Reviews for Brain Damage
Bikami chapter 1 . 6/19/2010
This was... wow... Don't really know how else to describe it...
Angel Fantasy chapter 1 . 3/26/2010
I SO like this story. *favs* everything in it was great!
this be a dead account chapter 1 . 5/28/2009
This story was guaranteed a favourite like. Three paragraphs in. xD

I love your formatting, your descriptions, dialogue, action.. Fuck, this is amazingly wonderful writing.

Thank you so much for posting this!

The way you wrote Kanda's sick sadism and absolute insanity, then how Lavi still loved him hence making them both crazy, then... ahh, the abuse! I'm a whore for abusive relationships. /3

Thank you SO much!
Harmony283 chapter 1 . 4/12/2009
(this is the same Harmony283 that you linked the story to from D. Gray Divinity. net -for clarification-)

The first thing I'll say is it's definitely an interesting concept (Like I said, I'm not opposed to lavi!uke but it takes certain conditions to be met before I can see it clearly enough)

and now for the CC (forgive me if it's harsh, I'm very picky about...this...-blames Creative Writing class last year-)

I think you switch 'are' and 'is' around a few times, to where it sounds awkward (like in the very beginning), it's not necessarily wrong, but it just sounds off...

effected needs to be affected

um in some places it seems like words are missing(?) or generally it's worded odd (ex. "Lavi was the one who had it worst though" 'had it worst' sounds REALLY off to me. Try adding in a 'the' before worst? ) and 'simply put it' you could say 'to put it simply', etc...

My favorite excerpt from this is actual Bookman's view on it (starting with Naturally, Bookman...and ending with And so the time passed by) very well done -nods- I liked the tone of it.

and again, missing a word "Next moment, Kanda..." add in an "In" at the beginning? "as Kanda let go of Lavi's hair, now running" Um...I can tell this is probably being done for visual cues and such, but it sounds like you're tryign to make 3rd person into 1st and it's not really working...

also can't picture Kanda saying "Onto" (especially in the given situation) "On the bed (now)" sounds more gruff and...um "I'm ready to screw you" esque -can't believe she just said that -cough-

But regardless...I have to say I think...maybe at some parts this should have been written in 1st Person, simply because of the emotion you're trying to convey while writing it (like, the dialog between Lavi and Kanda was spot on, but when describing the actions in 3rd person it felt too disjointed, and not entirely...I don't want to say 'like it didn't mean anything' but then 'too analytical' doesn't make much sense either, but I'll go with that one for the sake of saying something)

But you've caught my attention definitely. And, true you accomplished what you needed to in this but again, this is taking the pairing to another kind of 'extreme' to make Lavi the 'uke', which I said I could see, but it still makes me uncomfortable.

(I hope to see more from you though! Keep it up!) -and sorry if this is ridiculously long, everything she writes tends to be this way...shows how much she's willing to work with something, neh?-) -and she also hopes you reply back, because she's also sure she didn't explain everything to 100% clearness that it deserves-)
sori t chapter 1 . 3/22/2009
psycho!Kanda is a bit unpredictable at times O.o Still love it though:D Even if you write things that make me wanna cry at one point and almost laugh if not actually laughing at others in the same story. .;
another dgm fangirl chapter 1 . 3/18/2009
whoa, kanda top? o_o anyway, nice fic, and I liked the whole trilogy though it was hard to understand sometimes, hope u write more. Awesome!
Auraka chapter 1 . 10/1/2008
Wow. I loved it.

Poor Lavi
Im-a-tiger chapter 1 . 9/28/2008
gotta love insane!kanda... though i do love him as uke too...

awesome story!
xXJustAnotherFangirlXx chapter 1 . 9/27/2008
Wow... just wow... that was awesome... thanks so much!
Julye chapter 1 . 9/26/2008
Here it is, the one Ive been waiting for so long.

You have no idea how I'm feelin' right now *grins*. You've just saved my life, I mean, lightened my gloomy days. Yea I'm down, but thank you for updating! I'm better now.

As I said before, insanity is great, yes, for me that is. I love it as always. Your writing is great. Its worth my long time waiting.

Looking forwards to the next one. *hugs*
Dgm-yoai-lover chapter 1 . 9/26/2008
ooh, bookmanlavi. that sounds good.
Mysyticmoon chapter 1 . 9/26/2008
That was a really amazing KandaLavi one-shot. At times it had me going "Kanda, how could you do that to Lavi" then other times I was just smiling reading through it. Lavi sure does have patience but i'd say it's worth it...even though at first i was saying the opposite. lol

I'm looking forward to read your other fics now.
Kuro49 chapter 1 . 9/26/2008
-grin grin grin-

Ah a malfunction relationship. The love is too deep to be understood anymore but hey it was wicked! Deliciously alluring with all that torture, the dark side of this pairing really is too good! But I feel really bad for Bookman... he is left to deal with all these problems ubb He really should have chosen another apprentice that wasn't so smart (and good looking!) XD

The writing was great and the vague sex descriptions were good enough for me, I am not the one to like lemons that are TOO graphic XD So this was fantastic to read :)

Kuro~
Neko-sama no Kokoro chapter 1 . 9/26/2008
Even if you didn't plan it as a sequel to Poison, it did sort of feel that way! A similar mood, perhaps... the relationship that already existed... and of course it could stand alone but I think reading and enjoying the other gave this some background.

Great fic. :) It's that unique kind of angst that is so rarely seen, portraying the darker side of people and relationships without discouraging the reader or condemning the pairing that's written. The emotions are intense and easy to understand but not fluffy, unrealistic or over-the-top; the situation isn't exaggerated at all yet highlights the characters and their behaviour perfectly. And, of course, your writing style is perfect for these sorts of fics, using the perfect amount of description and perfect words to do it.

A very enjoyable fic to read!
Tossino chapter 1 . 9/26/2008
You know I love it. *Squishes*

"it was almost as obvious as if big, red letters were flashing over his head saying CONTENTED."

That line cracks me up. x''D