Reviews for North
clh chapter 6 . 9/1/2014
This is well written and everything, but I'm sorry, I just don't buy the whole Marlene McKinnon dating Peter Pettigrew thing, and I can even less see Peter being all noble and self-sacrificing and breaking up with her so Sirius could date her. (I also find the Sirius/Marlene fanon thing annoying at the best of times.) I get that you were trying to humanise Peter, but I think he just ended up being out of character and the situation simply not credible.

But I like the non-flashback parts of the chapter.
clh chapter 4 . 9/1/2014
Pretty good, but I hate the whole "Lupin is the brains of the the operation" fanon thing. It doesn't fit with what's said in the books.
clh chapter 2 . 9/1/2014
I like it so far.

Only one, maybe two, problems.

Hagrid told Sirius that Harry was going to live with his aunt and uncle so he should already know that he's not with Lupin. Or is the idea that he can't remember this detail at this point because of the dementors messing with his memories?

Also, I'm a little confused because it says it was published in 2008 and that's after Deathly Hallows came out, so why the non-canon version of James and Sirius's first meeting? Had you not yet read DH when you wrote this.
Her Fantasy chapter 6 . 6/19/2009
An entrancing beginning to draw the reader in; very well told. I love the way the prologue is written not from Sirius' POV but from, in fact, the reader's.

The little glimpses into the Sirius' past life are perfect for the way Sirius is feeling right now - he's doing lots of thinking now that he's finally able to think freely again without fear of his memories being sucked out.

I also love the way Sirius sees James' hand in the dying tree. A great addition to your story. Truly marvelous.

All in all, I really liked this story and had a wonderful time reading it. You are an amazing writer.
Ski000Girl chapter 1 . 11/7/2008
yay another story from you. I've over looked this for awhile in my inbox so i'm glad i'm finally getting around to reading it.
queenkiz chapter 6 . 11/7/2008
Oh my gosh. I'm loving this story so far...please keep writing it. It's so fantastic. I just love how you've captured Sirius. He seems so...broken. And I really like the difference you've created between Peter Pettigrew and Wormtail. It's so appropriate. Keep up the good work, this is awesome!
Miranda Took chapter 6 . 11/2/2008
Good chapter, and the little bit about James painting Sirius was hilarious.
Mamacita-san chapter 6 . 10/25/2008
you know, despite his perfidy, part of me wants to feel sorry for peter-DOES feel sorry for him as he was before voldemort got hold of him. after reading this chapter, how could you not? not many people spend time getting into peter's head, so i really enjoyed this chapter. nice going!
Miranda Took chapter 5 . 10/11/2008
And here I am again. I was kinda wanting to tell you in my last review that if you could update by the 10th I could perhaps read another chapter but I didn't want to pressure you or anything. I like the rats for lunch part, the day job reflection, the quidditch think(although I like to think James was a seeker)...the whole chapter was great. Till November then.
Mamacita-san chapter 5 . 10/9/2008
a stalker, huh? looks like james got on lily's bad side very early on! 12-year-old hormones, indeed...well, of course one can see her point! great chapter. your writing just keeps getting better and more professional the more you do it.
reader13 chapter 5 . 10/9/2008
ah well times like those when hormones absolutely suck
Miranda Took chapter 4 . 10/7/2008
Surprise! Ok, I got hold of a computer at my mom's place. And good chapter. And goodbye till November
moonray9 chapter 4 . 10/6/2008
Nice work! I really like it!Continue soon!
Zoe chapter 4 . 10/6/2008
Awh thats a great update ) cant wait 4 the next ;)
Mamacita-san chapter 3 . 10/6/2008
GOOD chapter! and hey, a freebie, you posted 4 as well! i like seeing this from sirius' POV. hardly anyone seems to spend time writing about him as a person with any real depth or seriousness of thought. so many of the marauder-era stories represent him as flippant and irreverent, which he probably was then, but it's good to see something of his life besides that, and even better to see these little gaps in JKR's story filled in as you are doing. thank you!