Reviews for The Conservation of Names
Sophies-Welt chapter 6 . 9/30/2008
Wow, these chapters were brilliant, especially this last one! Hope you update son!
GabbyAbby chapter 6 . 9/29/2008
aww poor Allie. I know her sister is just trying to be sure her Allison is happy.

Hopefully both House and Cameron will see eye to eye in these matters of love.
lucindadixon chapter 5 . 9/27/2008
LMAO, that was hilarious! I especially liked this part:

"Now keep your eye on the flame, and listen only to the sound of my voice." At this point, Wilson yawns, causing Cuddy to give him the "Loser" sign on her forehead with her thumb and forefinger. Wilson was so...suggestible at times. Geeze!
Userunfriendly chapter 4 . 9/26/2008
The next chappie is the infamous "House is running a DDX with...SOCK PUPPETS!" chapter. With homage to Red Dwarf and Nina Conti...

The Foreman chapter is doing fairly well...I finally have an explanation for exactly why Foreman quit, one that satisfies ME...it is after all, one of the things that people were so...confused about at the beginning of season 4.

Userunfriendly chapter 1 . 9/26/2008
Limaccia, you're kinda missing the point of chapter 2. I wrote this whole exchange from Cameron's viewpoint...she wanted, she desperately needed some reason to explain why House pushed her away, rejected her love. She latched on to Asperger's as a way for her to explain why the man she so desperately loves doesn't, COULDN'T love her.

We all need a reason to explain things that we can't accept, we usually rationalize it...like Cameron did. House doesn't have Asperger's, which is something Cameron NEEDED to believe, needed for it to be true because that would mean that House considered her to be a mere girl, with a contemptible, and annoying schoolgirl crush. But my story will (and you've seen this already) make Cameron's growth, personal development and inner strength one of the main themes...and House obviously has been seeing that over 3 seasons..so why push her away?

The clue is...Stacy.

Within a few chapters, you will see why House pushed Cameron away, for reasons that will make sense to him...though perhapse not to anyone else.

This is the best part of being an author...torturing my readers as I post each chapter of a serial in (often) agonizing slowness...

(yes, I am evil)
Sophies-Welt chapter 3 . 9/25/2008
Great! Go on, can't wait for more!
Limaccia chapter 2 . 9/25/2008
Well, this is your story, so you can set it up anyway you like. But House doesn't have Asperger's; my brother does; my nephew may also. House is a genius at reading people and interpreting subtle nuances in their behavior.

Asperger's Disorder:

Although people with AS are of average or high intelligence, with no significant language problems, they have a qualitative impairment in social interaction. THEY TEND TO HAVE DIFFICULTY IN USING AND INTERPRETING NON-VERBAL BEHAVIORS, SUCH AS FACIAL EXPRESSIONS AND BODY LANGUAGE, as well as verbal conventions, such as conversational turn-taking, all of which help us understand the nuances of social interaction. People with AS usually have some pattern of restricted, repetitive and stereotyped behaviors, interests, and activities.

And House is VERY emotional. That's why he works so hard to suppress it and not show it to anyone. He's shunned significant female relationships because he IS so afraid of getting hurt - again. If you notice the way the show is set up, House only shows his "feelings" when no one who knows him is around; it is only Wilson who sees a little bit but still, that's mainly because he can "read" House so well. House doesn't show his feelings to Cameron & Cuddy, but they, too, can see it because they can read him almost as well. The most significant things we've learned about House have come from the flashback to his infarction crisis and from him telling strangers about his past - like vegetative state guy and the girl who was raped.
Sophies-Welt chapter 1 . 9/24/2008
Fantastic! Can't wait for more!