Reviews for Turning Points
PeachesArt4Life chapter 1 . 1/19
Justin's an adult. No one had a right to know that he was raped except Brian. The person who he's in relationship with, period. After that, it's choice who knows. His decision to make. His, and his alone! That wasn't Brian's story to tell. Just because Jennifer's Justin's mother, doesn't give her the right to know. When you're raped, you deal in stages. You're stuck in time. You're in a dark hell! Being tortured Constantly! Each raped victim deals differently, at a different pace and in different time. Again, his choice is stolen! Already feeling as though he doesn't have a right. His choice and liberties taken away. Like being raped all over again. Also, once again Michael's not at fault. Easily forgiven, after basically telling everyone! I don't care how it got out! What a joke! He shouldn't have told Ben period. He could have simply said that he and Brian were in a dispute about something Justin confided in him with. That he's not at liberty to say. That it's Justin's story to tell!
PeachesArt4Life chapter 1 . 1/19
Also, Michael was cruel and pushed Justin, while being in the emotional state he was in. Michael badgered him. He may not have known exactly what, but he knew that there was something wrong. That it was bad, from the information that Brian had shared with him. Again, selfish and heartless. Once again, things going unsaid, in Justin's defense. Brian believes that Justin willingly told Michael! Brian thinks that Justin trusted Michael! That's so not right!
PeachesArt4Life chapter 1 . 1/19
I hate the way writers throw excuses in there for Michael! Especially directed at Justin. Michael is to blame for not telling Brian immediately. Brian's Justin's boyfriend. Of course don't tell anyone else, but he should've told Brian right away. Michael is scandalous, when he felt threatened, he threw Justin to the wolves. Saying that Justin hadn't told him either. Justin hadn't told Brian for very different reasons. Justin's a rape victim for crying out loud. As I ! His emotions are raw and bare! You just want to shrink away to never having even existed, if that was the twisted fate life sealed within your path. To feel no more! You want to disappear at the thought of, the one person that you're closest to in this world, knowing. Afraid that they will see what you now see. Pure disgust, ruined! Complete impurity. So, completely different! I hope this changes in this story. You, the writer allowed Michael's defense ( of throwing Justin to the wolves ) to fly somewhat, if not completely. By allowing Brian to mentally agree with him. That's seriously MESSED UP! Michael get away with so much, but this just takes the cake. Like Justin thought and as we all know, when it comes down to it, his only concern is for Brian! The very moment he felt that his friendship with Brian was truly threatened ( & there was no sensing of any forgiveness ) , he threw Justin to the wolves! Case & Point!
MissesHermioneMalfoy chapter 20 . 8/20/2015
So I've been holding off on giving this a review for probably 200,000 words. I've been reading it for something like 2-3 days now. I have never and don't think I ever will see such an honest and heartfelt story about trauma that does not warp a character. Not only have you honestly and painfully, sometimes graphically depicted the pain real people go through from this kind of experience but you have done it justice.

I was very skeptical when you decided to have Justin try to kill himself. That could have played out in so many ways. I feel that handled it with the gravity it deserved and haven't rushed either Justin or Brian through the healing process. I realize writing a story like this is painstaking and as a fellow writer I can honestly say that it feels you gave as much to this story as there was to give.

My only critique would be I'd like to see less of Justin's thoughts. Sometimes it feels like we read the paragraph for 3 pages. I realize that's probably what a trauma victim sounds like in their head. So I'm not sure you could change it but sometimes it's very difficult to read.
Doctor ten chapter 9 . 3/22/2015
Sandid chapter 36 . 2/6/2015
One of the best fan fics I've read in years. I'm glad I was able to read it completed. What a joy
SandiD chapter 23 . 2/6/2015
Basically, I've become addicted to this story. I started reading a couple of days ago after running across it on someone's list.
I think about it, read when I get home from work. Read at lunch, read in the night.

This is fantastic.
ShinaV chapter 36 . 9/11/2014
This is the best thing I've read in a long time. The emotion is so real I felt like I was really going on this journey with them. I loved this. It absorbed me for almost a full week, and I was dead to the world as far a much else was concerned. Very enjoyable. And everything had closure. The ending was perfect. I wish more fanfics were written like this one, with real thought and good, thorough detail. Definitely in my top 5 faves.
livedays chapter 36 . 8/10/2014
I don't know if your still around I realize this story was written some time ago but I just found it and read all of it in one weekend! It was so good. I laughed some but I cried more. I'm fairly new to QAF but I'm obsessed with B/J and hated the way the show ended. Great story thank you Ro
nickynad13 chapter 36 . 8/10/2014
This is one of the best stories I have ever read in my life. I regret nothing. Took me about four days to finish it.. Life and job got in the way but man, kept me hanging on and I loved it! Thanks
nickynad13 chapter 20 . 8/7/2014
Oh man, Im so happy he doesn't have it, I hope he is ok at his six months check up. Damn I just want to skip ahead so badly , just to see if there will be a happy ending. This is so painful!
Rocia Mixan chapter 36 . 7/12/2014
Very good story - I love it!
MADStar529 chapter 36 . 4/17/2014
Awesome story. So well written.
Minx chapter 36 . 2/1/2014
Just...wow. It's not often I have the patience to read through such an extensive fic, but I'm so glad I did. The characterization here was absolutely flawless... The way you were able to take such a taboo subject matter and manipulate it in such a manner that truly respected what a victim's mindset might be like... The impeccable attention to detail... I've read MANY fics in my day, but this one is by far the most talented piece I've come across. Thank you for sharing your gift, your imagination, your creativity and emotion with us all.
Eugenia75 chapter 36 . 1/28/2014
Hi, I love this fic, it's so painful, touching, but also full of love and hope.
Great job, thanks for sharing

Sorry for my english, but I'm italian :)
Eugenia