Reviews for On the Rise
Maddy Love Castiel chapter 5 . 12/22/2011
I really like this! For some reason this Cas makes me smile. He's so cute and sweet to Dean! Ugh but Sam makes me so mad. :) you are a fantastic writer! I noticed it's been a while since you updated, are you done with thus story? I think it's really good and that you should write more, but I understand that writing is hard. Lol like Chuck pointed out. No worries. :) Thanks for sharing this awesome story!
Kitty Black Cat chapter 5 . 9/4/2010
Wow this was actually really, really good. The first five chapters are very interesting and I found myself hooked on this story. I know you haven't updated in almost two years, but if you ever find inspiration and time again to continue this, then you really should. I'd love to see more of this. It was going in a really interesting direction. I really hope one day this story will be continued. In the meantime, just wanted to tell you how good a job you did on this!
kirallie chapter 5 . 11/20/2008
Interesting. Is Sam really just out for a walk? Will he tell Dean the truth? I really really don't like Uriel. Castiel though is growing on me. Keep up the good work!
Bjanik chapter 5 . 10/21/2008
whoa, this is definitely not a benevolent angel society. And my brain, it was wondering... what is their "real" form like, since these body's are just humans vessels? Do they have tongues in their natural form? When Uriel said he would rip Castiel's out, did he mean his angel tongue or the tongue of the vessel? Could he get another vessel if that happened?

Poor Dean, now he's asleep and Sam is up running around... aren't they ever conscious at the same time? No wonder they're out of synch with one another.
Neku the Last Reaper chapter 5 . 10/21/2008
Aww, Uriel, no need to be such a meanie. You were a nice guy in Angel Sanctuary.

And it wasn't your fault Michiru-chan, it should be me who apologizes. I thought you were furious with me. *nuzzles*
Bjanik chapter 4 . 10/4/2008
OK, so if physical contact of this nature is the path whereby Dean believes and is therefore saved and incidentally saves the world, I'm going to be pretty annoyed with a God that punishes Castiel for allowing that path. But there's nothing that says God can't be annoying.

I really liked the kiss, the idea that Dean could taste/feel some truth in there that he couldn't get through talking.
whatitdobootydoo chapter 4 . 10/4/2008
Hrm...I like it.

I just can't ever see a logical situation in which Castiel and Dean would ever get together, as much as I'd like them to! And before your's I had read some fanfics that are just too cheesy or fakey.

But I have to say, I like where you're going with this...

kudos!
quantuminferno chapter 4 . 10/4/2008
aw... Castiel saving Dean over w/o worry for himself is just too damn cute.

Really though. great chapter.
Neku the Last Reaper chapter 4 . 10/4/2008
*tackles* It's selective dyslexia! I thought you said an angel on her shoulder! So I jumped to wings, and then... yeah. *tackleglomps Kami-chan*

But I like this chapter. The ending was just adorable. *hugs Castiel* You're gonna be okay. Promise. _
Bjanik chapter 3 . 10/1/2008
Yippie, an update!

In the beginning I got a little disoriented because I thought Dean had suddenly done a 180 and admitted that Castiel was in fact an angel, what with the comment about Castiel going to give his host body a cold. But then I decided Dean was just dealing with the guy the best he could, if Castiel is convinced he's an angel, how else can he talk to the guy? It's like all those guys traveling with Don Quixote, just going along with his delusions in order to keep him pacified. I see as the chapter progressed Dean is still stubbornly denying the whole angel thing.

I take it there's a running gag regarding the pie.

Castiel is funny. I love characters that are complete dorks about normal stuff.
quantuminferno chapter 3 . 9/28/2008
Oh, Dean... you finally get your pie and you run out. I wouldn't mind seeing a hyper Castiel... that would be interesting.

great update. I love their dynamic in this fic.
Neku the Last Reaper chapter 3 . 9/27/2008
Yay! I know who cameoed! Yayayayay! *glomps*
Bjanik chapter 2 . 9/27/2008
Hey,

Decided to start reading this because I was looking for some better written stuff, and need to expand my fandom. Although I don't watch Supernatural! LOL, forgive me if I have to ask stupid questions later that everyone else already knows the answer to.

But at the moment I don't feel the need to ask anything. I'm able to follow what's going on, and feel engaged by the characters even though I don't have a preexisting attachment to them.

I was intrigued by the written presentation of Dean's little tirade against God, both expressing resentment of God while at the same time denying the existence of God- all the while every He and Himself and God are capitalized. I wondered about the capitalizing, it might be just an indication that in this story that God is a real entity (and perhaps a character), or maybe displays the opinion or even habit of the author, but since it occured in Dean's dialog it seems like it might be indicating that God is real to Dean. Just a curiosity to me, really, the kind of thing you can put into a written piece that isn't possible in say TV or movies.

OH, and then Dean dogmatically insisting of disbelieving in the face of evidence. That was laid out nicely to contrast to the more usual situation, people dogmatically clinging to some religious or superstitious belief in the face of evidence. So we can't even be annoyed with him, no more than we can discount someone's religious beliefs.
quantuminferno chapter 2 . 9/27/2008
yes, a great continuation. things are looking up for castiel.

love your story plot and writing (and who doesn't love Dean/Castiel)
Neku the Last Reaper chapter 2 . 9/25/2008
*smiles* Nice work yet again! Next chapter soon please!