Reviews for Valiant Tales
Brownbug chapter 34 . 4/30/2011
Wow, this was a really interesting fic. I love how you showed all the different points of view of all the different people and how the Year That Never Was affected them. Well done!
Indigo1100 chapter 34 . 6/10/2010
Wow! This was amazing. I thought ever since seeing the episode that all the things that must have happened during that year seem very much glossed over. You more and more than made up for that. So many people, so different: brave, and loving, and faithful, and dedicated, and honorable, and cruel, and uncaring, and consumed. So many, so human. Because that's what human is. Really, really amazing. Thanks!
niver chapter 34 . 1/20/2010
Great chapter! Loved the "they were Valiant" bit.
rara saryn chapter 34 . 1/19/2010
Not as many reviews as I expected
niver chapter 33 . 10/17/2009
Gap year? Were they like, a pre-university teen? Ouch. Great little chapter, nice to see how they need people for even the smallest of jobs!
niver chapter 32 . 8/28/2009
Gah, the Master is such a creepy bastard. Just keeping her like that . . . gah.
niver chapter 31 . 6/22/2009
I literally have chills down my spine right now. That was a perfect example of creepy!Master and those affected by it. Yet another fantastic update!
niver chapter 30 . 6/19/2009
"I could have warned him: anything under pressure is always more dangerous when it gets loose."

How do you think of amazing lines like that?

Loved this. Yet another amazing addition to the Valiant crew. (Valiant crew sounds so noble, doesn't it?)
niver chapter 29 . 6/19/2009
These are . . . stunning. Each one can't be more than a hundred or so words, but you capture so much. The emotions, the personality quirks, the little details about their life pre and post arriving on the Valiant. I am just blown away by these.

"As my hands move, the console lights reflect off a gold ring on my left hand. Don’t remember where I got it. Perhaps I should remove it, so it doesn’t distract me. (I must obey the Master.)"

That was just perfect. Not even remembering that he must be married. Wow.

"I rejoiced when the Master's soldiers took everyone as slaves. They brought two of us to work in the laundry. We eat good food. Our overseer is strict, but he never beats us.

I hope the Master lives forever, so I never return to Earth."

Poor boy, imagine a life so bad the Valiant is better.

"Even though I’m not a real doctor, Doc Patel gave me his mug. Says he don’t need it. Got a gold caduceus, and it says, Primum non nocere. What’s that mean, anyway?"

Looked up what that meant, and I just about died right there. Sheer genius, including something like that.

Really, I could quote each one. They're all amazing.

You really included such a variety of who's on board, and wrote them all so well.

Great job. Can I assume we'll be expecting more?
Gilari chapter 28 . 4/1/2009
Professor Marie has no idea what she's in for. Or maybe she does, and is looking forward to it. Either possibility is pretty chilling.

How long are you going to make this story? Not that I want it to end, but I'm just curious. YOu're up to 28 vignettes now.
Ugolino chapter 28 . 4/1/2009
The Master is doomed. Not even he can stand up to Mary Sue. Nice one.
WalkInEternity chapter 28 . 3/31/2009
Even though they are only drabbles, you make each character feel real. Their thoughts and perspectives of the year-that-never-was brings new insights to what really went on.
Gilari chapter 27 . 3/27/2009
I guess this engineer didn't know what they were getting into when they signed on to the Valiant. No, there's no equasion for cruelty and hate. Logic cannot explain it.
Gilari chapter 26 . 3/9/2009
This reminds me of people in Nazi Germany, who argued later on that they were just following orders. But the cold, calculating way this aide thinks and acts is very chilling.
WalkInEternity chapter 26 . 3/9/2009
These are really interesting to read. It gives whole new perspectives on what happened.