Reviews for All There in Black and White and Pink
Concolor44 chapter 1 . 1/2/2014
Jinx is a viciously complex character, and can be handled successfully (and correctly!) in about two dozen directions. She's just that versatile.

This side of her is one I've seen explored many times. Does she belong? Anywhere? How will she know? Who can tell her? Would she believe it if someone DID tell her?

You've done an excellent job of:
- - Exploring this side of her psyche, and
- - Keeping her FIRMLY in character.

And you did it all with impeccable grammar and sparkling dialogue.

Yep. Gotta add this one to Favorites. It's a moral imperative.
(I ran across this story in Cylor's Favorites list. Score another round for that tactic!)
CutieSOS chapter 1 . 11/24/2012
this was really good
mistakenot chapter 1 . 2/18/2010
Superb exploration of a realistic aftermath. Nice job adding some depth to the characters. I liked how you used the core Titans to draw out Jinx's thoughts and feelings. That's something sadly lacking in the canon and most fics.

Overall, thanks for a most satisfyingly crafted piece; wish I was surprised like this more often!
chaos-naga chapter 1 . 10/15/2008
This is very well-written and definitely an interesting read. The beginning kind of threw me off a little-is she going to suck face with Rob or not, you know? xD-but other than that, it was excellent.
Cylor chapter 1 . 9/29/2008
Really interesting character study of Jinx, and peripherally, of the other characters as well. Nice work, I like it a lot.
AlsoSprachOdin chapter 1 . 9/25/2008
Can't say this is bad, but compared to other TT-fiction you've written, this almost bores me. Guess that's what happens if you write "too" good stuff and the readers start getting expectations.

The most interesting part for me was Robin's view on Jinx, her not having changed as a person. It's something that really needed to be addressed after all her conversion and the many, many Jinx fics completely ignoring this.

Personally, I just don't like her character because she got a full pardon from a career of crime, and why? Because she hooked up with one of the good guys, essentially. Now, what does that say of her and the 'good guys'?

Mold *is* edible. If you've got metahuman digestion. And on that note, shouldn't Cyborg be the most tolerant to food poisoning (mumbles: ... then again... couldn't eat a few of Raven's pancakes... no problems with streetsigns... damn that Murakami...)

Cheap comedy prop? You evidently still have something against Fourth Wall-kun :-)

Ah, the secondary superpowers. So nice for when you have to bend the friction of air so you can talk in a normal volume while running on water, instead of having air scooped into you orifices with the power of a jet motor jammed down you lungs.
Somewhere In Time chapter 1 . 9/24/2008
It's pretty great, but just a few things.

Robin is very task-orientated, but he's actually the more trusting one - in the animated series, anyway. When Beastboy said "Then how can we trust her?(about Raven)" Robin answered, "She's our friend. What more should we know?"

Besides that, everyone was very in-character. Robin's little "speech" to Jinx is very likely too...:D
KF fan chapter 1 . 9/24/2008
Very good piece. The consistency and depth of your Jinx characterization was impressive. I also think you pegged Robin, Beast Boy and Cyborg pretty well. And the final part with Kyd Wykkyd was good too. Very good piece.
timkhj chapter 1 . 9/24/2008
Great fic. I really enjoyed seeing this side of the characters, as well as a great insight on Jinx. Good job!
KungFuTruffle chapter 1 . 9/24/2008
An interesting look into the mind of an underdeveloped character. I'm sure most of us can understand the feeling of wanting to be something, anything, rather than nothing, or worse, less than nothing.

I think including some girl talk would have helped round out the story as a whole. A passing mention of Raven and Starfire feels kind of shallow, when the entire reason Jinx was there was to get to know the whole of the Big 5, but only talked to the boys. It just feels... incomplete.