Reviews for Singular Solar Eclipse
Cassidy chapter 6 . 9/9/2020
Nah I hate Quil for ruining that little girls life.

Like he went on the spirit quest to break to imprint so CLAIR can have a normal life.

Then he went and didn’t do it because “she’s the most important person to him”...like what? Why can’t she be that without the imprint?

Why can’t she be important to him without her losing her will to life a free like?

We all know she’s never gonna have a boyfriend or chrushes, cause “uncle Quil” is gonna be watching over her shoulder making sure she doesn’t have a boyfriend so he can have her when she turnes 16...does that not gross everybody else out?

He’s just selfish in my eyes, his reasoning for not breaking the imprint are about him. Not about what’s best for Clair.
SaintClaire chapter 1 . 8/10/2015
Like this heaps. I could get my head around Quil and Claire, but Jake and Renesmee was too much. I like him much better with Leah, but hadn't really considered them as a couple before. Good job.
Jane chapter 8 . 8/9/2014
Just re-read this story, still love it. Love the choices Jake makes. Love your snarky but not mean Leah. Love your Jake.
PastOneonta chapter 8 . 4/21/2014
Interesting story. Like other readers I felt Jacob's imprinting on Nessie was senseless tragedy. I respected him too much to want him to live life with vamps forever.
This story gave him options. I like that he and Leah found their way to each other, they were friends and leaders.
The beginning of the last chapter was well written as I thought Nessie was marrying Jacob. Nahuel was a welcome surprise. Thanks for writing and leaving your stories posted for newer readers.
Encypher chapter 8 . 2/27/2014
I'm never quite sure how I feel about Nahuel. On the one hand he and Nessie seem like they would be a good fit, but on the other hand, he creeps me out a bit. But if I guess everyone is happy then that is what matters. That was a really interesting idea about going on a spirit quest and breaking the imprint. It must be a hard decision to make
Jane chapter 8 . 2/25/2014
Thank goodness! Love Blackwater!
Jane chapter 6 . 2/25/2014
Wrong, wrong wrong. This imprinting is wrong. Not only will Jacob have to wait X number of years before he gets an adult relationship, not only does it negate his feelings for Bella, but it negates his whole identity! He is a Quileute protector, future chief, caretaker of his family and friends, and he's going to have to leave his life and his tribe and his culture and everything that makes him who he is, and live with vampires? That's the bit I hate the most. So yay Jake and Leah. That pairing is RIGHT!
Lahotes.Imprint chapter 8 . 2/7/2014
I knew it wasn't Jake's wedding but somehow the thought of Nahuel joining the story didn't cross my mind.
Savage.Grrrl chapter 1 . 1/10/2014
Taking courses at Seattle while still living in La Push? You do realise that's a 4 to 6 hour drive, depending on how fast you drive and the traffic.
Jane chapter 8 . 4/11/2013
Yay, Jake chose Leah! I'm a bit confused... The children he was supposed to have if he chose Nessie... Didn't you say her hea rt stopped beating? Didn't she finally stop growing? I thought her body was frozen then. Ooh well, doesn't matter! Great story, I'm looking forward to the sequels. Thanks for a good read.
Jane chapter 7 . 4/11/2013
Ok, you made the decision ages ago, too late to vote. I just have to read it. Hope it's Leah.
I am really enjoying the way you are flashing out the characters. Love your Jake.
Jane chapter 6 . 4/11/2013
Okay, this fic has been long finished (I just discovered it), but I have to comment on your author's notes. Whether imprinting is good or not, the fact that Jake imprinted on a half-vampire is just so WRONG. It means he has to follow the Cullens? Ok, so he wont age either, if he continues to phase, but with Bella in the picture, considering their relationship and how he feels about her choice.. ... Just wrong. Vampires are the enemy, for goodness' sake. So I'm all for Jake breaking it. And as I read on, I'msure that will happen.
luv4ed chapter 6 . 10/9/2012
I totally get where you are going with this...by trying to keep the argument about imprinting a fair fight between the pro and anti- imprinting groups. However, I feel like your logic of Quil's imprinting after the quest, to be a little flawed..which has consequently made the story seem a little foggy.

I mean Quil mentions that the quest is to help u make a decision - to help u see what u need to in order to make a decision - but then he mentions how he also found out that this is what is best for Claire . Which begs the question: If the quest allows u to make the decision then doesn't that mean that your bias towards the situation could make u believe that 'this is what's for the best'?
If it is then that would mean that the quest really is pointless because anybody who didn't really want to break the imprint in the first place (because they maybe "pulled a Sam", or don't want to accept the fact that they always had a choice, or don't want to face a life where they don't have this perfect magical love) wouldn't have to...which makes this quest kind of a waste. I mean, Quil said that leaving the imprint was what was best for Claire, but if he never wanted to end the imprint in the first place (which he didn't), then of course he would believe that right? How does he know what would be best for her, if all the gods are doing, are allowing him to make a decision? The same was said about leah, that she did what was best for her..that she "needed" to break the imprint.
I mean if all the quest does is allow u to choose between an imprint and free choice then all this apprehension and debate amongst the pack members seems sort of frivolous since it isn't like the gods or whomever are predicting your future or flat out breaking your bond...they are just giving u choice...and if u didn't really want to end the imprint in the first place, then this quest won't work which means that no one who doesn't actually want to end the imprint should waste their time.
Plus this also begs the question: If u have been imprinted and have accepted your imprinting like most of the pack - with the acception of leah - why would u ever want to not be imprinted? why would u ever want to go on a quest (for u and not b/c u promised someone u would). I mean isn't a large part of imprinting, the lack of free will...to NOT be able to not want to be imprinted? Imprinting practically equals being happy...the only one that we know of that isn't happy is Leah and that's because she was the only one who hadn't accepted it. Jacobs situation is a little murky since so far he is the only one we know of who has accepted his imprint and seems not as happy but your plot doesn't explain why he doesn't seem as happy as his pack members if imprinting is supposed to make u happy once u give in to it, but even that doesn't make sense because Sam too didn't initially accept his imprint, yet he could not resist the pull and he's happy.
But then that could bring up the question of whether or not imprinting was a matter of 'only the weak willed accept it'..ppl u would rather not question things?idk

I don't know, I just feel like by u trying to present a solid argument for both sides, after spending so much of the story arguing only from an in-depth, anti-imprinting perspective allowed for some plot holes to arise, in my view...now maybe it could have been more clear had both arguments been presented equally from the start? Now I haven't read the last two chapters yet so I don't know if these questions will be addressed but this new discovery did make the story feel more...forced (for lack of a better word). Up until this point the story flowed very freely and seemed almost effortless on your part, but now I can practically feel u trying to write the plot in a way that will make . I think that over-analyzing about imprinting, which u would need to do in order to present the type of solid argument for both sides, like you are trying to do, can make things complicated in a plot like this. Mainly b/c Stefanie M. didn't really make the concept of imprinting as perplexing and deep as we fan-fictioners tend to make it, lol, so trying to present strong equal arguments for it can get a little wonky and bring up a whole slew of other complicated questions...or at least imo. :)

As for your opinions about why u were okay with Quil&Claire when u weren't for Jake&Nessie...I felt very similiar but I have to ask, is it possible that Quil's imprinting didn't bother u b/c his character simply wasn't that important to the novel?
Isn't it possible that as a way to justify our contradicting feelings towards the two imprinting situations, we have put it off as Quil having a different personality than jacob...but we never really got to know eactly how Quil felt when he initially imprinted (or so I think, I haven't re-read the saga in a little while)..for all we know he could've been horrified at first. Don't get me wrong, I too didn't care too much when Quil's imprinting was mentioned yet I was really upset about Jake and Reneseme b/c of his whole love for Bella and his blooming ship with leah, oh and his imprinting seeming like an ill-placed plot device...but it's food for thought..to wonder if maybe there really isn't some deep rooted difference, that maybe quil just wasn't that important for us readers to get too emotionally invested in his imprinting . I don't know..this is yet another difficult thing to really pinpoint since the details about Quil and his imprinting were also pretty vague.

Sorry this is so long, but u seemed like the type who would be interested in hearing some objective arguments or some constructive feedback. I'm no literary pro or anything and for all I know all of my arguments probably have been answered or don't really hold water, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to put it out there :)
GalanthaDreams chapter 8 . 8/28/2012
There is just an incredible sense of fulfillment upon reading this story. You wrote something wonderful.
Clara Meliza chapter 2 . 6/28/2012
"He hangs around Embry and Quil just as much, but no one seems to care about that. Maybe if they all had boobs everyone would just shut up."

I laughed so hard at this, you have no idea. XD