But we must remember one other thing: not only are we survivors, we have been given a second chance."

"For as long as these memories plague our minds, her hold is still felt. Only when we let the flame left in our hearts grow enough to melt the icy chains that bind such thoughts to us will we be truly free."

Good stuff!
H Max Marius chapter 1 . 9/25/2008

You got most of my other thoughts with the beta feedback. But well begun, now keep your head as your feet pull you down the path.

*whistles* 'The road goes ever on and on...'

H Max Marius (Cherokee)
floppyearsthebunny chapter 1 . 9/24/2008
Wow! Petraverd, that's amazing
Swanwhite2 chapter 1 . 9/24/2008
*dances with joy* It's here! I was a little surprised to see it set in summer to begin with but I like it. His reluctance to tell his story and horror of it is not something I would not have imagined. It's rather like a holocaust survivor telling their story. But when I think of it, it makes sense. This is really awesome so far and I look forward to seeing more.