Reviews for Mending Bridges
ccase13 chapter 2 . 4/10/2012
John should have taken that oppourtunity to tell Sam everything he knew and suspected about the demon.
sweetysmart0505 chapter 2 . 10/20/2008
Cute little addition! Seriously
supernatfem76 chapter 2 . 9/30/2008
Chapter 2 was excellent. I liked John and Sam's talk. I liked what John said about Sam that he was the heart of the Winchester family. I felt that you really captured Sam's guilt about Jess's death well. Great job!
ziggy.uk chapter 2 . 9/30/2008
Great second part Gill. Great how Sam realised he was more angry with himself than his dad, and that he couldn't blame his dad for what happened. Sad that he decided to take the full blame and guilt but awesome that John turned up at the lake and they had that conversation. John letting Sam know in no uncertain terms that it was not his fault despite his nightmares beforehand. Great little father and son moment, and so right that John told Sam that he loved him and pulled him in for a hug, something the youngest Winchester really needed, given their history!

Perfect!
sammygirl1963 chapter 2 . 9/30/2008
I am so gld you added this Gill because it truly complteted the story. I thought John was awesome in the way that he immediately started negating what Sammy said when Sam blamed himself for Jessica's death-John didn't even hesitate a fraction of a second in letting Sammy know he was wrong. WAY TO GO JOHN! And John even spoke the words that Sammy needs to hear from him once in a while-He told him that he loved him! I felt so content reading the end of this-you couldn't have written it any better!
Ghostwriter chapter 2 . 9/30/2008
Awesome. Catch ya on the flip side.
SamDeanLover28 chapter 2 . 9/30/2008
great.~Shante
kirallie chapter 2 . 9/30/2008
Glad they managed to clear the air and mend some bridges
RedDragen chapter 2 . 9/30/2008
Another wonderful chapter, I can't wait for more
irishgirl9 chapter 2 . 9/29/2008
That was wonderful! Great ending Peanut! Poor Sammy, he's breaking my heart. If there's one person who knows what Sam's going through with Jessica's death, it's John. What a horrible bond to share.

This is my fave part:

Kissing the top of Sam’s head he let his eyes roam to the lake and relished in the closeness of his son, a closeness that he hadn’t often shown, a closeness that had been greatly missed. Breaking the silence that had fallen between them after a few minutes he spoke. “What do you say we head back? I told Dean I was heading out for breakfast, he’s probably chewing his way through the carpet by now.”

Once again your writing amazes me!
darksupernatural chapter 2 . 9/29/2008
Hey Gill. I saw you posted after all. Figured I'd give you the review this deserves. I loved it. All the angst, Sam blaming himself for Jess, for Mary. It's typical of Sam. The harsh words exchanged and then the moment that made up for it were all perfectly written. Love the line about Dean chewing his way through the carpet. LOL. Great work throughout my friend. Catch you soon.

Kris.
kirallie chapter 1 . 9/26/2008
Glad John tried to explain why he did what he did. WIll Sam accept it?
supernatfem76 chapter 1 . 9/25/2008
This was more than just okay. This was phenomenal. I loved your descriptions of Sam and Dean through John's eyes. I also loved John's apology to Sam. I could picture John saying those words. Phenomenal job!
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 9/25/2008
That was great Gill! You got Sam's knee jerk reaction spot on when John decided to tell him the truth. You could sense that although he understood his dad's reasons he also felt betrayed that he had deceived him and pushed him away as at Stanford he also needed his family, especially when he was lonely. Plus there was also a guilt there, that if he hadn't gone to Stanford and met Jess, she would still be alive!

And loved Dean's comments, knowing his little brother so well, it was obvious to him that he just needed to let off steam and sort through what he had just been told.

From the A/N at the end of the chapter it sounds like you might add more. That would be superb as this one ended with Sam walking out!
darksupernatural chapter 1 . 9/24/2008
Oh my god Gill. There's one thing about this little one shot that stands out to me so much .YOU NAILED DEAN! dialog, emotions. It was like he was standing here beside me when he said his lines. That was totally awesome! Thanks for the read my friend.