Reviews for To Protect What Is Precious
BluJay16 chapter 7 . 5/25
Okay, tbh, ur an amazing writer. I adore you story, I adore all of ur stories. Continue writing! Don't let the flames burn you down!
bookwriter123456 chapter 15 . 2/1
OH MY GOSH I LOVED THIS CHAPTER! I THOUGHT ELITA WAS DEAD BUT THEN SHE WASN'T AND YAAAAAAYYYY! AND CHROMA AND INRONHIDE'S REEUNION! THAT'S EXACTLY AS I IMAGINED IT WOULD BE LIKE! PROWL! OH MY GOSH IS THERE A SEQUAL THERE BETTER BE A SEQUAL I GOTTA GO ON YOUR PROFILE AND SEE IF THERE'S A SEQUAL...AWSOME WRITING BY THE WAY THIS IS AMAZING!
Goldspark1 chapter 11 . 6/28/2015
I love this chapter. Really shows the buildup of emotions between the siblings. I truly don't feel bad about anything because now the siblings know more about each other and now they can trust a little more. Also, thanks for kidnapping Nolan. It proved that Nolan is just as fragile as Aila when compared to transformers.
Goldspark1 chapter 8 . 6/28/2015
I like the part where Aila showed a backbone. She knows the danger but wants to help Elita anyway. I admire her for that, to bad Nolan thinks she needs special protection when he is just as vulnerable as her. I hope his overprotectiveness and male stupidity cause more trouble later. Love conflict.
Goldspark1 chapter 7 . 6/28/2015
Man I am kind of disappointed how similar Nolan is to his farther. Not trusting his sister with sensitive topics even though its been proven she can keep a level head even in extreme situations. Like when she first meet Elita one and did the smart thing and ran back to the house once out of her shock.
Guest chapter 4 . 5/18/2015
In my opinion, if I ever met someone as VILE as that man I would have shot him POINT-BLANK. There are very few things that could ever get me angry enough to just point a gun at someone. Seriously, I've personally seen what Those kind of people are like, if you can stop them then DO IT.
(Sorry about the rant, people like that disgust me. I do like your story so far though.)
ShiftFrame chapter 14 . 9/6/2014
DAMN IT IF SHE DIES I WILL PERSONALLY COME IN TO YOU'RE HOME AND CUT OFF YOU'RE FINGERS!
ShiftFrame chapter 13 . 9/6/2014
WWWWHHHHHHAAAAAATTTT!
Guest chapter 11 . 2/14/2014
Aine the human Red Alert XD
Luna Uchiha666 chapter 15 . 10/13/2013
I really love this story! One big roller coaster ride of emotions and drama! Keep up the good work and now I'm going to see what else you have. Keep up the good work!
LucasVN chapter 15 . 10/15/2012
Long winded review coming up.

Like many other readers, I found this fic through its spiritual parent, "Twin Times the Fun." I have already read and loved "Twin Times'" and I can definitely see its influence on this story in both the plotline and some of the subject matter .

First and foremost, I must praise your handling of the dramatic side of the story, namely the O'Connell's family dynamics. Domestic abuse is a terrible thing, and your handling of this sensitive topic is realistic enough to drive it home, without being too overbearing. The manner in which you concealed the full extent of the abuse until the later parts was a nice twist as well. Overall, you give the story the perfect amount of dramatic tension. And Richard got what he deserved in the end, of course.

Within the Transformers franchise, the femmes are definitely controversial. They aren't liked by many fans, and one theory (falsely) suggests that they were created in response to complaints from women's-interest groups. In any case, they aren't often developed very well, and I like how you shed some light on them here. As the femmes weren't canon in Movieverse at the time you wrote this, I like how you incorporated them in here. Your views on the femmes and their role in the war, and in particular their command relationship with the rest of the Autobots, are insightful and well-thought, and do some justice for them.

The plot thread involving Elita's pursuit, and eventual confrontation with Onslaught, is not too unusual, but not unoriginal. In particular, the final confrontation between the two was quite surprising the way it turned out. One thing I've noticed throughout my reading of Transformers fanfics is that while Decepticons may have the tactical advantage in with their powerful weaponry, war-geared alt modes, and their willingness to play dirty, the Autobots have the strategic advantage with discreetness. Elita taking Onslaught down the way she did was a brilliant example of that. But, I thought she was dead for a moment when ‘Slaught’s final surprise went off…

The character interactions and dialogue were spot on throughout, but my favorite was the little bit at the end with Ironhide an Chromia. Of course, they’d fight viciously upon meeting again after so long…

One other thing that stands out is your choice of alt mode for Elita. Given your descriptions of Elita’s height and her alt mode, you conformed to the Movieverse design rule that the size of the robot modes are directly proportionate to the vehicle modes in volume. I’m not sure if this was intentional or not, but it fits. While Michael Bay may not pay much regard to good stories or tasteful cinematography, he sure pays a lot of attention to visual detail and realism.

All in all, the only problems I found with this story were a few grammar and spelling errors. There were a couple of confused homophones here and there, namely, their/there/they're. Also, on a few occasions, you feel to the very common mistake of confusing verb tenses; specifically, using the present tense where past tense ones would have been more appropriate. For example, /has/ instead of /had/. Lastly, although it is not a serious issue, you indicated emphasis with underlines. Professionally, italics would be more appropriate for that purpose.

Overall, a very fulfilling and meaningful story, and one of the best movieverse fics on the you. :)
Dragon of Yin and Yang chapter 1 . 9/29/2012
Wonderful story! One of the best transformer fics I've read!
Navaka114 chapter 10 . 4/11/2012
Oh my goodness... I finally understand what their mother did...it seems Nolan has even a better reason to protect Aine than any of us could even begin to fathom...
Navaka114 chapter 9 . 4/11/2012
I am quite pleased at how you didn't just forget about the five college students (though annoying in the 'I didn't mean to, but totally messed up everything that the 'bots have ever worked for' type way), and just throw them off to the side like most authors do once certain characters have lived their usefulness, but i personally think that it's awesome that you having what they probably really would do despite being in the main story for all of an hour or so

OoO. Aine doesn't know? And somehow it doesn't surprise me! (because I'm rather certain that's what Nolan would say and do, and that he is correct due to the book and about how he is the older one thus knowing the truth) but to lie like that...OoO
Navaka114 chapter 2 . 4/10/2012
MAN! I didn't even consider it could be a femme! I'm so ashamed to even regard myself as a femme fan... And Elita-1 is one of my VERY favorite Valkyries to mute point!