Reviews for A Matter of Trust
JeanneZ84 chapter 1 . 9/27/2008
Yes I agree actions do speak louder then words.

I think this is a wonderful story on trust and juist wonderful examples of it.

I know its not easy with these guys to tell the other how they feel but its the things they do for each other and the way they are towards each other and things they just do for the other that are the most important in the trust issue.

I just loved this story.

You did a very good story that expresses that trust that they have in each other and yes that trust came very quickly in there relationship.

JeanneZ84
sbishoff chapter 1 . 9/27/2008
This was great. Yes actions can speak louder than words, and these two have always managed to get the message across. Thanks for sharing.
cheride chapter 1 . 9/26/2008
Well, not to just copy cat all the others before me, but I really like the way the wallet demonstrated the idea of the evolving relationship.

But you know what I thought was really neat? The opening bit of dialogue that you had to take out of pure transcription and "story-fy". I thought the small added bits of narrative and dialogue tags both fit perfectly, and helped to expand the scene, setting the stage for what followed.

I'm glad you answered the challenge.
smithcrafter chapter 1 . 9/26/2008
Very well done. It really emphasizes the subtleties of the communication of friendship between Milt and MArk.
owlcroft chapter 1 . 9/25/2008
Wowie, what a great story! It's not that I'm surprised, but I _am_ impressed. Loved the way you balanced it all at the end, and it's right in character for both of them. You've got the knack of capturing them in dialogue and the way you wove the episodes together is very well done.

Let me add my voice to those imploring you to write more. Lots more and soon, please!
302pilot chapter 1 . 9/25/2008
Very nicely done! What a great moment to expound on. I knew the judge's 'checking of the wallet' had to have more of an impact on Mark then what we saw on-screen. Thank you for filling in those spaces. Using the wallet as a tread to tie in those other moments was a nice bonus. This was one of my favorite parts:

True, some of his ideas were a bit far out, but his heart had been in the right place. Hardcastle started for a moment as the idea took root.

His heart’s always been in the right place.

That was the basic difference between McCormick and Beal. Not who was smarter, or faster, or better behind the wheel. Only one of them had what it took to make this little retirement project of his work, and it sure wasn’t Beal.

I'm so glad that almost from the start, the judge knew Mark had what it took to back him up-in spades. It really didn't take him all that long to trust him...but we already know that!

Thanks so much for a great story! (write more, please!)
Georgi1961 chapter 1 . 9/25/2008
Very cute! I love the idea of the wallet woven throughout-their own personal symbol of trust. And what a nice touch to have Milt offer his own type of apology/explanation for checking if all his money was left in the wallet the first time. Seems very in character.

THANKS
L.M.Lewis chapter 1 . 9/25/2008
Very good. I really like the wallet as a recurring theme-how an unintended insult evolves into the perfect gesture, used in place of words that both guys would find hard to say.