Reviews for Gone
Allura99 chapter 1 . 10/15/2009
Mal is a hard character to write but you do a good job getting into his psyche and how he would respond to Inara leaving. Nice job.
lobelia chapter 1 . 6/27/2009
aw :(

I love Mal. I liked how you used the slang, "all kinds of a bastard," it really worked well. And "gorram" haha I sometimes say that without realising and get weird looks for it. Oh one other thing, there were a few spelling mistakes in this, little things like letters left of the end that I tend to zone in on.

But otherwise: aaw! Reading back over this I think it's soo cool. Feel so sorry for him.

Great job!
The Dream Guardian chapter 1 . 6/22/2009
Wow sad but beautiful. You writer a very powerful pieces, great job.
Emerald-Rosalie chapter 1 . 1/28/2009
Oh god. *cries*

You are such a fantastic writer!
Malinara chapter 1 . 10/2/2008
Sad and beautiful at the same time ... I feel so sorry for Mal

Great job!
RionaEire chapter 1 . 9/28/2008
Poor Mal, I feel bad for him because this story is so well written. I particularly like your expressions/phrasing which not only captures the vernacular but adds a layer of complexity to the perdicament Mal finds himself in. I've never been in love so I can't identify specifically but someone I loved moved away and I thought something must happen to stop it, like the world would unravel if she left because she was like a sister to me. So I understand some of it. You have lots of potential and I look forward to reading more from you.

writtenwordlover chapter 1 . 9/26/2008
This captures Mal's feelings of regret and loss very well, after Inara leaves.

Hopefully, post Miranda, he will have an opportunity to make amends with her.
GillianRose chapter 1 . 9/26/2008
This is so sad, beautifully done. The way he is reproaching himself, it really shows how his better self is at odds with a lot of what he does. I thought this was especially perceptive: "barging in on her and making her feel uncomfortable in her own home." And this: "It ate at him that he had shown her a world of blood shed and crime, things that a woman like her should never even know about." Because Mal knows better, he has a core of decency and civility, despite many of the choices he makes. The painful futility of regret, of trying to undo what's been done: "For her he would take back and do so much, would have treated her better for starts, never once would have called her a whore, or say anything at all about her being a companion." And hearing her cry? You put Mal through a lot in one short fic...well done.