Reviews for We All Fall Down
orlyorly chapter 1 . 1/5/2013
oh my god. whoah.

it has so much emotion boiling and freezing at the same time, all with Bookman-Lavi fight. And the strongest part of it is that i dont know who won.
fading ink chapter 1 . 3/9/2012
/"Allen."

Allen doesn't hear him, speaking to a customer and holding out his palm for the coins.

"Allen."

And this time Allen looks up, eyes darting around to determine the source./

The moment I read that, I knew I was going to love this. And I was right.

This story is wonderful - a mature and realistic take on Lavi's life after the Order. I... used to be able to gush on about stories I liked and what I liked about them, but this. I'm-

I'm sorry; it's just that reading this has left me so chocked up with emotion. That's how amazing it was. Is. So many complicated emotions and unspoken words woven around and giving meaning to what would otherwise be a perfectly normal domestic setting. I liked the interaction between Lavi and Allen - like nothing had changed, but 'It is all a lie; they have all changed. Painfully. For the best.' The Allena was classic, Miranda/Lavi surprisingly... not poignant or... I don't know, but it doesn't seem out of place. It doesn't follow a fictional romantic formula of any sort, it's what a real-life relationship might be like, and it fits the atmosphere of the story perfectly. Miranda herself never makes an appearance, but the nuances in the dialogue were unmistakably hers. The brief mentions of Kanda, his bracelet, the letter that really didn't say much but actually said so much more... Oh Kanda. ;_; Everything about this piece screams 'life' and 'moving on despite-', and that Lavi chooses to take Luke in, take Luke with him, at the end, comes across as, well, it feels /right/. A closure of some sort, enfolded in such an unexpected gesture - it finally starts to feel like Lavi (Bookman, Heart, whatever) had come to terms with some things, you know? And the poignant repetition of 'I'll remember you. Remember me.' just about tore my heart out.

You did an amazing job with this - I hope you know that3 And I do hope you'll continue writing for DGM, because I think you understand these characters on a level that most writers can't even begin to comprehend. Ja!
Athena Keating-Thomas chapter 1 . 10/17/2011
Wow, there were just so many aspects to this story that made it full of awesome. The situations, the emotion, the development, the dialog, the description...

Just a wonderful read.
Mikani Arami chapter 1 . 11/8/2008
wow, this story is just,... wow. I loved it, and I feel in love with lil Luke. Did he end up trotting the world with Miranda and Lavi or did he stay with Kanda? Or are they all going together,... that was a bit confusing.

Will you make a sequel with the little baby being born? Please? Pretty please?
xmystorytime chapter 1 . 10/4/2008
This... it's heartbreaking and horrid and so utterly... -fantastic-. The story was well written, everyone was IC (well, as much as can be...) and I like how you glossed over the exorcist and their Innocence without actually ignoring it. Of course, I was really entertained by the married couple life, and quite a few times I ended up snorting into my hand with laughter.

I also hate this, because its so heartbreakingly realistic. Regretful. I'm a happy ending person and there was no happy ending, but... yYou did a superb job, you should be so proud. Thank you for writing.

- xmst
Ghost of the Crescent Moon chapter 1 . 9/28/2008
That was unbelievable, I am in awe and also mad with jealousy over your talent. The story was so wonderfully emotive, there was such a feeling of regret and sadness weaving through it all, it left me in tears by the end. Outstanding!
Fallia chapter 1 . 9/26/2008
This is my favorite thing you have written. It's pretty amazing. That is all.
Akky-chan chapter 1 . 9/25/2008
First of all, I really love your writing style and the way you set up the plot. everyone was really in character (and Allen would look hot if he smoked). I also like the way you had an open ending that didnt just cut you off harshly. All in all, congrats! It was great!

but, I do have one complaint about your stories... LENGTH! *dead* I'm sorry, but it took me THREE HOURS to read this! It would probably not have been so horrible if you had used chapters, rather than just throwing it all in your reader's face at once. It's a lot of information to digest and I think I must have missed at least several bits of information in the process.

I am not critisising your work, so please dont take this as a flame or anything similar, but please... for the sake of your reader's eyes and being able to stop, rest, and still find your spot an hour or so later... chapters?
IOTR chapter 1 . 9/25/2008
That was so beautiful, in every aspect and description. I spent like, a half hour reading it. T.T I feel like crying. The sadness and nostalgia and... just EVERYTHING about this is awesome. I can't even describe the utter pwnage.
reader chapter 1 . 9/25/2008
gawd that was wonderful. i think i'm going to cry now.